Little Things You Hate

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I put it off for 2 years, because I felt like I would definitely be left completely wanting, but I finally decided to listen to U2's 2009 album 'No Line on the Horizon'. Oh what I would give to un-hear that train wreck! Apart from maybe 2 songs which are more instrumental than lyrical, thank god, the rest is unbearable. Joshua Tree remains the peak before a big slippery slope down ever since.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I put it off for 2 years, because I felt like I would definitely be left completely wanting, but I finally decided to listen to U2's 2009 album 'No Line on the Horizon'. Oh what I would give to un-hear that train wreck! Apart from maybe 2 songs which are more instrumental than lyrical, thank god, the rest is unbearable. Joshua Tree remains the peak before a big slippery slope down ever since.
I'm a big fan of U2, and for some reason I have never bothered to listen to that album, after hearing 'get on your boots' I wasn't inspired to go listen to the rest

Norco Maniac

Is back!
If anybody can prove to me that homeopathy works I will happily change my opinion, but until then I see it as a pseudo-science that puts people at serious risk by encouraging people to not use proven medicinal methods.
i'll PM you so as not to hijack the thread further than i have :D

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I'll hear nothing said against 'Achtung Baby!' although I think I've made my feelings on Mr Hewson fairly clear in the past ;)

S.

ex offender
i'll PM you so as not to hijack the thread further than i have :D
It's a thread dedicated entirely to whingeing, pretty hard to hijack that.

Homeopathy isn't a joke, or a pseudo-science - it's a scam. It's one of those things that is so monumentally and utterly retarded that even discussing it at all gives it more credit than it is due. The principles upon which it is based are obviously and demonstrably false, the practitioners are well aware of this and continue to fraudulently sell people DILUTED WATER as a placebo cure for absolutely everything. It deserves nothing more than the most scornful derision. Scientology is more plausible than homeopathy. Seriously, that shit should be illegal.

LTIreallyf**kingH: homeopathy.

Homeopathy isn't a joke, or a pseudo-science - it's a scam. It's one of those things that is so monumentally and utterly retarded that even discussing it at all gives it more credit than it is due. The principles upon which it is based are obviously and demonstrably false, the practitioners are well aware of this and continue to fraudulently sell people DILUTED WATER as a placebo cure for absolutely everything. It deserves nothing more than the most scornful derision. Scientology is more plausible than homeopathy. Seriously, that shit should be illegal.

Ha! Nice work.

LTIH: The wait between ordering a new car and getting it.

bardynt

Back in his day.....
thinking that you have decided on certain brand of bike and wheelsize

then today test riding 8 different bikes 26 and 29ers bikes

then more confused as ever about which bike to get

then also finding a lot of expensive bike with shit house brakes

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

Hear, hear.

Just because medical science doesn't always get it right is no excuse to think that magic potions with absolutely no credible scientific basis are going to do a better job. There are people who have died because they've been told to use these fake magic potions to treat life-threatening conditions, rather than actual medicine.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Homeopathy is flat out stupid. It's a direct affront to science, technology and the overall betterment of mankind and society.

Anyone who believes in that bullshit should be ejected from society and made to live in a cave without any of the benefits resulting from the progress of science and technology in the last two hundred years.

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2011/09/09/homeopathic-leak-threatens-catastrophe/

And while we're ranting, chiropractics isn't far behind. Sure, some people get transient benefits for some back pains and such, but it's never been proven to be any more beneficial than placebo or sham manipulations.

And when those quacks start talking about being able to cure asthma, hay fever and period pains my blood boils.