Little Things You Hate

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
At the moment, my car. Bearing down on half a million km it's to be expected that things will wear out, but it's just bloody constant. Few months ago popped the clutch hose. Bit of dicking around sourcing a new one, but sorted & not too hard to fit & bleed (basically the same as a bike brake process - easy). Next, dying battery, with a particular dislike for cold weather. Replaced that. Then leaky radiator. Replaced that, only to discover it was only part of the problem 'cos water pump has popped a seal too and is pissing everywhere, and to top it all off has just started doing a fair Exxon Valdez impression too. :pout:

Flow-Rider

Burner
At the moment, my car. Bearing down on half a million km it's to be expected that things will wear out, but it's just bloody constant. Few months ago popped the clutch hose. Bit of dicking around sourcing a new one, but sorted & not too hard to fit & bleed (basically the same as a bike brake process - easy). Next, dying battery, with a particular dislike for cold weather. Replaced that. Then leaky radiator. Replaced that, only to discover it was only part of the problem 'cos water pump has popped a seal too and is pissing everywhere, and to top it all off has just started doing a fair Exxon Valdez impression too. :pout:
That's cars for you. You got your monies worth at half a mill, time to rebuild or replace.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Much sadness from me that they stopped building on Stans.....other than that, people I know with them have been happy. The 'enduro is ridiculously narrow in this age of wider rims though. Looking forward to trying the w35's though.
Don't be lazy build them yourself, one would have thought you were as broke as a homeless.

Beej1

At the moment, my car.
Just don't start openly discussing replacing it, especially while sitting in it. I swear they have a way of sensing their imminent abandonment to the Gumtree masses and start falling to pieces faster than you can arrange a replacement.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
and to top it all off has just started doing a fair Exxon Valdez impression too. :pout:
my landcruiser has started leak oil oot the front of the motor, much dismantling to be done to get to it, mechanic quoted $1,500.

looks like I'm back to carrying spare oil and parking on the street again.
Yeah, mine seems to be front of motor too. Haven't taken it for a quote, but I know from past major jobs over the years that it will be well north of a grand to get someone to do it. Fuck that off. I need to do a bit more dismantling & digging around, but I reckon I'm getting close to nutting out the source. If it's just the oil seals I'm suspecting it to be, I can get those AND a water pump for under $100 and do it myself....

Last edited:
Yeah, mine seems to be front of motor too. Haven't taken it for a quote, but I know from past major jobs over the years that it will well north of a grand to get someone to do it. Fuck that off. I need to do a bit more dismantling & digging around, but I reckon I'm getting close to nutting out the source. If it's just the oil seals I'm suspecting it to be, I can get those AND a water pump for under $100 and do it myself....
I'm thinking it's ls3 time, dual lockers, 33s and rip the shit out of the newnes

stirk

Burner
Little thing I hate this morning, whiny tennis players who can't handle a bit of noise from the crowd:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...y/news-story/b264361b62071a27c93e604b9ced2fd1

Tennis and golf have this pissy "quiet please" attitude expected from the thousands of crowd numbers, while football codes and many other sports have players who can actually deal with crowds at their events being allowed to enjoy themselves.
Hypocritical bunch of whingers.

[video=youtube_share;YRGWXh1r7I4]https://youtu.be/YRGWXh1r7I4[/video]

LTIH...

Going to the bathroom to a) take care of your ablutions & b) take a break from from the nasally whine of a fucking annoying work colleague. Settle in to take care of business, phone in hand surfing Rotorburn & watching a few mtb clips. Job done & proceed to try & stand up before realising your feet are completely numb from having your elbows planted on your legs for too long on the toilet, you then proceed to awkwardly shuffle back to the desk like you've been unwittingly given a dose of ketamine or got a mild case of the palsy...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
They make a doller while we make a dime, thats why I shit on company time.

Those deadlegs and red marks on elbows are a sure giveaway. Own it!

moorey

call me Mia
LTIH...

Going to the bathroom to a) take care of your ablutions & b) take a break from from the nasally whine of a fucking annoying work colleague. Settle in to take care of business, phone in hand surfing Rotorburn & watching a few mtb clips. Job done & proceed to try & stand up before realising your feet are completely numb from having your elbows planted on your legs for too long on the toilet, you then proceed to awkwardly shuffle back to the desk like you've been unwittingly given a dose of ketamine or got a mild case of the palsy...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I thought Haakon was OS?