Little Things You Hate

Beej1

The other day I discovered that my housemate has been using my razor to maintain his beard.
Yeah I had a little metaphorical vomit at the thought of this.

I don't know what it says about what I've thought of my previous housemates (prior to living with girlfriend now wife) but I wouldn't hesitate to tell Mr Beard I use the razor to shave around my own anus, and sometimes I do this before I wash said anus, and then I'd stash my personal razors somewhere else and glove-up then apply a thin film of faeces to the offending razor and never use it again. I'd smile at the thought of my housemate with shit on his face.

Having said that, my wife shaves wherever she shaves with my razor occasionally when she's run out, and I couldn't care less.

She smiles at me for no apparent reason sometimes.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Bank error ends in electricity bill being paid two days late, therefore resulting in an overdue payment letter for the pay on time discount amount.

Rang provider to have amount waived only to get some over zealous kid, puts me on hold and comes back telling me it can't be waived and wont let me talk to anyone else because I'll only get the same answer, even when I tell him I'll take my company and home business to another outlet.

I get his id number and hang up. Ring back and the next guy waives the amount no questions asked.

Some people just enjoy being assholes.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
We just got a massive water bill. They claim our water use has tripled in the last 3 months. We have been here for years and our water use is always the same. We don't have a pool and we don't water the garden. None of our neighbors have a pool either or I'd be sus on them.
So I ring them to dispute it. The first guy gets me to check the meter and we figure out that the reading is correct, there is no leaks and our usage has gone back to normal. He says that's all he can do and asks if I want to dispute the bill. Of course I do I say and he transfers me to another department. At first the woman is just trying to get me to agree that that amount of water has passed through the meter. No way I say the meter is faulty. Round we go a few more times until she asks what I would be happy with. I tell her I just want to pay for the water I believe we have used and she agrees so we end up with a bill that somehow comes out less than last time and more time to pay. In the end she was very nice and asked if there was anything else I wanted and gave me her phone number.
I think she's lonely.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bank error ends in electricity bill being paid two days late, therefore resulting in an overdue payment letter for the pay on time discount amount.

Rang provider to have amount waived only to get some over zealous kid, puts me on hold and comes back telling me it can't be waived and wont let me talk to anyone else because I'll only get the same answer, even when I tell him I'll take my company and home business to another outlet.

I get his id number and hang up. Ring back and the next guy waives the amount no questions asked.

Some people just enjoy being assholes.
Sorry about that. I was having a shit day in the call centre and needed to take it out on someone.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
We just got a massive water bill.
Same, everyone in our street has copped a massive jump in their bills, even the hippy bird across the road, who uses about 90% of her water from tanks, grey water or recycled urine.

Pretty sure our meter reader is on crack, or non existent....

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
Same, everyone in our street has copped a massive jump in their bills, even the hippy bird across the road, who uses about 90% of her water from tanks, grey water or recycled urine.

Pretty sure our meter reader is on crack, or non existent....
Heard of this popping up a bit from time to time when they decide that they will estimate your usage, rather than actually checking it.. Blows me away that they can charge based on an estimate of usage.. Surely if thats the case, I can respond in kind by paying what I believe to be a reasonable estimate of value?

kwikee

Likes Dirt
They bill you at the street average rate if they can't access the meter (or claim they can't), then when they can finally be fucked reading it, you get an adjusted bill. We had exactly this happen, and an $80 gas bill average became $210. Argued it, was given the reason and confirmed it was right so paid it. Then a month later got a $250 credit for incorrect readings. That belongs in LTIL.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I was going to post this in the quiz thread but it could be a while before I get an answer right given the mass amount of smart people that seem to not work all day.

Spot the first world problem.

DSC_1873.JPG

*Hint: There are two rotors in there.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Woman from the water company did admit that my issue of unexplained water use did happen sometimes to a lot of people.
I suspect there is a fault in the meters but she REALLY didn't want to get into that.
I'm talking about a missing 100,000+ liters of water. I think I would notice a 10 cubic meter water leak.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I was going to post this in the quiz thread but it could be a while before I get an answer right given the mass amount of smart people that seem to not work all day.

Spot the first world problem.

View attachment 304410

*Hint: There are two rotors in there.
12 bolt holes and 8 bolts?
They bill you at the street average rate if they can't access the meter (or claim they can't), then when they can finally be fucked reading it, you get an adjusted bill. We had exactly this happen, and an $80 gas bill average became $210. Argued it, was given the reason and confirmed it was right so paid it. Then a month later got a $250 credit for incorrect readings. That belongs in LTIL.
I don't mind an occasional estimated reading, considering we have killer attack chickens running around the yard, but ffs what do they base their estimations on? In our case they have 15 years of usage data to look at. I don't think our last 5 3rd quarter usage totalled what they claim we used.....

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
Another LTIH: Hired a guy to do some work for me for a couple of weeks over Xmas/New Years while one of my offshore guys is on leave... This has been in the works for nearly two months now.. Today, I had to call the bloke after he had checked in at the airport, to tell him to grab his bags and head back home until tomorrow because one of our departments in here hadn't approved something and we can't mobilise him until its done. ARGH!

Bloke was understanding and took it well.. but shit, that was a call I didn't wanna make! What a pain in the arse!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
The third 'party' in a row this week from the people the street behind us. Two nights must have been testing their B.F speakers and tonight the shit live band.

sbr511

Likes Dirt
We had just moved into our house, maybe a week later we received a electricity bill for over $1000,
They estimated our usage due to the fact our meter was inaccessible,
I rang them and disputed the estimation, the lady argued that they don't estimate unless the meter reader couldn't access the box,
We went back and forth for about 5minutes and assured her that it was possible to access the box, she wanted proof that it was,
I sent her pictures of the box and our house, she rang back within minutes of receiving the email containing pictures of my house and meter box,

The pictures showed our house to be the only one in the estate and we had no fences at all. IN fact that side of the house still doesn't have a fence.

They reissued the bill after reading the meter, grand total of $82.00...

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Roads at this time of year, particularly dumb f...s that can't drive and try to fuck off without stopping after an accident that they caused. That shit aint happening to this motherfucking little black duck. The final straw after I got him to stop was the attitude he gave to my wife, who was just trying to a) keep the situation from getting worse, and b) trying nicely to get some details. Something my wife said in reply made him get back in his car and take off again pretty quick, haven't the faintest what it could've been :noidea:

camoshop

Banned
Not thinking about it sooner, for the last 6 months at work I've been chewing my data on my phone when I could use wifi at work well click Internet sharing from my Mac..

LTIL: free wifi