Little Things You Hate

I'm going to have to side with Moorey here. Australia Post sucks a big one. When I can get something ordered and shipped from America in less time than something from Tasmania, it's telling me something is wrong. I could have driven and picked up my package in under a day, how does it take longer than a week and a half for it to get here? I don't care how long processing takes, it's a one way trip and takes ~12 hours, less if you fly. How it takes any longer than 3 days to get something from any one place in this country is stupid. You're no more than a 2 day drive from anywhere; 3 at the very most.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I'm going to have to side with Moorey here. Australia Post sucks a big one. When I can get something ordered and shipped from America in less time than something from Tasmania, it's telling me something is wrong. I could have driven and picked up my package in under a day, how does it take longer than a week and a half for it to get here? I don't care how long processing takes, it's a one way trip and takes ~12 hours, less if you fly. How it takes any longer than 3 days to get something from any one place in this country is stupid. You're no more than a 2 day drive from anywhere; 3 at the very most.
yeah, because there is a truck waiting at the post office your item was posted from and it drives directly to your house. :wacko:

i'm not saying they do a fantastic job, but i don't think people realise the logistics of the situation either.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Don't think they know where Tasmania is. Express posted a derailleur a month ago and it's still in limbo somewhere. I keep asking and the keep telling me "it might show up one day."

yeah, because there is a truck waiting at the post office your item was posted from and it drives directly to your house. :wacko:

i'm not saying they do a fantastic job, but i don't think people realise the logistics of the situation either.
I understand sorting and processing, but does that take 48 hours? They have machines that do the majority of it now days. For instance, with my item from America, it had to go through sorting in 3 different places before even leaving the country, then screening at customs before even getting on it's way to me. It was posted exactly a week later and still got here beforehand.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I understand sorting and processing, but does that take 48 hours? They have machines that do the majority of it now days. For instance, with my item from America, it had to go through sorting in 3 different places before even leaving the country, then screening at customs before even getting on it's way to me. It was posted exactly a week later and still got here beforehand.
I have worked in AusPost parcel sorting facility in Melbourne. Packages are all sorted by hand. The problem is the sorters are mainly casual, work for the dole, work release, equil op workers. It is a massive nartard convention, at least at christmas time.Sorting is done 3x8hr shifts so 24hrs a day. Sorting should be done by 8am the day after posting in a metro box. Country........well that's another story all together.

0psi

Eats Squid
In my experience Auspost are the best of the lot. Sure they make the odd F#%$ up but on the whole they are the best. Most couriers are bloody useless and I suspect most of their deliveries are made purely on chance. The only exception is DHL which charge $32080 to deliver air to the end of the street.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have worked in AusPost parcel sorting facility...............the sorters are mainly casual, work for the dole, work release, equal op workers....................... It is a massive nartard convention,
One must take an opportunity when one see's an opportunity. ;)

AngryDave

Likes Bikes
Avid elixirs. I have finally had it with these POS crapball excuses for brakes. Fresh bleed, clean rotor, new pads, everything aligned properly and they still squeal. Not a peep when I was bedding the new pads in, but come back half an hour later and suddenly they decide that they are in fact a punk band.

I'm done with avid. They have finally lost me.

Engelados

Likes Bikes
Avid elixirs. I have finally had it with these POS crapball excuses for brakes. Fresh bleed, clean rotor, new pads, everything aligned properly and they still squeal. Not a peep when I was bedding the new pads in, but come back half an hour later and suddenly they decide that they are in fact a punk band.

I'm done with avid. They have finally lost me.
Good. Now try RX Formula

Shredden

Knows his goats
Inkjet printers... what a fucking load of shit product.

We had a laserjet for like 5 years, and replaced the cartridge 3 times at a cost of $30 each. It got broken during a move, so we bought an inkjet because the only laserjets we could find were like full sized photocopiers. After two weeks it needs a new black cartridge, it has probably printed ~25 pages. Useless, do they even plan on people using their stuff?

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Inkjet printers... what a fucking load of shit product.

We had a laserjet for like 5 years, and replaced the cartridge 3 times at a cost of $30 each. It got broken during a move, so we bought an inkjet because the only laserjets we could find were like full sized photocopiers. After two weeks it needs a new black cartridge, it has probably printed ~25 pages. Useless, do they even plan on people using their stuff?
I do a ton of printing so i got a monochrome laser printer. Cost me about $70, one toner lasts about 2,000 sheets and are about $30 each. The only downsides are back to back is a pain in the arse and i can't print in colour.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I picked up a $50 inkjet 3 weeks ago cause it was cheap and I'm poor. It's now saying that I need a new black cartridge.

To add insult to injury, I have prac workbooks that need a coversheet printed before they can be handed in. The coversheet is sent out by the school of earth sciences and has a barcode on the front. To submit, you staple it on and slide the whole thing through a slot in the office where it gets scanned and logged at what time you submit (1 second late = 10% off your mark).

The inkjet can't print at a high enough dpi or what ever it's measured in for the scanner to work. I always have to get the office lady to fish mine out of the pile and manually scan it.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Ink cartridges that come with cheap printers are only half full at best. If they weren't, it would be more economical for people to buy a new printer 3 times a year than replace the ink cartridges.

As to the print quality - you get what you pay for. I still can't believe we even need to print all this stuff out on pieces of dead tree nearly a decade and a half into the 21st century.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Ink cartridges that come with cheap printers are only half full at best. If they weren't, it would be more economical for people to buy a new printer 3 times a year than replace the ink cartridges.

As to the print quality - you get what you pay for. I still can't believe we even need to print all this stuff out on pieces of dead tree nearly a decade and a half into the 21st century.
Farken tell me about it. I'm in the process if recertifying a number of quals and as such I've got to print the same bloody 5 page form five times just to hand write the in same details with maybe one or two differences to then scan and email back. The mass of printed out sheets will then just wind up scattered across my desk/floor/adjoining rooms where they will just piss me off until the next time my girlfriend comes to stay and I have to clean up.

Why they can't send me the forms in a .doc format, is beyond me.