le Official 2007 Tour de France thread

tojo

Likes Bikes
got to hand it to the Astana team. They are the ones i have noticed more than any other team. Top effort from them. Fair dinkum Vinokourov is a proper tough guy!

go to bed jessica

Likes Dirt
The live coverage on cycling news has Vino in a 25 man break, with none of the major GC guys with him. Rabobank is on the front of the peloton going like crazy....... gap is 5min+.

That crazy bastard Vino doesn't want me to go to bed does he?

Bodin

GMBC
No, he definitely doesn't. He's bonkers and it's out to 8 minutes now. In fact, the combination of being exposed to his craziness so regularly in the wee small hours is bound to make all of us crazy. I'm going to have the most mental commute ever to work tomorrow.

Garrath

Likes Dirt
Thats it Vinnie, add some spice. I was somewhat bummed to see him perform so badly last night. These late nights are getting deadly.

Almost 9 mins now. I note Hincapie and Menchov are along for the ride as well, not that we should expect Menchov to do anything but freeload.

RCOH

Eats Squid
"Ahhh, the good old Pyranean Condor....magical bird"

"...& a great success, look at his head he lloking for the rider in ther yellow jersey..."

"...he's going to pick him off!"

Bodin

GMBC
"Ahhh, the good old Pyranean Condor....magical bird"

"...& a great success, look at his head he lloking for the rider in ther yellow jersey..."

"...he's going to pick him off!"
Classic stuff.

I must admit however, that Sherwen is giving me the s***s with his insistence on measuring distance in miles and altitude in feet. I mean, I know he's English, but the French invented the freakin' metric system, it's what most sensible societies use and this ain't the Tour D'Angleterre, ffs! :mad:

Ivanov's explosion just then was magnifique. I did that last time I rode road, except it was after one third of the distance, at one third of the speed, and one third of the gradient. If we look at those as multipliers, then I guess that means these guys are 27 times the road rider I am. :eek:

Callum

Likes Bikes
I must admit the tour de france has definately got me this year.
The summit has just been reached with 37km to go and the leaders out with a 6 minute gap, with one more major climb to go it looks like Rasmussen could find himself struggling to stay in yellow at the end of the day.

Bodin

GMBC
No way - the blokes ahead of him on the road aren't close enough to him on the overall times. He'll be fine.

The main interest here is whether Contador will attack him on the next climb.

Looks like they've just changed climate zones - thick fog has given way to blinding sunshine as soon as they've crested the climb. I gotta see this place one day.

Bodin

GMBC
Vino's a freak. At least he's now got something positive to take away from this race.

Chicken's also done an unbelievable job of covering Contador. The Spaniard's attacking was relentless, but they crossed the line together. It looks like it's all going to come down to whether Contador can beat Chicken by enough in the TT.

Cadel's finally been sensible and not done anything suicidal like trying to cover the Danish Enchilada combination. Third is looking good, cuz I can't see Levi or Kloden getting a minute and a half on him on the hills or in the TT. *fingers crossed*

Wow - the thought of an Aussie MTBer on the TDF podium is getting very tasty. GO CADEL!

Callum

Likes Bikes
What a finish, that was the best finish ive seen since Robbie McEwans win in the first stage.
Contador was relentless to Rasmussan at the end of the climb.
Also good to see Cadel didnt lose too much time aswel in the end.

...jim

skanky media ho
I so hope either Rasmussen or Contador blow like a Judy seal on the last mountain stage! It's mnot impossible given the way they're attacking each other.

In reality roast chicken or condor is about Cadel's only chance of moving up a podium step now.

What a great few weeks it's been for bike fans.

oldbean

NSWMTB
Just checking the Tour Guide over lunch and it says that the last time the Tour went over the Col d' Aubisque (the mountain finish for Wednesday's stage) Cadel Evans took first place points!

Could bode well for him!

ozelise

Likes Dirt
Contador's a freak. Watch him have chicken tonight, or tomorrow rather. If he can launch a surprise attack early enough with enough Disco boys he could be in yellow. Trick will be to catch Rabobank off guard which will be difficult. Alternatively set a cracking pace from the start and hope Rabobank with all the work they've done in the last couple of days will crash and burn. Rest day will mitigate against this though ........ O to be a fly on the wall of the teams' director sportif's room. Can't wait. Cadel - will podium.

mtbin.

Likes Bikes
lets pray lol

hi i am a sudent who has been religosly following the tour
lets pray for cadel now im not religiose but yer im gonna start praying for him

CADEL for 1st, or second
thats my two cents
cheers al