Little Things You Hate

nakedape

Likes Dirt
LITH - Tassie roads during peak tourist season. Alright, so we've got more than our share of useless drivers - some will do 60km in the 110 zone while others do 140km, and yet more don't know what double white lines mean - but tourist season sees all the mainland's grey nomads here as well as half of mainland China (with simulator derived licenses and no actual experience). So we end up with a slow moving campervan being followed by sum dickhead who is too scared to overtake (ever) and a line of increasingly pissed off locals. A two hour drive suddenly becomes a three our near death experience.

Bring on winter!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Goodo, seems a suitably scientific and conclusive test. I'll post the photos of my face afterwards :crutch:

If you lack lack the balls for this, the other method is:

remove crown race from steerer, clean and grease, reassemble and test ride to eliminate. If creak is still evident, flip bike and lube one stanchion to crown connection and test, rinse and repeat. Also try steerer to crown interface. I'd like inox spray lube but any oil will do.

The stanchion to crown and crown to steerer connections are a mega tight interference fit with a bonding agent ( steerer might be sans bonding agent), definetly a warranty job for your other giant dealer if you find it is a stanchion to crown creak.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
If you lack lack the balls for this, the other method is:

remove crown race from steerer, clean and grease, reassemble and test ride to eliminate. If creak is still evident, flip bike and lube one stanchion to crown connection and test, rinse and repeat. Also try steerer to crown interface. I'd like inox spray lube but any oil will do.

The stanchion to crown and crown to steerer connections are a mega tight interference fit with a bonding agent ( steerer might be sans bonding agent), definetly a warranty job for your other giant dealer if you find it is a stanchion to crown creak.
Cheers. Have had the creak for a while, just put it down to headset. But clean and greased now and putting it upside down and removing the wheel so I can yank the lowers back and forth replicated the noise nicely.

Sigh. I dont think I'm emotionally equipped for another warranty claim... I wonder what new uppers will cost!

stoo

Likes Dirt
LTIH - so how exactly does one confirm for sure that a RS crown is creaking/clicking...?

shouldaboughtafox...
Grab the steerer in a vice with soft jaws and give the lowers a big yoink, easy to pull them out to do this and then you'll know for sure.

moorey

call me Mia
LTIH - so how exactly does one confirm for sure that a RS crown is creaking/clicking...?

shouldaboughtafox...
I'd be checking stem before assuming it's crown. More often that not, it's that....except on fox forks, then it's always creaking.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'd be checking stem before assuming it's crown. More often that not, it's that....except on fox forks, then it's always creaking.
Only just reinstalled the fork yesterday with a torque wrench on the stem bolts, but I'll recheck.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Get a mini van then. Or a station wagon and contraceptives. You don't need the behemoth vision blocking kidding crushing ride height...

People in the US but Dodge Rams because they "need" to cart a ride on lawn mower around... There is "need" and then there is the whole SUV wankery. I wish people would just admit they buy one because they get a woody driving them for some reason...
I own two SUVs. Ram that where the sun don't shine.
Is this about your SUV Woody?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
HAhahaha, what a load of silly shit! You reeeeaaally think about that before you said it??!!

Another silly-ass post.

A minivan or station wagon do not offer the same abilities off road as even a Kluger or my X-trail. Sure, they are not Patrol or Prado but they sure offer a huge amount more options in terms of access, towing and so on than a van/wagon. I camp and go bush walking as well as driving to trails way off the beaten track every now and then and my SUV comes very much in handy. But guess what, 95% of the time I'm driving it around the streets, woody-fucking-free!

Do you dislike people who drive modded out WRXs, commodores, falcons, golfs, audis and whatnot? I mean, they clearly drive cars like that as it gives them a thrill. Are you the kind of guy who thinks badly of anyone who actually buys a car because they may - shock-fucking-horror - like the model?

Has anyone every suggested that you might be a boring, cynical whinger before? I'm not saying that they would right as the internet and web forums tend to emphasise some parts of the personality and a pretty warped picture is easily transmitted (Speaking from experience) but you do come across as quite small minded and negative when you bemoan people for doing something that makes them happy and you cannot share in that happiness.
This is a safe place. you're allowed to have a woody, we don't hate you for it. Now come on...you've had a woody in the car before, haven't you?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
LITH - Tassie roads during peak tourist season. Alright, so we've got more than our share of useless drivers - some will do 60km in the 110 zone while others do 140km, and yet more don't know what double white lines mean - but tourist season sees all the mainland's grey nomads here as well as half of mainland China (with simulator derived licenses and no actual experience). So we end up with a slow moving campervan being followed by sum dickhead who is too scared to overtake (ever) and a line of increasingly pissed off locals. A two hour drive suddenly becomes a three our near death experience.

Bring on winter!
Doesn't sound any different to anywhere else in Australia. Home of the Shit Driver.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Get a mini van then. Or a station wagon and contraceptives. You don't need the behemoth vision blocking kidding crushing ride height...

People in the US but Dodge Rams because they "need" to cart a ride on lawn mower around... There is "need" and then there is the whole SUV wankery. I wish people would just admit they buy one because they get a woody driving them for some reason...
One does not "need" a Dodge Ram to cart a fucking lawnmower. A normal car and a rental trailer from Bunnings or the local servo are well up to it.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
A minivan or station wagon do not offer the same abilities off road as even a Kluger or my X-trail. Sure, they are not Patrol or Prado but they sure offer a huge amount more options in terms of access, towing and so on than a van/wagon. I camp and go bush walking as well as driving to trails way off the beaten track every now and then and my SUV comes very much in handy. But guess what, 95% of the time I'm driving it around the streets, woody-fucking-free!
Maybe, maybe not. The vast majority of Urban Assault Vehicles don't even go off-road to the extent of parking on the nature strip for washing. Nor do they have the kid-&-associated-shit-carrying capacity of a decent-sized normal wagon. And they're an utter pain in the arse for drivers of normal-sized cars because you can't see past the fucking monster things.

UAVs are an extension of Volvo Driver Syndrome: what started as "I'm a shit driver, I need a tank to protect me from my incompetence, fuck everyone else" has turned into "I'm a shit driver, I need a monster truck so when I flatten someone I can plead ignorance & say I didn't see them, and fuck everyone else".