Little Things You Hate

slowmick

38-39"
Good lady slipped cleaning her favourite water caraffe. Not only did it break but it also punched a hole in the ceramic sink.

No problems - it's an ikea sink - I'll get up in the morning and get whatever the new version is. Nope, the sink was discontinued in 2017 and there is no direct replacement. Lot of cross people on the internet though. Not the start to 2024 i hoped for.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Good lady slipped cleaning her favourite water caraffe. Not only did it break but it also punched a hole in the ceramic sink.

No problems - it's an ikea sink - I'll get up in the morning and get whatever the new version is. Nope, the sink was discontinued in 2017 and there is no direct replacement. Lot of cross people on the internet though. Not the start to 2024 i hoped for.
415833678_763177709161267_964983871650859829_n.jpg

dazz

Downhill Dazz
From about this distance it looks OK. There will be no close up pics. Considering the number of hours gone into this 'quick' coat of paint, this is going well and truly into the failure category.
Have I learnt something from it??? Probably not...
1000002305.jpg

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
From about this distance it looks OK. There will be no close up pics. Considering the number of hours gone into this 'quick' coat of paint, this is going well and truly into the failure category.
Have I learnt something from it??? Probably not...
View attachment 405866
How's it looking after that storm we just had?

It looks great to me. Shall I post a pic of the peeling paint on my shed? I CBF fixing it, painting sucks.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just remember it isn't fine furniture @dazz . In short time it will be regularly peppered with projectiles from the whipper snipper and have bits of grass stuck to it. You also won't be two phased when you kick it closed while your hands are full.
First power station project I worked on the client's representative raised a defect notice on the generator paint. No detail just paint finish is unacceptable. 500 tonne generator outer casing. Not a small thing you can send out for a touch up. At the meeting the guy said "I expected a piano finish and would have accepted a Rolls Royce automotive finish but you have supplied a Holden automotive finish." The specification listed colour, tick, number of coats and minimum thickness, tick. Finish to be continuous without dust, runs or visible defects, check. Dickhead, tick. We decided after that to reject any defect notice he wrote that had grammatical or spelling mistakes. We didn't accept many defect notices.

Can someone please ask about the drain sump?

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
shopping for beds.... fk me....

At least with bikes you can compare components directly.. beds seem like all smoke and mirrors and used car salespeople...
Like if Shimano had a different name for same level derailleurs for each bike brand (like.. Balmoodle, Meringue, Ewok or some other stupid names), and also slightly customised each one with like black/silver bolts/springs, or a dimple here or there.....

Worse than the bike industry, everything is permanently half-price... and/or the RRP is always super-inflated so the discount looks better (like JBhifi on steroids)..

frustrating :p