Little Things You Hate

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Increasing bench weight but not increasing body weight or chest size... What's the point of benching alot if you don't look the right size? (Stupid question i know a few answers so don't answer that or have a go at me its just a thought)

Matt H

Eats Squid
What kind of rep range are you doing?

Even though I've made massive strength gains doing a 5 rep program, other than my posture I don't really look that much different. The benefit is that if I switch to a hypertrophy style program, gains will be MUCH faster due to the strength I already have...

On another note:

Numpties who give me JRA stories, when they clearly did not taco their wheel and flatspot their rim from JRA.

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
What kind of rep range are you doing?

Even though I've made massive strength gains doing a 5 rep program, other than my posture I don't really look that much different. The benefit is that if I switch to a hypertrophy style program, gains will be MUCH faster due to the strength I already have...

On another note:

Numpties who give me JRA stories, when they clearly did not taco their wheel and flatspot their rim from JRA.
Im doing 5-7 reps on my max weight for 3 sets.
My weight on the bench has been going up steadily each week, maybe 3 sessions on a weight then up it by 5kg's.

Hypertrophy program? Excuse my epic noobness im not usually one for the talk side of weights, i tend to just see my trainer, get my program and do it.

Matt H

Eats Squid
If you just wanna look swoolllle, you could consider doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps to failure. It'd get you bigger, but IMO low reps are better in the long run...

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
If you just wanna look swoolllle, you could consider doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps to failure. It'd get you bigger, but IMO low reps are better in the long run...
Ohhhh im following. Yeah well it's foer rugby strength so i think increase in strength is still of more importance than looking bigger. Just wish it could be both as easily.

Thanks though

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like drinking Declan.
I was going to say the same thing.

That is a little thing I hate hypocrites who go on about how bad smoking is, then continue to go drink them selves stupid every weekend. (Not saying you do raw toast just a general comment)

fairy1

Banned
Working for State Transit, we are the most retarded, inbred, useless sacks of shit workers in the universe.

Two months til I get a real job, can't wait.

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Guys doing clean & jerk's in the gym with friggin EZ curl bars (25kg's) who have the nerve to tell me my bent-over row technique is all wrong and thats why i do more weight than they do when they do it. Ignore both my trainer and the instructions of a gym coach on two separate occasions, my technique must be WAY off to lift more than you...

What is it about the gym that makes guys think that because im younger than them its a macho comp to prove their manliness over me?

Helped a guy who was stuck under the bench (recently had shoulder recon surgery too so he was completely useless in that portion of his movement and was actually yelling from it hurting on his shoulder) and the thanks i got was,
"Mate, if i want help in the future ill ask.. I was going deep and stalling for maximum strain on my chest i dont need little heroes like you coming round tryna help me out cos you want to prove how big you all are."

Sounds perfectly reasonable in theory, but he was stuck stuck, not just a small stall. Completely stuck.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Clean and jerks with an EZ bar? hahahah oh wow...

Being woken up mid-dream. Especially if it was an awesome dream.