Little Things You Hate

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ask a supplier if there's any place i can try their sim seats in store. Sure you can come into out surry hills head office.

TIL there's a surrey hills in melbourne as well as surry hills in sydney.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck me I can procrastinate! Wasn't working tomorrow, got an afternoon call asking if I can start at 6am? I wouldn't mind the money (custom snowboard dreams) so I guess so. Then I am supposed to send an invoice today to a fellow who wants to bring his sons to Japan for a week. Well rather than do the smart thing and get onto that then have an early night I decide to fuck around cleaning the kitchen, then make a mess cooking dulce de leche, them do dulce de leche + banana meringues...which I of course try and photograph to show all you people but the photos look shitter than usual so I finally get the laptop out and fuck me I need to charge it.

Well invoice is done now and I'll have about 5 hours sleep before work because here I am procrastinating about going to sleep!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Fuck me I can procrastinate! Wasn't working tomorrow, got an afternoon call asking if I can start at 6am? I wouldn't mind the money (custom snowboard dreams) so I guess so. Then I am supposed to send an invoice today to a fellow who wants to bring his sons to Japan for a week. Well rather than do the smart thing and get onto that then have an early night I decide to fuck around cleaning the kitchen, then make a mess cooking dulce de leche, them do dulce de leche + banana meringues...which I of course try and photograph to show all you people but the photos look shitter than usual so I finally get the laptop out and fuck me I need to charge it.

Well invoice is done now and I'll have about 5 hours sleep before work because here I am procrastinating about going to sleep!
The benefit of procrastination is that you have nothing to do today and something to do tomorrow.

cammas

Seamstress
I decided to send them a tongue in cheek message about it and turns out they use a 3rd party now which is highly automated, anyway here’s their response.

Bars are quite a difficult item to send, as they are really light, but a lot wider than most standard boxes.
We do actually have a smaller, custom sized box that is designed specifically to carry bars, but is only big enough for the bars.
We use a 3rd party company for all of our warehousing operations. It’s a highly automated setup that will select the size of the box required depending on what items are in the order and the dimensions associated with those products. The box is picked and labelled before the physical size of the order is even seen.
More often than not, such a combination will get split. The bars will get shipped in the handler bar box, and the grips would go into a post satchel.
Sometimes, we end up with orders, like yours, getting popped into a larger than necessary box.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I decided to send them a tongue in cheek message about it and turns out they use a 3rd party now which is highly automated, anyway here’s their response.

Bars are quite a difficult item to send, as they are really light, but a lot wider than most standard boxes.
We do actually have a smaller, custom sized box that is designed specifically to carry bars, but is only big enough for the bars.
We use a 3rd party company for all of our warehousing operations. It’s a highly automated setup that will select the size of the box required depending on what items are in the order and the dimensions associated with those products. The box is picked and labelled before the physical size of the order is even seen.
More often than not, such a combination will get split. The bars will get shipped in the handler bar box, and the grips would go into a post satchel.
Sometimes, we end up with orders, like yours, getting popped into a larger than necessary box.
I think they've used a third party warehouse for quite a while, they just didn't tell us. I expect the warehouse has a number of clients they store, pick and pack for. So they probably have set carton sizes to keep costs down and streamline the picking and packing.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I think they've used a third party warehouse for quite a while, they just didn't tell us. I expect the warehouse has a number of clients they store, pick and pack for. So they probably have set carton sizes to keep costs down and streamline the picking and packing.
They definitely do, I've been to the warehouse as it's only 10mins away, to attempt to do a return, but they would not accept it. So I had to use Auspost and have it do a round-trip of Melbourne before they got it back.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I work with cubing algorithms. For books it mostly works pretty accurately but you get outlier shapes like posters and it becomes a pain. Making two cartons or two completely separate shipments costs more, getting a massively oversized box might sound silly but is often the most effective way. Last thing you want is a packing plan that requires items to go in a certain order and orientation and the picker spends too long on it and ends up scanning a 2nd box in anyway

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
P0090 - Fuel pressure regulator 1 control circuit
C12102_R/H/R wheel speed sensor invalid.
Has this thing been aftermarket-tuned, or is it just a lemon? Weird to have so many codes so early in a vehicle's life...