Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are saying a bit of flame grilling will help or just time fling them
Some people on here, not myself mind you, used to talk a big game around dropping their pads on the BBQ. Metal side down by the way! Cook them until they smoke or something and eventual you will have cooked out the evil. Or so the stories used to go.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not

Not hot enough.
Use clean saucepan on stove, not hot plate.
Clean any contamination off rotors and calipers.

Done right, as good as new.
I'll give the saucepan a shot next time.
I've got a little gas soldering iron that has a blow torch accessory tip, I hold the pad with a set of pliers and heat them up from the backing plate until all the crap bubbles out of them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Breaking news...fuck off Coles! The local version of this retail conglomerate is already pushing Christmas foods. Fuck me!!!

I did indulge in a pack of fruit mince pies though. I also wished the lady on the check out a merry Christmas. She wished me a happy new year in return.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You misspelled ‘contaminated’ maybe.
I think you mis-spelt "glazed". ;)

Resin pads in particular have a tendency to melt if dragged too much and develop a polished. glassy surface when dragged and allowed to get hot. The resulting noise and loss of friction is similar to that from contaminated pads, leading to misdiagnosis. Scrub the pads on sandpaper to remove the glazing. Do not cook them, and more crucially, do not clean the rotors unless you are absolutely certain that there is oil contamination on them. Unnecessarily cleaning the rotors strips off the bedded-in brake pad material, so yo then have to re-bed the brakes in. If you don't do that properly, they'll be just as noisy in a very short time.

GLAZED PADS ARE FAR, FAR MORE COMMON THAN CONTAMINATED ONES. DO NOT TREAT THE WRONG PROBLEM!!!!

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...more on the grocery saga. Coles have it in for me! I just wanted some milk. I'm all for the bagless life, except for using a backpack. The organic free-range chicken I've purchased to roast decided to fill my bag with its beautiful goo. If we were still killing the planet this wouldn't have happened. Also my first Christmas pie made it to halfway before it crumbled and fell to the floor. I can't help but think in their rush to get this shit on the shelves they have also rushed the production. Luckily I have so much Christmas cheer to find out.

Also I didn't see any eggnog. That disappoints as it should be on the shelves all year.

moorey

call me Mia
Or, they could also be contaminated. I run genuine Shimano resin, drag the brakes like a little bitch, and have never glazed a set personally.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
people that say they are interested in viewing your house you have up for sale than decide they're not interested but don't bother letting you know until you text them.

Like come on, is it so hard to just quickly text back and say you're not interested in it any more?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Paying for spanish mackerel and getting grey mackerel. The dodgy fishmonger had a couple of whole Spaniards in the window and steaks of grey in a tray so you couldn't see the skin that were labelled as Spanish.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Arseholes. Also...they aren't to dismiss riders. The wires are to hurt, injure, main, and potentially disable or kill riders.

I rode into a wire fence one time, all my own fault, and even though I wasn't moving very fast it fucking hurt! I also did a flip over the fence. It was quite embarrassing as I was leaving accorded skate park on dusk.