Little Things You Hate

stirk

Burner
I have not ridden my bike for a couple of weeks, jump on today for a quick ride, go to use the front brake and next to no braking force available and howling.

Damit, something has contaminated my brake pads or disc. I suspect the missus with the Windex cleaning the windows.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guy near me rides a commuter POS to work, with his kid's enormous bucket seat permanently attached on the back.

I don't know whether to applaud his complete lack of fcks given or to be offended by it, but leaning towards the latter.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I have not ridden my bike for a couple of weeks, jump on today for a quick ride, go to use the front brake and next to no braking force available and howling.

Damit, something has contaminated my brake pads or disc. I suspect the missus with the Windex cleaning the windows.

First time in four weeks for me, not quite over my illness ( some god awful virus ), bike was fine, it was the organic side letting things down, not the bike. 8degrees wasn't fun.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Guy near me rides a commuter POS to work, with his kid's enormous bucket seat permanently attached on the back.

I don't know whether to applaud his complete lack of fcks given or to be offended by it, but leaning towards the latter.
The latter wins. How can people care so little about their bike? No pride...

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it's his ride to work shitter and he has a nice well-maintained MTB at home then the former wins doubly.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Caesarstone, fucking rubbish, get real stone.
After you buy it you get told you need to have blinds as it yellows with sunlight, turns out it is also allowed to be warped as long as it is inside their specs, it looks shithouse as it doesn't sit flat on the endplate. It's also seriously shit to clean compared to granite or marble I just don't understand how it can be so expensive if it made from scrap rocks and resin then end up being pretty shit, Laminex next time.

stirk

Burner
After you buy it you get told you need to have blinds as it yellows with sunlight, turns out it is also allowed to be warped as long as it is inside their specs, it looks shithouse as it doesn't sit flat on the endplate. It's also seriously shit to clean compared to granite or marble I just don't understand how it can be so expensive if it made from scrap rocks and resin then end up being pretty shit, Laminex next time.
Can't beat real timber!

The look might not work with every kitchen style but stainless drawers and cupboards topped with dark timber is hot.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Quantum Quartz?

stirk

Burner
Polished concrete is the latest fad. Looks good when done well.
Not a fad, timeless.

Parents had polished concrete floor, stainless and wood kitchen 20 years ago, stands the test of time. A classic combination. The whole house was the same style, concrete floor, concrete bricks, wooden louvres.

Fuck you termites!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No, it's well past a fad. We had ours done 11 years ago, and it was gaining popularity then. It's now more hipsters.
Agreed...It was a long time ago. I feel it reached the point of decline when they started doing it with "mix-ins"...screws, bolts and so on to add more effect once polished. Colour bond is the flooring of the future.