Little Things You Hate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I can see you handing out how to vote cards on polling day somehow
I would be a natural for that job, but you whole day is gone.

I did end up meeting our local mayor a few years ago and got a photo with him.
I saw his polling people handing out the voting propaganda in the line. I told Mrs 'I'm going to get one of those 'Vote Mayor T-Shirts' that they have.
I would sell them my vote for a free T-Shirt and they resisted this idea at first.

Then I whipped out my gloriuous photo opportunity on the phone of me and Mayor.

The T Shirt is now in wardrobe and great for grass cutting duties. He won too.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Everyone will get 6 bars of 5G anywhere they are.

That's how insidious this tech is.
I have an anti 5G kit ready for people to tackle the low hanging 5G cell box cables, the few I’ve spotted so far in Melbourne have barely been 3 meters up the pole.

Ratcheting tree pruners and some thick rubber gloves.

moorey

call me Mia
Encountered solid stupid in the cafe this morning.
‘Thank goodness this fake covid/corona or whatever you call it is over’.
I inquired why it is fake.
‘do you know anyone who has it or has died from it? See!’ (Her checkmate moment)
I said I hadn’t, but my ICU nurse wife has. I said I believe we are very fortunate living on an island nation that acted reasonably quickly and most Aussies did the right thing.
“she’s been forced to say it exists by the government. We’ve all just been made to isolate so they can control us’
I asked her to elaborate on what that meant.
Of course she couldn’t, other than telling me to do my research. All the same tropes you’d expect.
By this time I realised there was dead silence and the 6 others in the cafe were just watching us. I know the cafe owner is unfortunately on board with her, though he blames 5g for the rona even though he doesn’t think it exists. Go figure.
He makes a sublime hot chocolate though, so I’m not upsetting him :D

moorey

call me Mia
I would have stopped engaging at this point and just focussed on the hot chocolate....
Trust me....I held back 90%. I just wanted her to try to explain her thought process. I have no doubt I’m the topic of her later conversations about how she nailed it and I had no comebacks.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
LTIH: Cane Creeks progressive rate springs only coming in gloss white. Well that just won't do for a matte black bike.

Please hold for a contribution to the fuckwits thread.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Something like that. I have a rattle can of matte black metal paint downstairs anyway, I figure how bad can it be? Anything's better than gloss white.
I've never done it but would Plasti Dip be a better idea than simple spray paint given the inherent movement of the spring?

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I've never done it but would Plasti Dip be a better idea than simple spray paint given the inherent movement of the spring?
The small amount of reading around I did would agree with your assessment, however there seems to also be some anecdotal evidence that spray painting done right isn't as bad as you'd expect & holds up pretty well. As I'm all for cheapskate fixes with what I've got lying around, I proceeded with the rattle can approach. It also means I can save money for more meth so I can match the spring.

If it all goes tits up and starts flaking all over the place, I'll go for a plasti-dip option... maybe. Maybe I'll get the sharpie out. Or just run some heat shrink tubing up it and hit it with a hair dryer ;). It'll be sure to get me an honorable mention in this thread if I ever post photos of it that way.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
If it all goes tits up and starts flaking all over the place, I'll go for a plasti-dip option... maybe. Maybe I'll get the sharpie out. Or just run some heat shrink tubing up it and hit it with a hair dryer ;). It'll be sure to get me an honorable mention in this thread if I ever post photos of it that way.
Get yourself some Techflex instead!

Even comes in carbon fibre...

https://www.techflex.com.au/uploads/images/.thumbs/prod_CA_banner_47e6c9.jpg