Little Things You Hate

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wait until you have to use a knife and fork with a busted hand!, i couldnt cut my own meat for 2 weeks after i crushed my thumb!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bikes breaking at the worst possible time. My shock has decided not to hold air anymore.

On the plus side my bike still climbed like a mountain goat with 50% sag.

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
Self-stupidity.

My scissor jack collapsed today as I was putting jack stands under my car, caught my hand. Got a nice wee break + cut to show off now. Good excuse as any to buy a hydraulic jack I guess!

Also, typing one handed is a bitch. Especially capitalising letters.
think yourself lucky it didn't let go with you under it.

jacks letting go scares the shit out of me.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
think yourself lucky it didn't let go with you under it.

jacks letting go scares the shit out of me.
We have this metal milk crate type thing sitting round home, Whenever the car is up on jacks it always finds it's way under there as well..

LTYH: Car ramps, Bit safer than jacks, But really prefer to have two people to get the car up on.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i wouldnt even get under a car unless it was on steel support rods as well as jacks, cost about $100 from repco and the like from memory. Hydraulic jacks are really no better failing wise, they will develop slow leaks, sure it wont fall and crush you, it will just slowly squeeze your till you explode :p

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Why can't manufacturers put a small marking on the rear of steerer tubes to make it easy to line the stem up!
I presume because the process is automated and the steerer tubes are on a line and jump around and to positively line up the steerer tube "marking" with the crown would take a lot more processes in the manufacturing process. Also, steerer tubes get cut and not all stems clamp from the same way = hard to line up

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
Why you would even consider getting under a car supported solely by a jack is beyond me..
hurr durr super unlikely blah blah won't happen to me...

saw a poster in a workshop once - apparently 2 mechanics are killed by it every year.

hayden olsen

Likes Bikes
that teachers are constantly shitting on about how their just trying to prepare us ! for what ? death ??

babies get prepared for pre-school, pre-school is preparation for primary school, primary school is preparation for high school, high school is preparation for uni, uni for the real world, then the really worlds preparation for retirement then what ?? we just die.......there is no happy ending after all that "preparing"

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
that teachers are constantly shitting on about how their just trying to prepare us ! for what ? death ??

babies get prepared for pre-school, pre-school is preparation for primary school, primary school is preparation for high school, high school is preparation for uni, uni for the real world, then the really worlds preparation for retirement then what ?? we just die.......there is no happy ending after all that "preparing"
No, you go to heaven and live happily ever after. Try dropping out of school, see how well that turns out. After tossing the 20th burger of the day you'll really wish you had that preparation.

rone

Eats Squid

If you're not ready for the real world until after university then you're a bit screwed.:rolleyes:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
if you think uni's goin to prepare you for the real world your a bit fucked.............
i was married to a teacher. emphasis on *was*. go to school, got to uni, go back to school = no idea about how to live life in the real world.

12 weeks off a year and a $75k paycheck. and whinge about how hard your job is.