Little Things You Hate

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forking out $350 for textbooks for next session. I do three sessions a year. That's a over a grand in textbooks a year...

Getting slugged with a $350 'excess data allowance' fee when my phone provider didn't feel the need to tell me it was over. There goes my textbooks for next term.

Having a phone that constantly runs browser, facebook, email and maps in the background (downloading shit all the time.)

Being a poor uni student.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Being marked down for "exceeding word limit" when you are 2 words under on a 2000 word essay. Nice try dipshit.

Studying for exams and being fucked by the pysch department a second time running-marked down again for "excess detail". We didn't get the first set of assessment back before the second set was due, so we couldn't learn from our mistakes. This simply encourages me not to study for the psych exam, walk in then write some bland crap as apparently having content in answers is unnecessary.

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having a phone that constantly runs browser, facebook, email and maps in the background (downloading shit all the time.)
What phone? If it's Nokia/Android (probably all phones) you can easily turn all that off or get programs that shut it off for you. Extra data allowance is a very worthy upgrade! I'd call your provider up now and get it. $10-$20 extra a month is better then $100+ extra a month

LTYH: People at work that have split personalities. Although today I had the upperhand and proverbially bitch slapped them when they tried to do a dirty on my work ethic.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What phone? If it's Nokia/Android (probably all phones) you can easily turn all that off or get programs that shut it off for you. Extra data allowance is a very worthy upgrade! I'd call your provider up now and get it. $10-$20 extra a month is better then $100+ extra a month
Android, I run a task killer also but the minute I plug it in to charge it BOOM it's running 20 apps.

Being a poor uni student.
I finally went on a plan the other day. By the next morning, I had gotten a text telling me that I had used 80% out of 1.5gig. I didn't even intentionally download anything.

And being a poor uni student is the worst. I did however just learn that meat in the freezer will generally be good for about a year; so I can actually eat something good for tea tonight.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I finally went on a plan the other day. By the next morning, I had gotten a text telling me that I had used 80% out of 1.5gig. I didn't even intentionally download anything.
I never even got that warning text. Hence, why I am pissed.

And being a poor uni student is the worst. I did however just learn that meat in the freezer will generally be good for about a year; so I can actually eat something good for tea tonight.
That and fresh vegies are your friend! I have mates who live off rice and mi goreng... when's it's $1.25 for an entire broccoli! I can fill a bag of vegies at my local fruit market for $15...

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
That and fresh vegies are your friend! I have mates who live off rice and mi goreng... when's it's $1.25 for an entire broccoli! I can fill a bag of vegies at my local fruit market for $15...
Absolutely! If you buy what's in season you get so much for so little, and its good for you. The moment I put more than a few packaged items of food into my basket, I know it'll send me over my budget. I look at it as packaged items are treats, but fruit and vege and raw or essential ingredients are the important things.

Buy stuff that doubles as storage containers instead of going out and buying separate storage containers.

Yeah, buy bulk, make a lot and freeze it in yoghurt containers for later.

Rolled oats are awesome for brekkie… porridge in winter and muesli in summer. After 2-3 weeks I'm halfway through a 750g bag of oats that cost something like $1 for the bag.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rolled oats are awesome for brekkie… porridge in winter and muesli in summer. After 2-3 weeks I'm halfway through a 750g bag of oats that cost something like $1 for the bag.
Oh, how I look forward to my 1 cup of oats in the morning! Drizzled with some honey and you're full for most of the day.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have porridge everyday, I've only not had it two morning this year.. Although I doesn't fill me up much, I'm always hungry 2 hours later..

Staunch

Eats Squid
Renovating.

I have no kitchen, therefore no food. I also just spent pretty much everything I had on new wheels, so have very little left to feed myself during the day with no parents. Looks like it's going to be mi goreng for a while, ahah

0psi

Eats Squid
Renovating.

I have no kitchen, therefore no food. I also just spent pretty much everything I had on new wheels, so have very little left to feed myself during the day with no parents. Looks like it's going to be mi goreng for a while, ahah
bolognese brother, tin of tomatoes, pack of pasta and some mince, should cost you less than $10 bucks and you'll get a few meals out of it. If you have no source of fire you can cook it in the microwave if you get creative, had to do that once when I was renovating :)

If you have a working stove and oven you can always do a cottage pie, bit of mince, some worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and potatoes plus whatever herbs and spices you have in the cupboard. Costs about $15 and me and the missus usually get 2 pretty big meals out of it and as a bonus it's possibly the greatest winter food there is.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Only have a mircowave left, guess I could try it in that, cheers man.

Waiting for parts in the mail, only to come home and be disappointed they haven't arrived yet, aha

0psi

Eats Squid
Google microwave recipes and try to find the ones with mince as you can usually pick it up pretty cheap and it's a hell of a lot more filling and nutritious than Mi Goreng noodles and it's only a couple of bucks more expensive.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
not going to help you right now, but go to your local discount store when you next have $40 to spare and buy a slow cooker. gravy beef and lamb shanks are cheap as, throw in a few spuds and other veg and you've got 4 litres of tasty, nutritious stew for under $10 too.

survival cooking - i love it :)

0psi

Eats Squid
LTYH- Most of your 'friends' alienating you because they think you've changed. Nope, I haven't changed, I've grown up and realised there's more to life than getting shitfaced every weekend.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTYH- Most of your 'friends' alienating you because they think you've changed. Nope, I haven't changed, I've grown up and realised there's more to life than getting shitfaced every weekend.
+1!

Biggest difference I noticed when I moved out of home. There were levels of maturity between everyone that varied according to whether they were living in their parents house, working part time, going to uni or had moved out and studying/working full time. Even now, 2 years on, I've got some friends that are still with their parents and their outlook on life is almost pitiful. Binging 3 days a week, in continuous debt and maintaining a sense of humour that is befitting of a child.

Don't worry Opsi, either they'll grow up, or you'll find better friends.

shakes

Likes Dirt
Been trying to train my missus to rinse her plate and stack it on the sink after eating...

Just found it on the other side of the kitchen with food on it still. grrrr

scblack

Leucocholic
Been trying to train my missus to rinse her plate and stack it on the sink after eating...

Just found it on the other side of the kitchen with food on it still. grrrr
hahaha, I am 41yo married for 13 years and my wife is still trying to get me to do this one.:)

0psi

Eats Squid
either they'll grow up, or you'll find better friends.
I'm leaning towards the latter. I'm knocking on the door of being 30 and I'm one of the youngest in the group. I like a good piss up as much as the next person, I just no longer see the need to write myself off once or twice a week, I have better things to do with my life.

Here's a great example of the sort of crap my supposed friends pull these days. We tried to organise a weekend away to the Wombeyan caves, leave Saturday morning come back Sunday night, normal people do this occasionally, yes?
Nope, half the circle of friends decided they wanted to leave Friday night (after work), drive the 3.5hrs out there and then come back Saturday night. That roughly translates to "we want to hit the piss on Saturday night and write ourselves off and have Sunday to recover." FFS, it's one weekend to experience something really cool and maybe spend some quality time with the people you care about.

Rant over.

0psi

Eats Squid
Bwahahaha!!!! I've been barking up that tree for years. Honey you're going from the lounge to the kitchen anyway how about taking your tea cups with you? :p Even when she does that the random piece of crockery usually ends up on the counter, Honey it takes 2 seconds more to put it straight into the dishwasher. *Bangs head against wall*