Little Things You Hate

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
#2 son comes back last weekend with a relatively fresh DHRII sliced up the sidewall... destroyed. That was his second tyre in 3 weeks, the one 2 weeks back was nearly needing replaced anyway.

Today... he was originally coming for a MTB loop with me and he gets a late call from his mates, I told him to go with them if he wanted.

"Can I ride the Nukeproof, we are only going to the jump park"... I was like "mate you have smashed 2 tyres in 3 weeks, those tyres on the Nukkie were $80 each, brand new and I cant get anymore, so no dickhead downhill runs..."

40mm tear from the bead right into the tread, ran over a broken bottle apparently :mad:
New son time.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
#2 son comes back last weekend with a relatively fresh DHRII sliced up the sidewall... destroyed. That was his second tyre in 3 weeks, the one 2 weeks back was nearly needing replaced anyway.

Today... he was originally coming for a MTB loop with me and he gets a late call from his mates, I told him to go with them if he wanted.

"Can I ride the Nukeproof, we are only going to the jump park"... I was like "mate you have smashed 2 tyres in 3 weeks, those tyres on the Nukkie were $80 each, brand new and I cant get anymore, so no dickhead downhill runs..."

40mm tear from the bead right into the tread, ran over a broken bottle apparently :mad:
There’s a reason Felix runs DD casing for daily use...or did till he continuously cut them. Been running Wild Enduro for a while. Finally managed to put a small cut in one of those this weekend at the AM race.

In his defence, it’s full of hideous sharp rocks.

In its defence, it was small enough to seal up quickly and ride for another 9 hours.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Who, or rather what were thinking might be seduced by that mess?
Many a she poodle!

Must have a million followers on Instagram by now.
Aim higher! Just locked off my new can life series.
You definitely need a shave, hack that shit off...
I actually did shave these pillars (many) a few years ago. I was involved in a fund raiser for a charity that sends girls to school in Africa. I looked a treat...lady friend at the one was not impressed.

moorey

call me Mia
His enduro bike is sitting there with a flat rear, my HT now has no tyre at all... he's out of options.

We'll be dipping into his bank account for a DD from MTBD or he'll be walking around the Fat Tyre Festival in 2 weeks.

Now I'm laughing :p:p:p
29 or 27.5?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Might even bill him for the Michelin Wild AM2 he just fckd doing freeride shit through an old quarry where people light fires, drink and break beer bottles.
In his defence, Wild AMs have piss week sidewalls.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
He has no defence ;)

27.5, we have a few new (non-DD) ones here but he's not getting anymore. He'll buy his own DD and wait for it.
Yep, wild AM are pretty average. Came on Quinn’s ebike. No fan at all.
27.5, you might find one if you’re quick.
Highly recommend one over a DD minion. Tougher, no real weight penalty, rolls as well as a DHR2, and grips better....and this coming from a minion fanboi. The GumX wears pretty quickly, but I reckon no worse than DD.
Cheaper too, if they are still available at my usual haunts.

Jpez

Down on the left!
What is it with NZ not selling out of their country?
2 little random shops have stuff I need. Stuff I can’t find anywhere else and apparently they haven’t heard of international shipping.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
2 little random shops have stuff I need. Stuff I can’t find anywhere else and apparently they haven’t heard of international shipping.
It is New Zealand...you have 2 options for why this is so:
  • it's still the 1980s
  • they think the covid travel restrictions apply to parcels.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Don't mean to rub it in, but I've have zero problem buying from NZ... Postage is a little slow, but the sending part wasn't an issue. Maybe it's just you?? :p

Jpez

Down on the left!
Don't mean to rub it in, but I've have zero problem buying from NZ... Postage is a little slow, but the sending part wasn't an issue. Maybe it's just you?? :p
Oh I’m sure it’s me!
dunno mate. Pretty obscure part. Google threw up 2 options (probably tiny local shops that don’t normally get much on line action except it’s now Covid times and people are hunting the world over for hard to get parts) and neither ship OS.
I did buy a single bolt for something unrelated a month or so ago from NZ and whilst they didn’t explicitly not ship OS the whole experience seemed to freak them out a bit like it was unusual and something that hadn’t happened to them before. But yes. I’m sure it’s just me. :)