le Official 2007 Tour de France thread

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Robbie in Green
Maybe, it really depends on who finishes.

Cadel in Yellow
Probably not, I don't think he's going to be more than a top 10 finisher, he just doesn't seem to either have the ability, or the natural instinct to attack on the big climbs. I'm not saying he's not a great rider, I just haven't seen him do anything when it matters, he's good enough not to lose too much time and stay top 10, but he's not taking/making time to get in Yellow.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Before the race starts, or once the first rider has left on the prologue?

Ryan

Radministrator
Don't the riders have to sign an agreement to race this years tour that goes something along the line of; get caught doping on le tour and it's a 2 year suspension plus 12 months docked pay. Signing the agreement also means that you must submit DNA to be tested in relation to operation Puerto(Sp?).

Or is that just a crazy rumour I picked up off another forum?

scblack

Leucocholic
Don't the riders have to sign an agreement to race this years tour that goes something along the line of; get caught doping on le tour and it's a 2 year suspension plus 12 months docked pay. Signing the agreement also means that you must submit DNA to be tested in relation to operation Puerto(Sp?).

Or is that just a crazy rumour I picked up off another forum?
I think you are right. I saw this on a news report.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Michael Rasmussen for the King of the Mountain, maybe if he wins it for the 3rd time Rabobank will give him some food ;)

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just realised were picking the first doper being caught and not the winner (shakes head in shame at what pro cycling still is):mad:

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just realised were picking the first doper being caught and not the winner (shakes head in shame at what pro cycling still is):mad:
can't we have a bet each way? Surely going by lots of opinions, rumours and a sprinkling of facts, likely winners are also likely dopers....

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cant wait, doping aside i still love it. The only thing that would make it even better if ulrich was back.....
Im dying to watch it on my newly bought 42" plasma

disappearin

Likes Dirt
hopefully rogers has a go at yellow jersey. what about trent lowe? he may gain alot out of this race.

Last edited:

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive got my money on Cadel this year,
I dont think his team knew what he was really capable of last year and this year they will give him a chance.

watch proper tough guys................worst ad ever....

Last edited:

spewyogrady

Likes Dirt
London

Having just spent 5 weeks sitting around in london doing little else but reading cycling magazines the only certainty in the eyes of the UK media is that either Robert Millar or Bradley Wiggings is going to win the prologue or the first stage, after that they couldn't care less.

I am gutted that I had to come back 2 weeks before the Grand Depart in my home town, there was a fair bit of media coverage, ads on the TV etc etc so looks like it is going to be BIG. Also was not too happy about being so close to Italy and not being able to get over for the last weeks of the Giro.

It's now or never for Vino. He's my pick.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having just spent 5 weeks sitting around in london doing little else but reading cycling magazines the only certainty in the eyes of the UK media is that either Robert Millar or Bradley Wiggings is going to win the prologue or the first stage, after that they couldn't care less.
I never thought Robert Millar was much of a prologue rider, he seemed to pretty good in the mountains a couple of decades ago though;) David Millar on the other hand is pretty good.