Little Things You Hate

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Most days I get up at 530 to get to work at 730, work till 4 and get home at 530. (1hr travel each way) I did it for 2 years everyday but luckily enough I'm based out of a closer branch now.
Almost the same as me. Up at 5:50, leave for work at 6:10, work from 8:15 to 4:15, home at 6:15.
Yep, 2hrs of cityrail goodness in one day. Im sure my immune system will be stronger due to this.
The only reason i'm still doing this is its good pay (considering im only 1/2 way through my elec eng degree, and they pay me to go to uni, and they pay for part of my uni course), and plenty of opportunity for travel, and a good job & pay once i graduate. Only 3 years to go on my degree (in my 3rd now)
Otherwise i wuda been outta there ages ago.

Arete

Likes Dirt
my masters costing nearly as much as my entire undergrad degree.

sigh.
So a coursework Ms degree?
Word of caution in that dependent on why you're doing it, they often aren't worth the paper they're printed on - proved worthless compared to a Bachelor degree+experience in the private sector and not considered equivalent to first class Hons when applying for an APA.
Worst academic decision I ever made was to do an MSc by coursework instead of an honors year (had a Prof. who had designed it as his pet course talk me into it). I ended up having to do a MSc by research to qualify for an Australian PhD program worth doing, making the coursework Masters completely redundant.

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
The feeling after a huuuge crash when you're just laying there, and something hurts a ridiculous amount/is numb. That 3-5 seconds of 'oh shit, oh shit, is it broken, did I snap it'.

ademb

Likes Dirt
Getting up at 5.30 for the 3rd morning in a row to the sound of rain then not been able to work because of it.

Really really didnt want to be missing this much work a week before i move overseas..

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
EDIT: but the way you painted it makes it sound like you feel like you're being hard done by. Suck it up, work hard, win life later.
Then enjoy watching a sizable chunk of your income 'vanishing' to the ATO each month. Being payed/paid? monthly sucks, and it sucks how employers are too inflexible to allow for fortnightly or weekly payment, especially in this age of hand held devices egocentrically named after a fairly pedestrian fruit that can enrich your life by:

reminding you to take your worm tablets,
reminding you to sell your stocks,
reminding you to change the oil in your ride on mower,
reminding you to improve your golf swing,
reminding you to shag the wife/husband and be 99% sure you will ensure the longevity of the family name/have a girl; and
helping you to become a God of Scrabble.

Tax time is a time to reflect just how shithouse it is to have to pay tax, then buy something shiny and new as a distraction and to ease the pain and make real the plan to become more organised in the year ahead..................

NOT sent from an iPhone4

Last edited:

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Then enjoy watching a sizable chunk of your income 'vanishing' to the ATO each month. Being payed/paid? monthly sucks, and it sucks how employers are too inflexible to allow for fortnightly or weekly payment, especially in this age of hand held devices egocentrically named after a fairly pedestrian fruit that can enrich your life by:

reminding you to shag the wife/husband and be 99% sure you will ensure the longevity of the family name/have a girl; and

Tax time is a time to reflect just how shithouse it is to have to pay tax, then buy something shiny and new as a distraction and to ease the pain and make real the plan to become more organised in the year ahead..................

NOT sent from an iPhone4
I hate apple too! :)

covert wolf

Likes Dirt
ok little things i hate:
- when people hit the button to cross the road when theres no traffic so you end up stopping at a red light waiting for noone...

-getting a sports kit on your motorbike that you waited 6weeks for but the day you fit it becomes the wettest day EVER so you cant enjoy it

- getting out of bed on a super cold morning

- aand the cost of living in general, fuel, food etc

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice one Mr Opsi :)

I don't hate Apple products, I simply find it alarming that people can become so obsessive about a product and the potential harm of this relationship. I had a disturbing experience yesterday whist riding the train. For 3/4 of an hour, I noticed that approximately every third person was transfixed on their mobile 'phone' but not actually talking. I have noticed this before over the years, but yesterday it really hit me just how all pervasive this technology has become. I use the word transfixed, because many people actually appeared 'transfixed' by what ever was on the screen and for a fleeting moment after the realisation I had this frightening, almost sickening feeling that many of these people were somehow engaged in a ritual bordering upon the obsessive, kind of like an addict I once watched on a plane seeking to satisfy the itch coming from within his dermis.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
^^^

Mobile phones are a godsend on public transport! Back in the olden days we just had to stare blankly at the floor as making conversation or even eye-contact with another passenger on public transport will usually wind up with you being befriended by a anti-semitic paranoid schizophrenic with a cask of goon and the personal hygiene of a french sewer rat

or dad as I like to call him...

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You live in Melbourne POSM? Can't say I've experienced the same problem over here in Perth as all the smelly, anti-jew, schizophrenic goon swilling Dads have been rounded up and are in jail as CHOGM is not far away. Not a good time to work as a bicycle courier in the CBD, in fact not a good time to work in the CBD in any vocation whatsoever. Civil libertarians are beginning to squeal like little pigs already. Mandatory cavity searches for all entering the inner sanctum is what I'm hearing. Police with armed sniffer dogs, armed horses mounted by Police, and Police with the power to stop and cavity search other Police and their dogs and horses. Not to mention Helicopters full of armed dogs ready to pounce on anyone acting weird.

I may wander in for a look about, would be pretty cool to get a photo of some world leaders being underwhelmed by the Belltower, however I don't fancy being cavity searched by an armed horse so I think I will watch the live feed on SkyNews.

SkyNews. Yesterdays news tomorrow.

Last edited:

S.

ex offender

NOT sent from an iPhone4
Well if you work hard for a good lifestyle and still aren't happy with it, then maybe you need to change something else about it. Working hard doesn't just mean getting a highly paid job, it means finding and creating the opportunities to live the way you want to live. 90% of my department at work gets paid more than I do, most of them don't seem any happier than I am though, wonder if it's because they work longer hours, care too much about their job, have their entire life's efforts tied up in material assets, and are focused on their career rather than the rest of their life.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Life just sucks, if I achieved all my goals, hopes and dreams would I be happier? Nope. Ok I probably would, but people will never be that happy
Your outlook sounds super bleak a lot of the time. I completely disagree with you, I think that everyone can be happy - it's just something you have to work towards.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Yeah seriously. I was in a rut last semester where I slept in a lot, procrastinated with uni work all the time and essentially did zero exercise. I was lazy as fuck and as a result of this I wasn't that happy a lot of the time. Putting the effort in to get out of bed early, eat well and get fresh air has picked me up so much.

Essentially, setting goals and completing them is the key. IMO.

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
True, happiness is a mindset, it's not reality. That's why it sucks, it's like getting drunk or stoned, sure it's great at the time but reality always comes along and makes you feel like crap again.

Ltih, you know what, can't think of anything right now :) except being allergic to pretty much anything that tastes good.