Little Things You Hate

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, when vision has been affected it's next level.

I'd definitely see some one, not the kind of risk worth taking.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cramped in a tight spot in a roof drilling through the top plate with a large spade bit, bit snags and drill spins and slams the battery into my face, head then slams into the truss next to me.... Blurred vision for the day, headache ever since and now people looking at me funny everywhere I go...
That will buff out. Don't listen to those guys, they're just patsies for the medical industry and big pharmacy. Talk about a first world problem!

Now for a real issue! I don't often travel intercity in a car. I'm riding with my sister and her little kids which means a stop off at the megacrush soul sucking servicestationmcdonaldsandshit half way to Sydney. I figure fuck Ronald I'll get coffee from that place nobody is going to...except all the old people. I pay for coffee and then realise it is going to just dribble out of a machine. Service is actually worse than Ronald's too. Coffee is horrendous! I'm not sure how I'm going to survive this little kids party I'm off too. Oh and look...#notmylipstick! Don't you cunts have a dishwasher???

DSC_2070~2.jpg

stirk

Burner
A detached retina is no joke. And almost impossible to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, happened to a mate, kids playing with slingshots, hard lesson to learn. When you take a photo of him the detached retina makes the eye reflect double the light of a normal eye, reminds me of terminator.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A detached retina is no joke. And almost impossible to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I worked for a guy who's retina decided to detach (a long time ago). He had some form of emergency surgery and attempted to come back to work almost straight away as it was Christmas and we had a lot of orders (it was a deli) for carved ham that he only trusted himself to prepare. He passed out while carving. Fortunately he saw the light after that and followed the doctor's instructions.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
LTIH: riding 10km of shitty off camber, chunder, climbing trail in 35 DegC followed by a 15%+ gradient fire road climb out......
People who enjoy that shit need an uppercut.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Working on car dash boards. Of course the area where I wanted the switches was behind everything else. Think I removed 13 bits to get that one out. Then put it all back together and have one screw left over - rattles pending.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Purchased frozen drink yesterday, icy and good. Supplied drink came with a straw that was a bit squashed, over in shape. Bad news for shifting said icy drink around, only strong in one direction, anything else and it bent and wouldn't move the icy beverage around. Took twice as long to drink it, and I couldn't get another straw becaus by the time I'd realised I was 2km away. Drive though sucks sometimes.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Working on car dash boards. Of course the area where I wanted the switches was behind everything else. Think I removed 13 bits to get that one out. Then put it all back together and have one screw left over - rattles pending.
Don't worry, most manufacturers always install a superfluous bolt or screw as a sacrifice to the car gods. It will be fine.

The best engine I ever built had a mystery bolt left over - that thing ran wonderfully for a mighty long time.

safreek

LTIH : thinking I had the money to buy a good second hand bike, car trouble, now having to sell the cove to sort it out. Damn, stuck with a DJ bike for the near future. Toodle ooh money and bike. I guess at least tyroola does afterpay so its almost a win

Flow-Rider

Burner
Don't worry, most manufacturers always install a superfluous bolt or screw as a sacrifice to the car gods. It will be fine.

The best engine I ever built had a mystery bolt left over - that thing ran wonderfully for a mighty long time.
That's what they most likely thought when they built your Alfa and look how that ended.:whistle:

Years ago in a workshop I was at, we had a front windscreen installed into a VC commodore. The windscreen dude wanted a hand as I walked past so I put my tyre lever down and helped. Windscreen dude puts the trim with the grill back on in the workshop and off the car goes from Qld down to Melbourne for this bloke to start a new job. Anyway, about a few months went by, his job didn't work out and he drove back to Qld then complained about a rattle in the fire wall. Lo and behold, when I looked in the grill I had found my trusty tyre lever that I had lost for all those months. :biggrin1:

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's what they most likely thought when they built your Alfa and look how that ended.:whistle:

Years ago I had a front windscreen installed into a VC commodore. The windscreen dude wanted a hand as I walked past so I put my tyre lever down and helped. Windscreen dude puts the trim with the grill back on in the workshop and off the car goes from Qld down to Melbourne for this bloke to start a new job. Anyway, about a few months went by, his job didn't work out and he drove back to Qld then complained about a rattle in the fire wall. Lo and behold, when I looked in the grill I had found my trusty tyre lever that I had lost for all those months. :biggrin1:
That is quite a confession. Perhaps a few confessions in one.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Years ago in a workshop I was at, we had a front windscreen installed into a VC commodore. The windscreen dude wanted a hand as I walked past so I put my tyre lever down and helped. Windscreen dude puts the trim with the grill back on in the workshop and off the car goes from Qld down to Melbourne for this bloke to start a new job. Anyway, about a few months went by, his job didn't work out and he drove back to Qld then complained about a rattle in the fire wall. Lo and behold, when I looked in the grill I had found my trusty tyre lever that I had lost for all those months. :biggrin1:
One of my favourite spanners I found in the engine bay of a car I bought :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
That is quite a confession. Perhaps a few confessions in one.
It doesn't count when it's car related, doing 6 things at once doesn't help either and a tight arse boss that didn't want to turn all the lights on in a dark workshop to save 2 cents in power. Fuck I was glad to get out of that shit hole.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've had this close to a month.

I first got it for the first two days I wasn't even sure that I had a cold or that it was hayfever. Then it became real and and had limited elements of the flu. The wooziness, the sore throat in the morning and the general shitiness. Then the blocked nose kicked in for almost two weeks and things evened out. But every couple of days when I'd sit down at my desk to work I would still feel that wooziness and shitty feeling in my eyes and my sinus area. Then last week around Tues/Wed it just started kicking in again but much harder this time. It took me out for 3 days. Sunday felt like I was on the mend and I was pretty active. Yet yesterday and today it's kicked back in again. If I still feel shitty come Friday I'm going to a doctor.

I haven't had the high temps and joint aches like normal flus. This one has a different feeling to it. I still haven't developed a persistent cough either although the build up of hardcore snot has moved into my ears, which I couldn't equalise for days on end. Wish I could shrink down to the size of a microbe so I could punch all these little fuckers running around in my insides shitting on everything.