Little Things You Hate

wombat

Lives in a hole
The woman who decided to abuse my mate because he was chewing on a mouthful of hot chips whilst someone was murdering the national anthem at the football last night.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Other road users. I'd had my learner motorbike license 45 hours and already had to avoid two other users. One was a dicky old dude in a car, that one was fine. What really pisses me off is doing a lap of the local loop and a guy on a 1000cc Aprillia wearing Dainese race leathers came hauling ass around the corner on the wrong side of the road cause he came in to fast. There is no way he could adjust his line at the speed he was doing and I had to cut in hard to avoid a head on with him. Which is total bullshit. There is no way someone with a 45 hour old learner license should be compensating for someone who has a full license and presumably plenty of experience.

camoshop

Banned
Getting a flat tyre 60km from home with no phone reception, packing the wrong size tube then that got a flat but didn't have enough patches for it, time to go tubeless I think. I'll need a new rear rum now anyway after riding 4km on a flat tyre.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Other road users.
Consider it a couple of free lessons. They are all out to kill you.
If you ride around with the attitude that you shouldn't have to compensate for the way other people ride/drive, maybe motorcycling is not for you.
That said, welcome to the fold; may you live long and enjoy your motorcycling.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
"There are old motorcyclists, there are bold motorcyclists, but there are no old, bold motorcyclists."
- LJK Setright.

Hang in there, stick to your side of the road and that includes all your bits and the bikes bits and as stated assume everyone wants to kill you.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Sprinting up the road thinking 'hmmm, really not a lot of protection in what I'm wearing, it'd suck to crash', 12 seconds before the chain lets go and I get to find out just how.much it could suck.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Getting stoked on an arvo ride all day while doing uni work, going out the garage to grab the AM bike and realizing that the front brake (with which you just replaced the lever, pads and disc 2 rides ago) caliper is leaking and there's 0 power while it sounds like a cyborg is being raped with a drill.

If anyone wants a clapped out XT/SLX front brake come grab it now because I'll probably end up just burning the fucking thing.

Think it's about time to buy some brakes from this half of the last decade.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Consider it a couple of free lessons. They are all out to kill you.
If you ride around with the attitude that you shouldn't have to compensate for the way other people ride/drive, maybe motorcycling is not for you.
That said, welcome to the fold; may you live long and enjoy your motorcycling.
I am basically riding round with the consideration the world is out to get me. I normally drive an old chev so apparently everyone in the world wants to race me. I'm used to the attitude of other drivers ranging from idiot boy racer to outright aggressive, so avoiding other drivers is something I'm used to and proficient at. It just stuns me that so fresh out the rider safety course which spent so much time emphasizing the necessity of riding conservatively and how position and look after yourself on the road (cause no one else will), that a fully licensed rider made a decent attempt at wiping us both out. Kind of incredulous and basically a comedic reversal of standard roles-the new guy screwing up and the old hand compensating.

That said I do recognize the reality of it so I'll continue to ride like the world is out to get me.

And all up I'm definitely enjoying it!

Last edited:

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Rone has the right of it; don't confuse the ability to buy with the ability to ride.
He could be just 12 months further down the road than you. I've seen blokes upgrade from a 250 to a full litre bike and flog off their learner bike with less than 6000 km on the clock. It's developed skill not a full license that counts.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I bloody hate hanging around for a courier. Waited this arvo for the bloke to show because the online tracking has the package as "on board for delivery". Was a lovely sunny arvo and I was going to take one of my daughters for a ride, but decided not to on the basis that as soon as I leave the house, the courier would show up.

What do you know, the guys a no-show.

On top of that, its now taken 7 days (and counting) for a set of hubs to come from Melb to Carntburra. What a joke.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rone has the right of it; don't confuse the ability to buy with the ability to ride.
He could be just 12 months further down the road than you. I've seen blokes upgrade from a 250 to a full litre bike and flog off their learner bike with less than 6000 km on the clock. It's developed skill not a full license that counts.
I look back and cringe at the lunacy of me neglecting the LAM's rules by owning/riding a '05 CBR blade from L's through to opens...

LTIH - A boss that will obstruct myself and other staff from making progress in fear of us out shining his capabilities.

moorey

call me Mia
I bloody hate hanging around for a courier. Waited this arvo for the bloke to show because the online tracking has the package as "on board for delivery". Was a lovely sunny arvo and I was going to take one of my daughters for a ride, but decided not to on the basis that as soon as I leave the house, the courier would show up.

What do you know, the guys a no-show.

On top of that, its now taken 7 days (and counting) for a set of hubs to come from Melb to Carntburra. What a joke.
I have been on the blower to aus post for half the day today. Express posted a shock last Tuesday to a guy who was desperate to get for the weekend. Ballarat to Sydney is in there express zone, so I figured it would be there Wednesday theoretically, Thursday definitely. Nope. Friday? Nope. Monday? Nope.
Its still in fucking transit and they expect it there Thursday.
The guy is rightly pissed at his end, I'm just gobsmacked. They say to allow 6 days for overnight delivery between express zones. Utter cunts.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Moorey, that's fucked. I'm fairly certain that stem I sent you didn't even take that long and I sent it regular post. WTF is wrong with Auspost?!?

moorey

call me Mia
Moorey, that's fucked. I'm fairly certain that stem I sent you didn't even take that long and I sent it regular post. WTF is wrong with Auspost?!?
I posted 3 things that day, one to Hobart, one to Sydney, one to Brisbane. Only the Sydney was express. The other 2 took 2 says each.
Fuck I gave the manager a serve after being polite 2 the first 2 minions who were just trying to do their jobs. They are now trying to blame my PO for misleading me for saying it should take one day, possibly two. IT SHOULD FUCKING ONLY TAKE THAT LONG, AND THEY WERE RIGHT IN TELLING ME SO. They are launching an investigation...sure they are....in 10 days some fuckwit who has just let it sit on his desk, will tell me there's nothing they can do. :rant:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I posted 3 things that day, one to Hobart, one to Sydney, one to Brisbane. Only the Sydney was express. The other 2 took 2 says each.
Fuck I gave the manager a serve after being polite 2 the first 2 minions who were just trying to do their jobs. They are now trying to blame my PO for misleading me for saying it should take one day, possibly two. IT SHOULD FUCKING ONLY TAKE THAT LONG, AND THEY WERE RIGHT IN TELLING ME SO. They are launching an investigation...sure they are....in 10 days some fuckwit who has just let it sit on his desk, will tell me there's nothing they can do. :rant:
Have no doubt they are frantically looking for your parcel. when they find it they will shit in the box and mark it return to sender....

stirk

Burner
I have been on the blower to aus post for half the day today. Express posted a shock last Tuesday to a guy who was desperate to get for the weekend. Ballarat to Sydney is in there express zone, so I figured it would be there Wednesday theoretically, Thursday definitely. Nope. Friday? Nope. Monday? Nope.
The guy is rightly pissed at his end, I'm just gobsmacked. They say to allow 6 days for overnight delivery between express zones. Utter cunts.
Might be held up in quarantine, I believe they can do that between states in Australia if they suspect contraband is in the package.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Did you sign the dangerous goods declaration? Or...........less likely, address it correctly?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Might be held up in quarantine, I believe they can do that between states in Australia if they suspect contraband is in the package.
There's nothing wrong with posting dicks interstate. Smuggling them intestate however is frowned upon.