AM LaPierre ZestyAm 827 2015

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Modified the bearing drifts slightly, now both sides can locate into the bearings ID. Makes pulling bearings in square child's play. All those times fucking about with flat drifts that didn't locate into the bearing, grrr.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Full fork service. ~600km on the bike, most not by me, and the fork oil that came out looked like tractor sump oil. Hmmm. Uppers and lowers fully ultrasonic washed with help from the little mechanic.

Dropped the top headset bearing, because I'm a retard. Balls lost. It was close to needing replacement anyway due to water ingress.

Guess I am ordering from Duncan after all.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Modified the bearing drifts slightly, now both sides can locate into the bearings ID. Makes pulling bearings in square child's play. All those times fucking about with flat drifts that didn't locate into the bearing, grrr.

Where does the hammer go?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Where does the hammer go?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Takes a lot to stop the little mechanic testing the carbons integrity with a hammer.

With a sweet bearing drift setup, no hammers needed. Thought I might need to add thrust bearings, but see no use for them yet.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Beginnings of a 35mm fork seal driver. Tried to make it out of one piece of 40mm long stock, but stuffed it up. Will now be a two piece, brazed together assembly, with a 35mm OD section that locates into the upper bushing of the lowers.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What do you use in the ultrasonic bath and how long you leave it on for? We have one at work but not sure how to use it effectively.
Mmmmmm ask Link about his XX1 42 tooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I clean pretty much anything that will fit in the ultrasonic bath. Be careful with painted and anodised parts.

Solution is tap water with a bit of dishwashing detergent. I make the water approx 50c that I put in.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I clean pretty much anything that will fit in the ultrasonic bath. Be careful with painted and anodised parts.

Solution is tap water with a bit of dishwashing detergent. I make the water approx 50c that I put in.
How long you leave something like a cassette in there for?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Beginnings of a 35mm fork seal driver. Tried to make it out of one piece of 40mm long stock, but stuffed it up. Will now be a two piece, brazed together assembly, with a 35mm OD section that locates into the upper bushing of the lowers.
So when and where will we be able to buy all these tools from you?? :)

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Seal driver works like a champion. Clear change in sound when hitting the driver with a hammer when the seal is home. Perfectly positioned.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I've spent 35 hours so far rebuilding this bike, including making the pivot bolts and fork seal driver.

Left to rebuild are the pedals and the dropper. Will be experimenting with a new polyurethane O-Ring for the seal instead of the bs cup seal that lets air in.

Then to build the wheels. Hope pro4 on 29mm ID carbonfans with Sapim race and brass nipples.