Little Things You Hate

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
C'mon SV, lets hear what special herb he can sniff or what voodoo black magic he can do to make it all better.
Or how about we listen to your deeply sarcastic, depressingly pessimistic lack of constructive input?

LTIH- leaving your phone charger at a mate's place... when they live 2.5 hrs away!

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or how about we listen to your deeply sarcastic, depressingly pessimistic lack of constructive input?
His response was no less constructive than SV's original post. SV is quite open about her preference for alternative medical treatments, and I don't see anything wrong with Ryda's comment, when SV was clearly trying to incite a response.

moto_guy

Banned
Not being able to afford proper food because your boss is being a tightass and not ordering more stock I need to get more work done. When he spends a week in Milan then comes back and brags about spending $2000 on clothes. I might be better off quitting my job and living on the dole

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
your problem is, you went to AMA accredited practitioners.
I'd be pretty keen to hear a viable alternative aswell. AMA is there partly to protect doctors interests, but there is also plenty of good medicine in what they approve

LTIH: People who can't get their shit together and decide if they are coming to the coast post-exams or not. I'm trying to book accomodation. I have 6 people saying yes then no then maybe and 6 who have confirmed. But booking a 12 person house that may only need to accomodate 6 seems rather silly. And we are only talking about a trip that is 4 days away.Seeing 4 days into the future isn't that hard to do.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be pretty keen to hear a viable alternative aswell. AMA is there partly to protect doctors interests, but there is also plenty of good medicine in what they approve
+1. I know plenty of riders/runners with these kinds of foot challenges, with varying degrees of success from physios and podiatrists.
Thus far SV's contribution has been a generic "mainstream medicine = shit" statement, so I'm keen to see more detail to back that up.

mcrae

Likes Bikes
the guy at 7-11 trying to charge me 16.50 for a bottle of water. i gave you a 20 my friend. not a 5. dont tell me i gave you a 5, i know well and good what was in my wallet and it sure as fuck wasnt a 5.

taxi driver trying to take me the back way home, comes accross a detour, ends up costing me $15 more. not all that pleased.

ltil, tv on the radio. enough said.

bardynt

Back in his day.....
You need to master the art of the hover. Our female contingent of members would be the best variety of folk to offer advice on such tasks. ;)

I am starting to hate the NBA (american basketball league) for their greed and claims of unfair treatment. You all need to stop acting like typical union arseholes and just play the fucking game! You are getting paid a ton of cash that the people who pay to sit there and watch will never see in their lifetime!
yer have to agree on the money side. if there complaining about too many games then agree on that

i know there sport career is short but most people could easily live on for the rest of there life what there guys earn in one season esp even if the lowest player get 2 million a season shit that is house and couple of cars and you're set for life with 2 million.

anyone say 2 million isn't enough give me it i try to live on it :p

Nabdaddy

Likes Dirt
Fuel Tv....seriously....what the fuck? Why not call it UFC Tv? Used to be a good channel with some variety on it. Now its either pretty much UFC, or motorcross. At least the latter is related somewhat to riding. :frusty:

kable

Squid
happened this morning and realised how much it frustrates me.

When you manage to kick your little toe on door frames or chair legs.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
His response was no less constructive than SV's original post. SV is quite open about her preference for alternative medical treatments, and I don't see anything wrong with Ryda's comment, when SV was clearly trying to incite a response.
ok, coming back to it.

when seeing a podiatrist for inserts, it's wise to bring your preferred shoes to them, so your inserts can be made to fit that shoe's inner profile. and yes, inserts are often hard and unyielding. they're definitely not suitable to wear in soft-sided shoes like sneakers that offer no support to your foot.

depending on the severity of your misalignment, it's common to have muscular pain in the leg and hip as the muscles have to work in a new position. there could also be stress on the achilles tendon, changing the angle and rotation of your foot causes an knock-on effect thru the whole kinematic chain.

bamboo socks may help with blistering, as they're thicker than most and wick moisture away very well.

i use heat-mouldable inserts in my shoes, especially my SPD's, because they make my knees track straight when i pedal, but i have just a simple foot problem, Morton's Foot syndrome. apparently it affects 45% of the general population. sounds like you may have to discuss a more orthotic-friendly alternative to the shoes you're currently wearing with your practitioner, siphon_the_python.

what was his diagnosis of your foot issues?

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when seeing a podiatrist for inserts, it's wise to bring your preferred shoes to them, so your inserts can be made to fit that shoe's inner profile. and yes, inserts are often hard and unyielding. they're definitely not suitable to wear in soft-sided shoes like sneakers that offer no support to your foot.
I'd say it's wiser for them to tell you what shoe you need, as each shoe has a vastly different shape. Factors like the last of a shoe can dramatically affect one's comfort.

Out of curiosity though, can you explain your grudge with AMA accredited practitioners?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
it's the whole system i disagree with, Matty. i was being flip last night. and yes, it wouldn't hurt for Python to have his podiatrist recommend a shoe that's orthotic-friendly.

i do use both Western medicine and complementary medicine, don't get me wrong. surgery last year saved my life, i had an ovarian tumour, but i also supported the pre-and-post op with going back to my preferred diet, vitamins, homeopathics, acupuncture and chiropractic.

it's the ongoing issue for me of drugs touted as wonder cures turning out to be seriously dangerous, such as Thalidomide and Vioxx, devices like the Dalkon Shield and Copper 7 are also cases in point.

the "health food" industry is also rife with foods, juices etc being touted as "wonder cures". so i find myself constantly shaking my head over the prevalence of people too willing to take a pill rather than eat nutritious food, get off the couch occasionally, and take charge of their own health.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
it's the whole system i disagree with, Matty. i was being flip last night. and yes, it wouldn't hurt for Python to have his podiatrist recommend a shoe that's orthotic-friendly.

i do use both Western medicine and complementary medicine, don't get me wrong. surgery last year saved my life, i had an ovarian tumour, but i also supported the pre-and-post op with going back to my preferred diet, vitamins, homeopathics, acupuncture and chiropractic.

it's the ongoing issue for me of drugs touted as wonder cures turning out to be seriously dangerous, such as Thalidomide and Vioxx, devices like the Dalkon Shield and Copper 7 are also cases in point.

the "health food" industry is also rife with foods, juices etc being touted as "wonder cures". so i find myself constantly shaking my head over the prevalence of people too willing to take a pill rather than eat nutritious food, get off the couch occasionally, and take charge of their own health.
That all makes sense, I agree with vitamins, I've seen acupuncture work in certain situations and chiropractic stuff has helped me. And all three have been found effective in certain situations by published research

But homeopathics? Almost no scientific literature supports it. Independent research and associated review articles find at best a low significance for homoeopathic improvement compared to placebo. And generally the better quality studies find a lower significance. The positive results published where homeopathy is convincingly better than placebo are often in journals dedicated to homoeopathy so are hardly unbiased, and when reviewed by external groups never hold up to scrutiny.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/rem9l2cvglvcf81e/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874503/

You seem to have your head screwed on the right way and I'm not trying to have a go at you, but again I'd be really interested to know why you use homeopathic remedies? Most of the people I've talked to who use homoeopathy have justified it with the "science is evil, herbs can fix it" approach without much understanding of what they are saying. It would be good to hear from someone rational.

If anybody can prove to me that homeopathy works I will happily change my opinion, but until then I see it as a pseudo-science that puts people at serious risk by encouraging people to not use proven medicinal methods.

Last edited:
Irresponsible pet owners.

Any my mrs' and I being softies, and agreeing to 'foster' 3 little baby kittens until some owners are found for them.

Seriously people, get your pets desexed!