Little Things You Hate

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Group work. This time, there is a twist. Instead of having people who are lazy and won't do their share, I have a whole bunch of very academically bright people who are determined to outsmart each other. Group discussion rapidly turns into an academic pissing contest that total fails to address the key issues we are meant to be looking at.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
People who seem to think that, because I'm not currently working, I have nothing better to do all day than sit at home waiting for a phone call that I was supposed to get two bloody hours ago!

indica

Serial flasher
People who seem to think that, because I'm not currently working, I have nothing better to do all day than sit at home waiting for a phone call that I was supposed to get two bloody hours ago!
Well, do you have something better to do? Maybe you should get a mobile and take the call on that? ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sigh...........I hate Australian Political parties and their pathetic popularity contests. Why this shit is the top news story each day in this nation is beyond me, we have so much more awesome and interesting stuff happening in this nation that could be all over the news but nope, we get fed the same old dribble doom and gloom. As much as I try to avoid it, I have to pay some amount of attention to it.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Replaced a fuse in my car to try and get the radio/cd/tv player working - new fuse blows as well.

Can't understand, all electronics bar the clock, radio, tv and cd player work, the aircon display sits neatly between them and it lights up like christmas. Looks like a job for an auto electrician.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Sigh...........I hate Australian Political parties and their pathetic popularity contests. Why this shit is the top news story each day in this nation is beyond me, we have so much more awesome and interesting stuff happening in this nation that could be all over the news but nope, we get fed the same old dribble doom and gloom. As much as I try to avoid it, I have to pay some amount of attention to it.
Blame the media, they're the one who've been playing this shit up for the last few months. I guess it's easier than reporting real news.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Blame the media, they're the one who've been playing this shit up for the last few months. I guess it's easier than reporting real news.
where's the "like" button when i need it?

mainstream media are no different from Paparazzi other than they are wage slaves rather than freelancers. scum sucking bottom-feeders all. the only purpose they serve is to direct the mainstream attention away from the real news.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
where's the "like" button when i need it?

mainstream media are no different from Paparazzi other than they are wage slaves rather than freelancers. scum sucking bottom-feeders all. the only purpose they serve is to direct the mainstream attention away from the real news.
I think the blame lies with a population that would rather listen to and read about a popularity contest as opposed to real news. In situations like this ehe media simply spitting out what garners the most interest. It has basically turned politics into reality TV, because apparently that is what gets views.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Well at least it takes away airtime from fucking football!

rotorub

Likes Dirt
Rugby Leauge damn it! ........where one or two players at best kick the ball!
At least in AFL or Rugby you could call football at least they kick the ball in those sports......
Football is the world game were all players kick the round ball!

However on the point, I would rather watch the Australia qualify for the world cup than watch whomever qualify for the leadership!

rotorub

Likes Dirt
It really shouldn't be but I find politics and voting tends to be choice of lessor evils and I really hate that about politics!

Well considering Adelaide is stuck in the 1980's, it's possible we could move for secession here citing the fact it was never a penal colony.

Fuck me. Are we really stuck with Rudd again? Are we that fucking stupid?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Well considering Adelaide is stuck in the 1980's, it's possible we could move for secession here citing the fact it was never a penal colony.

Fuck me. Are we really stuck with Rudd again? Are we that fucking stupid?
Who is this we you speak of pale face? I know I don't get a vote in party room ballots.

Sent from the fence using my swinging vote.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yep, good point. Football and / or politics don't get a start on any of my TV's. It's all contrived bullshit.

Rugby Leauge damn it! ........where one or two players at best kick the ball!
At least in AFL or Rugby you could call football at least they kick the ball in those sports......
Football is the world game were all players kick the round ball!

However on the point, I would rather watch the Australia qualify for the world cup than watch whomever qualify for the leadership!
Little things I hate: The Australian public's interest in soccer over the last few years. It is worse to watch than any other ball sport.