LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
As most know I'm a big fan and advocate for the Lupine light, their spread and beam quality is unbelievable. Pistonbroke, once you have ridden in the deepest of night with this you will forever wonder how the hell you have ridden at night in the past!

quiggs

P.s. the Ayup will be useless with Betty idling along on your handlebars

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Quiggs you're the reason I bought this light. Your lights left quite an impression on me.
I'm pretty sure you're right about the ayup's but am not ready to lash out on the Wilma just yet. Have you used the Pico?

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Outstanding spread of light. I run a Pico on the scone and it is great. I agree w Quiggs. The Ayup will be drowned out. :)

I upgraded my Wilma not knowing what to expect. The difference was f@&&ng amazing. The Lupine upgrades are damn great value.

John U

MTB Precision
I've got a piko and a wilma. I'd think the wilma might just be a little too heavy for the helmet. Go the Piko.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fixed it for you.

I know the ayup will be out gunned by the Betty but want something on the lid for when I look off centre, if you know what I mean.
Stop crying! You now have the best light on the market and it will be upgradeable for a long time. The economics are sound.

Yeah I hear about a helmet light. I'd always ride w' one, no matter how anaemic. I had an Exposure thingy for a while that was half as powerful an an Ayup...

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Total system weight is 842 grams
Battery weight is 658 grams
Light weight is 184 grams

Yes the battery is on the heavy side but remember it's a 17.5 ah and will run all night.
And takes up your cage........

An Exposure Reflex will also run all night and is a single sealed unit....

brettd

Likes Bikes
Light fit

Interested in knowing where & how people mount the battery pack for their lights?
Keen to see pics of how cables are run etc.

CHeers

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
Ayup light mounted in front of the stem, short lead around stem/top cap and small battery pack velcroed onto top tube...sometimes on down tube inside the triangle. depends how I'm feeling on the day...

Summer Sultan 2.jpg