Little Things You Hate

Ivan

Eats Squid
The drivers side air vent knob falls apart in my hands in my wifes near new car. It turns out to be three easily breakable and fiddly pieces which can only be assembled by removing the dash and vent, so I spend an hour with various tools and manage to figure out a way to install it with removing the dash.

I finally get it installed, and to check it's got the right range of movement I reach over and check the passenger side vent knob. That one then comes apart i my hands.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Lucky this one only took 5 mins to get in.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
The drivers side air vent knob falls apart in my hands in my wifes near new car. It turns out to be three easily breakable and fiddly pieces which can only be assembled by removing the dash and vent, so I spend an hour with various tools and manage to figure out a way to install it with removing the dash.

I finally get it installed, and to check it's got the right range of movement I reach over and check the passenger side vent knob. That one then comes apart i my hands.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Lucky this one only took 5 mins to get in.
holden colorado?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
LTYH => Flats with no spares ... Flats with spares and no pump ... Flats ... Flats with no shin pads and shitty hiking boots on (see what I did there :bored:)

LTYL => The section just prior to the flat ... so much fun, I didn't even mind the 3k walk back to the car ... lucky I had hiking boots on. :yawn:

moorey

call me Mia
Fellow long time RB'ers who often make a jackass of themselves and you think you're on the same page as having a bit of fun, who get sandy vaginas....and when you pm them trying to wash it out for them, they're too much of a dick to even reply....even to tell you to fuck of an die. Meh. Eat a dick, you. :noidea:

wembas

Likes Dirt
nah - its a full piece of meat that is placed in brine first... then cooked by poaching.

I like it on occassions.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
nah - its a full piece of meat that is pickled in brine first... then cooked by poaching.
especially delicious when cooked gently with onions, garlic, cloves, nutmeg, and a dash of apple cider vinegar and served with the aforementioned white sauce... then you make soup out of the cooking water with the leftover silverside and a heap of vegies.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
especially delicious when cooked gently with onions, garlic, cloves, nutmeg, and a dash of apple cider vinegar and served with the aforementioned white sauce... then you make soup out of the cooking water with the leftover silverside and a heap of vegies.
So you don't boil the crap out of it and serve it with a mucousy white sauce like my mum used to? Ooh, and brussel sprouts boiled until they smell like farts on the side?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
So you don't boil the crap out of it and serve it with a mucousy white sauce like my mum used to? Ooh, and brussel sprouts boiled until they smell like farts on the side?
Haha my mum went to the same cooking school. Bring to boil in the pot then simmer for an hour per kilo. Put some cloves and pepper corns into the water too.

Tastes even better the next day.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Norco Maniac

Is back!
are you my long-lost brother, Pastavore?

yes, my mother cooked it that way too. and unfortunately, so does my mother-in-law.....

LTIH - my MIL's cooking. she's the only person i know (apart from my older sister, who is about the same age!) who can turn every piece of meat she cooks into leather. especially the chicken that she stuffs with margarine :barf:

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I would also like to nominate my mum for membership in the Can't Cook Silverside club.

And steak. You shouldn't have to chew each bite for two minutes before it's ready to be swallowed.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
are you my long-lost brother, Pastavore?

yes, my mother cooked it that way too. and unfortunately, so does my mother-in-law.....

LTIH - my MIL's cooking. she's the only person i know (apart from my older sister, who is about the same age!) who can turn every piece of meat she cooks into leather. especially the chicken that she stuffs with margarine :barf:
LTIH - margarine, the most disgusting substance on the planet. Why the hell would you stuff a chicken with it? Might as well use 50w motor oil, or alternatively, kitty litter, at least she'd have an excuse for it being dry.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I hate the amount of threads that have risen lately that show the tenderness of some of our members. Please stop posting threads that question some of your morals and stop taking offence to the smallest things that aren't really that big a deal..............

moorey

call me Mia
I hate the amount of threads that have risen lately that show the tenderness of some of our members. Please stop posting threads that question some of your morals and stop taking offence to the smallest things that aren't really that big a deal..............
Here here. Some people on here seem to think they have a valid opinion on everything and everyone. I'm aginnit.

LTIL. My mum
LTIH. That my mum thinks Abbott is worthy of being PM because he keeps fit and cycles, but that Gillard isn't, because she has a nose like a witch.:rant: