Little Things You Hate

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Fortunately Yackandandah is a reasonable place for rentals .
House Prices and rates are rising but rents go up.
Most people are [very very if you are Trump ] responsible.
v few bogans and ferals to make a mess though lifestyle single mothers dont like mowing.
This spring has been perfect but grass is growing quickly.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
How do these tenants pass inspections? Our place is always immaculate in the lead up to one of those!

LTIH: watching Reggie Yates last night and being reminded how fucked up the fur industry is. Argh, just got the visions of sable, mink and fox stressed out in tiny cages seared into my brain today.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fortunately Yackandandah is a reasonable place for rentals .
House Prices and rates are rising but rents go up.
Most people are [very very if you are Trump ] responsible.
v few bogans and ferals to make a mess though lifestyle single mothers dont like mowing.
This spring has been perfect but grass is growing quickly.
If those ladies need their grass mown...I'll have to look up where yuckypanda is though.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It's nearly come to the end of my patients. For the lousy couple of dollars you're left it's a lot of headaches.
The joy of being a landlord. I did the samw myself for some time and the overall gain isn't as much as I'd hoped considering you are tied to the house in many ways.

Tax time wasn't as exciting as I thought either.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's the trade off. Can you put up with the shit enough to reap the benefits? Or are you better off reducing the hassles and enjoying a little less stress? An eternal struggle of capitalism, when will you have enough?

And when you think you do, out comes that hand: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbQiVQuiu04

The stress isn't all that bad but it's annoying because you know a lot of it is caused because it's not theirs. One thing I'll never do is trust a PM because most of the times when I have the outcome has been bad and it's too late to do anything by the time I find out. You can't get any money back because they haven't followed any protocol to safe guard against the problems. You really get to know what 'stupid' is when you own rentals.

Put on ya dancing shoes.

[video=youtube;OQEp18_VlRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQEp18_VlRQ[/video]

Flow-Rider

Burner
How do these tenants pass inspections? Our place is always immaculate in the lead up to one of those!
That's what I keep on asking the PM's but they go all quiet and can't come up with any answer.

The joy of being a landlord. I did the samw myself for some time and the overall gain isn't as much as I'd hoped considering you are tied to the house in many ways.

Oh yeah the big greedy landlord with the golden teeth. All that money we get, you know the high class Hookers, drugs, fast cars, all good.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Tax time can be very exciting. You just need to put your imagination to work and run the gauntlet. The government is just going to waste the revenue on schools, roads, hospitals, train lines, telecommunications, ports, and other infrastructure anyway. Not to forget their "look at the welfare wastage!" notes the bottom of your notice of assessment. It is only fair that you stop this from happening by lining your own pockets.

There may be some level of self delusion towards the capitalist dream. I'm sure there is a Kath and Kim quote to cover it.

Never one to miss the opportunity for a bit of lawn care :)

As long as it isn't my own lawn.

That's what I keep on asking the PM's but they go all quiet and can't come up with any answer.

Oh yeah the big greedy landlord with the golden teeth. All that money we get, you know the high class Hookers, drugs, fast cars, all good.
From what I've experienced, the employer isn't picking the cream of the crop for those roles. Their notion of service is to send out endless piles of emails, keeping me "informed", but charging for the pleasure.

It isn't all doom and gloom though. I've only had one bad lease (and fuck me that was bad!). Otherwise the rent comes in, I hold the lender in balance, the tax benefits aren't as great as you imagine, and I'm hardly out of pocket to put the house in my name. One day it may actually generate an income.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Tax time can be very exciting. You just need to put your imagination to work and run the gauntlet. The government is just going to waste the revenue on schools, roads, hospitals, train lines, telecommunications, ports, and other infrastructure anyway. Not to forget their "look at the welfare wastage!" notes the bottom of your notice of assessment. It is only fair that you stop this from happening by lining your own pockets.
That is true. You might as well try to get what you can or the Government will waste it on some stupid expensive idea anyhow.

Runneth thy gauntlet.....

Flow-Rider

Burner

There may be some level of self delusion towards the capitalist dream. I'm sure there is a Kath and Kim quote to cover it.

As long as it isn't my own lawn.

From what I've experienced, the employer isn't picking the cream of the crop for those roles. Their notion of service is to send out endless piles of emails, keeping me "informed", but charging for the pleasure.

It isn't all doom and gloom though. I've only had one bad lease (and fuck me that was bad!). Otherwise the rent comes in, I hold the lender in balance, the tax benefits aren't as great as you imagine, and I'm hardly out of pocket to put the house in my name. One day it may actually generate an income.
In the 13 years I've had the home, nothing but bad tenants in the last 5, the rental authority lets them get away with almost everything here. I had light fittings vanish and the PM had no records of them, cause you know nobody takes photos of the ceilings and they got let off in the RTA tribunal.

I own outright as well, don't even end up with half the total rent most years after costs.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Americanisation. Apparently poo is not acceptable in polite conversations anymore, but poop seems to be more acceptable. What is wrong with this world if you can't say poo anymore. Poo is much more fun to say.