Little Things You Hate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
'You Americans and your crazy Fathers Day dates! To all the dads out there, have a good one'

7 day full FB ban for breaching community standards with hate speech.....many lols....other than I need FB for committee discussions leading up to the race this weekend. DOH!
Geez, you really have to reel in the hate speech. I bet the word 'crazy' tipped it over the end. Doh!

moorey

call me Mia
@moorey there is a solution to this: if you stop trying to use Facebook your issues with Facebook will drastically reduce. I have conclusive proof that avoiding Facebook also stops you getting banned from Facebook. If you must use Facebook, speak in its language. Avoid complete words, grammar, spelling, patience, manners and friendliness. Respond to all correspondence with threats, but by misspelling everything and getting random with apostrophes the algorithms won't pick it up.
Hmmmmmm......but what is OTHERS misspell something or use poor grammar? Who will shame them if not me?

It's OK though. I can formally appeal my 7 day ban. They only address a small number of appeals and it will take 9 weeks to know if they are going to hear it. Mad not to.

I'm using it less and less these days, so won't miss it. Trader groups are full of scammers and flogs.
It's the only way I have to communicate with some people in my life, and I kinda need it for ClubMud committee stuff, otherwise, meh.

moorey

call me Mia
Once banned, your placed on a watch list, and held to higher standards, whatever the fuck they may be. fuck zuck.
*You're.. (that was for Asenine, I suspect?)

Yeah, I know, and conscious of it......I just don't get the rationale for this one. Last 2 times, they've reviewed and acknowledged the comment wasn't an issue and reinstated id, but the 7 day ban remains and you can't do anything about it. Trump and I are like twins.

moorey

call me Mia
I just buy here or eBay/online. Don't seem to miss out not being on FB.

FB isn't worth it - ever.
You have no idea what you're missing out on then, Mr Laaa deee daaa millionaire buying new ;)

For WTB's, it's the only real option most of the time now.....you just have to trawl through the 5567784 messages offering something you don't want for 6x the price you're offering. What's not to love?

Minlak

custom titis
I'm on a private page for one of my Favourite podcasts. It's an american podcast. It's fathers day there, so I commented in a thread:

'You Americans and your crazy Fathers Day dates! To all the dads out there, have a good one'
A little too gender specific there champ - I hope they cancel your ass.

Sooooo if someone has a "Vendetta" against you they only have to lodge the complaint for you to get a ban. its all automated until you appeal. you are guilty until proven innocent by you yourself saying ummm hey I am innocent.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
A little too gender specific there champ - I hope they cancel your ass.

Sooooo if someone has a "Vendetta" against you theyonly have to lodge the complaint for you to get a ban. its all automated until you appeal. you are guilty until proven innocent by you yourself saying ummm hey I am innocent.
No appeal available. That’s just how they roll. You have to be genuinely hateful to be able to post it seems.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Covid bike supply issues.

Order 2 Norco FS bikes late October from the local 99bikes because they were crazy enough to offer a sizable discount in covid times (they have since realised their mistake and removed most of the discount, but order is placed, deposit paid and thus price locked in.)

One was due late Nov, just in time for December trip to Derby/Maydena. Arrived while we're in Tassie. :rolleyes: Oh well, we have other MTBs.

Second bike is due late May. Call them late April to check, get told it's now late July and I'm not suprised. Get a call today, they've been checking their orders and thought I should know it's now due to land early November, more than a year after ordering. Do I still want it, or would I like a refund? I'll keep that order thanks. Even if I didn't want it, such hard to obtain bikes must be worth a fortune now!

Things are now so very different to my first MTB purchase in Sept 2003: Walk into bike shop, ask "Will you give me a discount if I pre-order an 2004 NRS2 now?" - I'm imagining 10% off and a few weeks wait. Sales guy says "there's one just arrived, you can have 20% off if you keep it quiet from the Giant rep standing over there." Ride home on new bike, drive back to store a couple of days later to collect old bike.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
But the latest 7 day ban, I have to LOL.
It's time for a second account... or 3rd.

I have a N Irish mate who lives in Sydney, he has just opened his 3rd account. Both original and alternative ban account both being scrutinised and serving bans for a bit of friendly banter.

stirk

Burner
The proliferation of scammers ringing up and pretending to help you with something while trying to actually fleece you.
They're shameless, and bloody convincing at times, and I can see how they get so many people.
They almost got me today claiming that our 30 day free Amazon trial test had been cancelled had actually been accidental charging us for the last few months and she’d help me cancel it and arrange a refund on the $60ish we were owed back. Couldn’t be done by the Amazon site of course, only she could help over the phone.
I played along to see where she was going with it until she tried to direct me to download an app that would let her access my phone and the Amazon account settings. Lol. Right.
I said I that she sounded like a scammer….click, she hung up.

Used to get these sorts of calls/texts/emails very rarely, I’d it just me or are the really regular, and more elaborate lately?
Were you a little tipsy when you wrote this last sentence?

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
No appeal available. That’s just how they roll. You have to be genuinely hateful to be able to post it seems.
Oh how the times have changed. I was working in NYC in 2001 and was sat at my desk one morning when I saw this huge building drop to the floor after this plane had misguidedly tried to land on/in it. You have to remember, we weren't watching the news, we were working, so didn't really know what was going on. Anyhoo, the kiwi guy I was sharing the office with and I decided it might be fun to send an email to some random dude about a week later with only the words...bomb, explosion, plane, terrorist, Bin Laden, conspiracy and death. We obviously used one of the flakes from Finance's computer, who had fled for Canada by this time and sat back to wait to be stormed by the FBI. Nothing...Not a thing...Where was the due dilligence then I ask you???

moorey

call me Mia
Oh how the times have changed. I was working in NYC in 2001 and was sat at my desk one morning when I saw this huge building drop to the floor after this plane had misguidedly tried to land on/in it. You have to remember, we weren't watching the news, we were working, so didn't really know what was going on. Anyhoo, the kiwi guy I was sharing the office with and I decided it might be fun to send an email to some random dude about a week later with only the words...bomb, explosion, plane, terrorist, Bin Laden, conspiracy and death. We obviously used one of the flakes from Finance's computer, who had fled for Canada by this time and sat back to wait to be stormed by the FBI. Nothing...Not a thing...Where was the due dilligence then I ask you???
Yeah, but you didn’t say ‘crazy’ and ‘Americans’ in the same sentence. Soft cone.