Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@Ultra Lord you're an enabler...like those guys that feed their women to enormous sizes! She will be a vegan in no time, questing for that extra edge.

@Binaural it's best not to have a camera. If you start throwing it down and record yourself, you'll be sorry.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From everything I've read and heard about TT bikes, they are super uncomfortable trying to hold aero positions and put out power. Especially Ironman distances.

As much shit as I give triathlete's they are exceptional athletes. I'd be stuffed with just the 160km ride let alone doing that after a swim. Oh and then there's a full marathon to run after that!

But a CX bike does sound nice. Maybe a gravel bike would be a better bet.

rsclio

Likes Dirt
Pretty much sold on the surly crosscheck...... steel, surly, how can I not? I don’t understand road geo so the cx vs. gravel thing is over my head, aside from “gravel is more comfy, CX is twitchyer”.
I’ll take the twitchy one every time
A few years back my wife did the ride to conquer cancer when a friend asked her.
She started out on her brothers cobbled together R1000 cannondale I went out on my Hardtail for a few rides with her roadies said hello to her ignored me

Soon after the ride it was our 20th wedding anniversary so I bought her a spesh crux as a present.
Naturally then I needed a bike to ride with her so I got a Straggler heavy but fast enough and not tooo roadie much faster to commute on than my mtbs.

Since then wifey has clocked up shitloads of miles on the crux done Buffalo , Lake Mountain, Tawonga gap, Falls Creek and a lot of gravel riding too.
She now gets it my bike purchases now get through a lot easier

This year she got a Spark for her 50th and shes been hitting the mtb trails so its just gets better
- Maybe I should have posted this in LTYL!

slowmick

38-39"
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...ke-in-road-rage-incident-20181030-p50cs4.html

He was convicted and fined $1000 by magistrate Franz Holzer.

Four other charges were struck out including careless driving, unlawful assault, intentionally causing injury and reckless conduct endangering serious injury.

I googled that magistrate - he once refused Rosie Batty an application to the court to limit contact between Luke and his father. Class act.
Seems they are both arsehats. Now everyone has something to be angry about.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tory-shocking-road-rage-video-went-viral.html

I think the lesson in this for all of us is if you are going to be a tool - don't have your facebook full of pictures being a tool and then leave it open to the public...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck that. The article reads as though the driver's behaviour is somehow acceptable because the cyclist keyed his car. I wonder why the cyclist keyed the car? There's no excuse for keying the car either, but it doesn't validate the driver's behaviour.

Binaural

Eats Squid
The context is important but not crucial to the story - at least we know why the driver was angry, anybody would be. Extremely weak sauce indeed as justification for almost running him over, of course.

I note from the article that the rider has since doxxed the driver, which is about the level of forward thinking you'd expect from somebody dumb enough to key a car while the driver is in it. Given he was fortunate to be diverted into a program for a first-time criminal damage conviction if he provided a sincere apology, I suspect that he's about to get a sharp lesson from the courts - judges really don't like to get their rulings mocked. This guy isn't giving the riding community a good name.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah the drivers okay, his mum said he’s cool. History of being a dick, nah it’s sweet mum says he’s fine.

Rider should have to pay to have the car resprayed. Done. Whatever the repurcuasions of the doxing, same same. Fuck that guy for that too.

Did it happen before or after the coart ruling though? If it was after, honestly I’d be pretty fuckin tempted to do the same. Run me over on purpose and get away with just a $1000 fine, fuck you guy. The courts failed.

Turning this into a car V cyclist thing though is divisive and wrong. It’s two people doing the wrong thing.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah, wonder why he keyed the car. I'm tipping it was retaliation for something dumb and/or aggressive the car driver did. His mistake was staying on the road afterwards...

I once dented the bonnet of a new HSV whilst riding along that very same stretch of Inkerman St when I lived in St Kilda back in the 90s! It was a reflex reaction to have the living shit scared out of me, I didn't mean to actually dent it. But I did need to bail onto the side street and down some very narrow back alleys I knew, HSV guy was not amused.

Didn't mean to dent it, and didn't need that agro in my day, but not so sorry i did dent it given the tool had nearly killed me...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm a fan of a solid open handed slap on the offending car or a firm but polite conversation at the lights. The slap isn't likely to leave any damage but does make a good sound. Unless you hit the fuel tank hatch. Then it is wasted.

Haakon

I'm a fan of a solid open handed slap on the offending car or a firm but polite conversation at the lights. The slap isn't likely to leave any damage but does make a good sound. Unless you hit the fuel tank hatch. Then it is wasted.
That was the idea... The adrenaline resulted in it being a firmer whack than I intended!! There was an "uh oh!" as he and I both realised what I'd done to his car and I quickly decided direction was the better part of valour!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think you mean discretion...and certainly true lest you end up in a fist fight or forking out cash for repair. The noble path shall not trouble you.

Haakon

I think you mean discretion...and certainly true lest you end up in a fist fight or forking out cash for repair. The noble path shall not trouble you.
lol, damn autocorrect. Although direction was certainly an element!

Yeah, big burly tatooed dude in the HSV didn't have the demeanor of someone wishing to have a calm discussion about me accidentally denting his bonnet. There was only one way that would have gone, and I really didnt want to be there for it...

Haakon

Fuck me the comments in that daily mail thing are scary... This nation has way too many ignorant aggro rednecks in it.