Little Things You Hate

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
But if they come out and look, they’ll find all the other dodgy shit you’ve done before you get a chance to paint over it.
why would we want to paint over it, then we can't show the fucking miracles we had to perform to make it happen
Engineers, where you can spend $200k to design something that will cost $100k to fix!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I spent 6 hours building this creation to lower a 120 grand, 120 kg projector that was atop a dodgy as fuck pile of wood at eye height, a wood pile that I created inside 1 hour with 1 days notice back in September late on a Friday.

22 lengths of mgp10 90 x 45, my go to for everything. 16mm all thread cut to length. Could have swung 750 kg off it no worries.

Was as sturdy as fuck, but I only intended it to be temporary. The commercial builders built an aluminium platform the next day. “Yeah mate she will be ridged and awesome”

My guys find a 4m x 4m platform with 50mm rise and fall on the decking that’s useless.

Should have made mine permanent.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I spent 6 hours building this creation to lower a 120 grand, 120 kg projector that was atop a dodgy as fuck pile of wood at eye height, a wood pile that I created inside 1 hour with 1 days notice back in September late on a Friday.

22 lengths of mgp10 90 x 45, my go to for everything. 16mm all thread cut to length. Could have swung 750 kg off it no worries.

Was as sturdy as fuck, but I only intended it to be temporary. The commercial builders built an aluminium platform the next day. “Yeah mate she will be ridged and awesome”

My guys find a 4m x 4m platform with 50mm rise and fall on the decking that’s useless.

was this supposed to be a clean room? o_O;)

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers

So that's what happens to all the sticky seat cushions - would hate to run a black light over that pile.

Nice siege engine by the way, was it for screening a LOTR marathon?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
1: Tight-arse Shimano not even throwing in an extra barb for when you need to shorten the brake hose while installing new brakes. Took me twenty minutes to get the cvnt out!

2: Just now realising that if I'd thought of the hair dryer trick earlier (see LTIL), I could have used that! FUCK!!

moorey

call me Mia
1: Tight-arse Shimano not even throwing in an extra barb for when you need to shorten the brake hose while installing new brakes. Took me twenty minutes to get the cvnt out!

2: Just now realising that if I'd thought of the hair dryer trick earlier (see LTIL), I could have used that! FUCK!!
They usually do. Assuming the Olive was there?

bear the bear

Is a real bear

It is was an authorised seller with correct packaging, then there are spare barbs and olives to shorten the lines.
If it's a grey market purchase (only in plastic bags) then probably not.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Latest Star Wars has earned a 57% rating at rotten tomatoes. Disney have fucked the franchise good and proper.
Pretty much the same reviewers gave the last Jedi 91% .. That was one shit movie.. So either this one is actually ok or it’s unwatchable

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've raised it with bike-components.de now, see what happens. Turning into a saga haha.

Guess this is why we own multiple bikes :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've raised it with bike-components.de now, see what happens. Turning into a saga haha.

Guess this is why we own multiple bikes :)
Well at least you didn't get handed an empty box with a hole in it and then every excuse under the sun not to get the item reimbursed from bike 24

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Well at least you didn't get handed an empty box with a hole in it and then every excuse under the sun not to get the item reimbursed from bike 24
yeah, in a way its better its a stuff up before delivery in that regard... I'd probably cry if an empty box turned up!