Little Things You Hate

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
Who is this?!?!

wire beaded tyres. just pinched two brand new tubes trying to get the fuckers on after doing a mission & a half to drill out the rim, get the tubes, find a tyre lever...

UGH. so much rage & frustration right now.

DOWNHILLPHILL

Likes Dirt
How bike shops never fix all the "fidily" things on your bike, like a missing washer for my brake lever or the rear disc rubbing on the brake pad, or a bash ring rubbing against my retention system, or when the tension on each brake lever is different or when thier are cables that obviously need to be zip - tied that are just not zip - tied.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How bike shops never fix all the "fidily" things on your bike, like a missing washer for my brake lever or the rear disc rubbing on the brake pad, or a bash ring rubbing against my retention system, or when the tension on each brake lever is different or when thier are cables that obviously need to be zip - tied that are just not zip - tied.
Get a better bike shop.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get a better bike shop.
+1 - I put my bike into the LBS the other day for a brake bleed and said "just give it a once over while it's here". They did all sorts of extra stuff like tightening pivots and checked the drivetrain out for me.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I say theres no greater feeling than working on your own bike, or anything for that matter. Why you'd go to a bike shop for mech work is a little beyond me. Its all pretty simple stuff you just need to have the courage and give it a go. :)

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Drunken stupidity. Tried to hood slide my mate's late model Dodge like a 70s detective.

Looks like a couple of hundred bucks from the panelbeaters and some new paint :(

Lorday

Eats Squid
Drunken stupidity. Tried to hood slide my mate's late model Dodge like a 70s detective.

Looks like a couple of hundred bucks from the panelbeaters and some new paint :(
We do this all the time, but with my mates shitty lazer. So good.
Come near my more slide-y freshly waxed golfs bonnet and your dead.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Multiple choice exams that are ambiguous and highly confusing.

Multiple choice in general...

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Multiple choice exams that are ambiguous and highly confusing.

Multiple choice in general...
I hate multiple choice.
When I was applying for jobs I went for one at super cheap auto and they had questions like:

How would you describe yourself -

a) Punctual
b) Honest
c) Courteous
d) Helpful
e) Creative

WTF? I know they want me to be on time, and problem solve and help customers whilst not spinning shit.... So which one do I put? Stupid.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Self-stupidity.

My scissor jack collapsed today as I was putting jack stands under my car, caught my hand. Got a nice wee break + cut to show off now. Good excuse as any to buy a hydraulic jack I guess!

Also, typing one handed is a bitch. Especially capitalising letters.