Little Things You Hate

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Sacking her was dumb, does more harm than good and is also bullshit as people are allowed to have their own opinions, regardless of how stupid others may think they are.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sacking her was dumb, does more harm than good and is also bullshit as people are allowed to have their own opinions, regardless of how stupid others may think they are.
Don't necessarily disagree with you there... But its their business and they get to decide what personal attributes are incompatible with it.

Its pretty amazing though, who could have predicted that the public vote caper would bring out such vitriol and angst in the community... :whistle:

Minlak

custom titis
Correct

Don't necessarily disagree with you there... But its their business and they get to decide what personal attributes are incompatible with it.

Its pretty amazing though, who could have predicted that the public vote caper would bring out such vitriol and angst in the community... :whistle:
Annnndddddd..... Yes sacking her is fine but doing it in the public eye on a such a divisive issue makes them stupid.

I am amused constantly at the moment where no matter what opinion you have you are wrong and have no right to voice it......

moorey

call me Mia

Yeah nah, if she was saying this while on the job or under the company's name, that's one thing but if she posted it on her own Facebook page totally separate, she's entitled to her wrong point of view. This shit is exactly what the NO vote claims will happen. I suspect it's actually bullshit, and she was fired to prove the point of the NO side fears.
I'll take my tinfoil hat off now.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Can definitely recommend the reach around just park so tank cap and hose are lined up.
Even works when hose is a bit short.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah nah, if she was saying this while on the job or under the company's name, that's one thing but if she posted it on her own Facebook page totally separate, she's entitled to her wrong point of view. This shit is exactly what the NO vote claims will happen. I suspect it's actually bullshit, and she was fired to prove the point of the NO side fears.
I'll take my tinfoil hat off now.
Didn't we cover in the public servants vs social media thread the notion that your employer has a stake in your personal beliefs...?

So yeah, I get that she is entitled to her opinion... But then again so is the business owner. Although I have no idea on what the law is around unfair dismissals and stuff like this...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
From what I recall, which isn't a very good guide as to what actually occurred......, I thought that public srevants couldn't comment on public policy as that is them essentially critiquing their employer. The problem was that this situation precluded them from part of the democratic process.

I'm not sure that your own personal opinion is allowed to be constrained by the employer.

Bad thing to do at a bad time, in my opinion. Just doesn't help her own cause by being such a fucking thought nazi.

moorey

call me Mia
Didn't we cover in the public servants vs social media thread the notion that your employer has a stake in your personal beliefs...?

So yeah, I get that she is entitled to her opinion... But then again so is the business owner. Although I have no idea on what the law is around unfair dismissals and stuff like this...
If she'd said 'God hates fags', and listed employer on her FB page, sure.
She expressed an opinion in a national survey, and unless I missed it, didn't link it to employer.

Was she a public servant? I might have missed that on my skim read. Thought it was a private business.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
Iirc it wasn't just that post but how she responded when her employer asked her to remove it in line with not looking bad for the business

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Or it is a complicated issue covered under the various federal and state work place laws...and no, they can't sack someone just because they disagree with them. But there are plenty of easy ways around it. Oh and (still?) there is the Howard legacy of no unfair dismissal in small business.

Damn straight, although I may be awake all night now contemplating the texture of my milk
Keep it simple...just imagine the smoothest most velvety latte you've ever had and then as you are about to achieve that impossible.task on your home espresso machine...slip and have the nozzle bust through the surface! Spurting milk everywhere and making big shitty bubbles.

Just keep the nozzle under the surface for the whole time your steaming. You'll get a reasonable result that way. Home espresso machines are very different to commercial ones and it's very difficult to replicate the cafe experience.

Keep it simple...just imagine the smoothest most velvety latte you've ever had and then as you are about to achieve that impossible.task on your home espresso machine...slip and have the nozzle bust through the surface! Spurting milk everywhere and making big shitty bubbles.

Just keep the nozzle under the surface for the whole time your steaming. You'll get a reasonable result that way. Home espresso machines are very different to commercial ones and it's very difficult to replicate the cafe experience.

ooooh mama !!!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
LTIH Retailers telling you they have items in stock and you waste half a day getting there, then you find out it's out of stock. No wonder online shopping is kicking arse these days.