LifeCycles DVD.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We got the DVD today,
i have to say i'm 28min into it and there has been bugger all riding,
yep there is some cool footage and big jumps, all a little arty in places, and delves to much on scenery
some cool angle and how the F did they film that parts, and way too many OMG my camera can film at 60fps I'd better use that .....heaps

ROAM is where it's at.

so far 2/5 stars

meh

Last edited:

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We got the DVD today,
yep there is some cool footage and big jumps, all a little arty in places, and delves to much on scenery
some cool angle and how the F did they film that parts, and way too many OMG my camera can film at 60fps I'd better use that .....heaps

ROAM is where it's at.

so far 2/5 stars

meh

Im glad i wasnt the only one, meh - what a waste of $30...

If you dont care about wanky camera angles and animations and just want to see guys shredding bikes to some good music then it will only dissapoint. :(

I can't understand how you would not love and enjoy this film. You must have no understanding of creativity. The way the film makers have thought this whole thing through and planned the project and then executed it is incredible. It captures just how beautiful riding mountain bikes is. If you cant see this and or understand it, fair call. Maybe it's all a bit too much for you watching something other than a standard MTV 3 minute sections wham bam style action sports movie.

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you dont care about wanky camera angles and animations and just want to see guys shredding bikes to some good music then it will only dissapoint. :(
I can't understand how you would not love and enjoy this film. You must have no understanding of creativity.
Its not about the creativity and camera angles too some. I would find that filmers and photographers would enjoy Life Cycles alot more because they have they creative aspect which they attempt to integrate into that work, and this movie extends to motivate them into doing so.

However, someone with the passion completely of riding and not how it is portrayed may dislike it because it doesn't have the shredding and awesomeness that Seasons and NWD do have.

Big on personal preference, actually haven't seen it myself, but im sure i'd love to see it for the different shots and awesome scenary.
Tom.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I can't understand how you would not love and enjoy this film. You must have no understanding of creativity. The way the film makers have thought this whole thing through and planned the project and then executed it is incredible. It captures just how beautiful riding mountain bikes is. If you cant see this and or understand it, fair call. Maybe it's all a bit too much for you watching something other than a standard MTV 3 minute sections wham bam style action sports movie.
It's not about not being able to understand how beautiful mountain biking is, and unable to appreciate something more than a 3 minute mtv clip,as you seemingly so condescendingly put it. I'd say most riders have a good appreciation of creativity, simply by the very nature of being a rider. I don't think anyone would disagree that it is beautifully shot and gorgeous to look at, but it's more like a showreel of amazing images you'd expect to see in a tv showroom with some riding in there for good measure than a mtb film. It does tell a story, and it is done incredibly well, and i'm sure those into film and photography would love it, but if you bought it expecting a more 'hardcore' mtb film then you'd be in for a surprise.. and that isn't hard to understand either.

reillyh123

Likes Dirt
i woulda assumed the title "Life Cycles" gave you knuckle heads enough of an idea to realize what the movie is about.

If you wanted guys sending off cliffs and doing double frontflips over 60ft jumps.. it might have been called something like "Death Wish" or "Mega Fuckn Awsome Insane LookBack Stunts"

Or did you fail to watch the trailer...? im stumped...

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dude all i said was that i didn't like it.
and felt let down
that's my opinion and that's all.
I cant stand those throw myself over a cliff and hope I stick it clips
oops was that my opinion again?
you can tell me i'm wrong,
then you can tell me that
my favourite colour is wrong
my favourite album is wrong
my favourite food is wrong.

maybe we will see you on the movie show

Last edited:

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was so close to ordering it through iTunes, but couldn't be bothered with the credit card bullshit. Watched it at a mates house the other night, and was patting myself on the back the whole time.

There is nothing beautiful about it. Sure, it was shot with a nice camera, and they tried to do it in a way that seemed meaningful, but at the end of the day, the river metaphor was thrown in at the last minute, as if they tried to force some meaning out of it.

It's the type of film you'd have on repeat at a bike shop, where you'd only ever watch glimpses of it.

I mean, hell, the first proper riding segment, they repeated half the shots with swanky special effects!

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
I want to see it so badly!
I was going to be naughty and torrent it, but it's not up!

Anyone want to lend me a copy?

BennyVdotCOM

Likes Bikes
It's all personal preference. I thought it was brilliant to watch and the riding was great. The Brandon Semenuk in the wheat field was probably one of my all time favourite segments. There is a interview with the film makers on pinkbike. They just wanted to do something different...and they did.

Cranker

Likes Dirt
We got the DVD today,

ROAM is where it's at.

so far 2/5 stars

meh
The intro was the best part of the movie!
Way too much slowmo for my liking and I got bored watching it!

"Follow me" Now that is an farkin awesome film!!!:)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
sooo who can I borrow it off, so I can satisfy my creative juices, whilst still being a tight arse ... That makes me an Arty Bohemian right

rsquared

Likes Dirt
If you bought this movie and were disappointed, you only have yourself to blame. If you bought it expecting a hardcore film then you are just an idiot.

I personally thought the movie and footage was amazing. I personally liked how it wasn't about particular riders and their tricks, they don't introduce each rider and have a segment of them and move on to the next rider. It is just a movie about riding in general with some amazing riding and cinematography.

There was enough pre hype about this movie for you all to know what it was about and what it was going to be like. Stop whinging!.

To say you watched 28mins and there is barely any riding is just a load of crap as well. Keep those exaggerations for the pink bike forums.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you bought this movie and were disappointed, you only have yourself to blame. If you bought it expecting a hardcore film then you are just an idiot.

I personally thought the movie and footage was amazing. I personally liked how it wasn't about particular riders and their tricks, they don't introduce each rider and have a segment of them and move on to the next rider. It is just a movie about riding in general with some amazing riding and cinematography.

There was enough pre hype about this movie for you all to know what it was about and what it was going to be like. Stop whinging!.

To say you watched 28mins and there is barely any riding is just a load of crap as well. Keep those exaggerations for the pink bike forums.
People are just expressing their personal views man, which they are entitled to do.

Theres no need to call anyone an idiot!