Little Things You Hate

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Dropping my phone and busting a screen. First time I've ever actually broken a screen, and it had to happen now, I was hoping to wait just a couple more weeks to buy a new one damnit, now its gone and fucked with my plans.
I've owned 2 smart phones in the past 3 years and broke the screens on both and never dropped either of them. 1st one broke because i had to leave it on the ground and someone ran over it with a wheelchair and the second in a crash while it was in my camelbak.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I've owned 2 smart phones in the past 3 years and broke the screens on both and never dropped either of them. 1st one broke because i had to leave it on the ground and someone ran over it with a wheelchair and the second in a crash while it was in my camelbak.
Ouch. I've killed 2 digitisers on this one previously, but never broken the glass itself. I was hoping to hold out a few weeks and see if the new HTC has the price drop that I'm hoping for, but if I can't live with the broken glass I may just have to settle for something cheaper.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
bought a new wheelset and the hubs are nowhere near as noisy as my mavics. :(

i loved flying past pedestrians like a pack of angry bees... now i sound like a pack of homosexual bees.

Dropping my phone and busting a screen. First time I've ever actually broken a screen, and it had to happen now, I was hoping to wait just a couple more weeks to buy a new one damnit, now its gone and fucked with my plans.
i shattered my iphone 4 screen taping it with a mount franklin water bottle lid...
however my girlfriend suggests the prevous 12 months of throwing it around probably weakened it :lol:

moorey

call me Mia
bought a new wheelset and the hubs are nowhere near as noisy as my mavics. :(

i loved flying past pedestrians like a pack of angry bees... now i sound like a pack of homosexual bees.
Just got my new hope hoops on, and they are 1/3 the volume of my old faithful hopes, and a dull tick, rather than the sharp click.
OK, I service my old hopes with very light grease, and very little of it, but my new ones are much quieter than mates new ones.
I am such a poseur, turning up my nose at quiet hubs...I have become that which I dispise:smow:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Just got my new hope hoops on, and they are 1/3 the volume of my old faithful hopes, and a dull tick, rather than the sharp click.
OK, I service my old hopes with very light grease, and very little of it, but my new ones are much quieter than mates new ones.
I am such a poseur, turning up my nose at quiet hubs...I have become that which I dispise:smow:
More 1st World problems! Have you tried a library card pegged to the seat stays into the spokes? :drama:

moorey

call me Mia
More 1st World problems! Have you tried a library card pegged to the seat stays into the spokes? :drama:
Might have to, I feel like such a noob with a quiet hub. I can also hear all the creaks, groans and chain slap now...woe is me :pound:

moorey

call me Mia
You mean that's the bike? That's a relief, always thought it was me, as I hear very similar sound getting out of bed in the mornings. :crutch:
LTIH. Mornings..especially the fact that thats really the only time I can ride oter than the daily commute...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
When the brake internals kit you ordered from overseas arrives before the bleed port screw that some dick eater is sending from less than 100km down the road. :boink:

moorey

call me Mia
When the brake internals kit you ordered from overseas arrives before the bleed port screw that some dick eater is sending from less than 100km down the road. :boink:
Eat a dick....I'm going to wait at your letter box in the morning and snaffle it back....:washing:

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
The freewheel hub you had on your norco sounded like you were being chased by a chainsaw!

Bermshot

Banned
Fucking mating call day, blokes out with their tools banging the shit out corrugated iron and god knows what else at 8 in the morning. It's the day of rest you unts!

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Big things I hate is people not concentrating which deliver nasty outcomes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18&feature=player_embedded
Actually he was paying attention but did the dumb thing and target fixated.

But cyclists must be mind numbingly stupid to be riding that road. .. The amount of motorbikes and cars that hit that section hard and often crashing... if I were a road cyclist I would be staying a long way away from there unless I was suicidal

Matt H

Eats Squid
Big things I hate is people not concentrating which deliver nasty outcomes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18&feature=player_embedded
From reading the description it seems that the crash was more the result of him clipping his foot and going wide in the turn, rather than just inattentiveness.

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt in that crash. Because otherwise I'd feel guilty about how much I cracked up when I watched the slowmo of the motorcyclist going straight up the roadie's rear.