Little Things You Hate

Capone

Likes Dirt
What about business vehicles, I drive them quite a lot, how would one know,especially when the onus is on the driver?

chase up your department that handles the rego

FML getting rid of rego stickers is great yet there is always a few who carry on like its the end of the world

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Frame builders who can't make brake mounts straight. Building up custom job for a customer & had all kinds of fun & games with the rear brake mount. Bloody thing is too far outboard, by about 2.5mm at the lower end & 8mm at the top! To add to the complication, it's also angled out vertically as well, so two-way compensation is required. After multiple attempts, I finally managed to make a set of spacers at just the right angles & thicknesses to get the brake on & sitting properly. Pain in the bloody arse!
Curious - frame builder details?

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
chase up your department that handles the rego

FML getting rid of rego stickers is great yet there is always a few who carry on like its the end of the world
I am all for it. Just dont want to be on the other side of a $1500 fine or god forbid crash into someone. Would you?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Capone

Likes Dirt
I am all for it. Just dont want to be on the other side of a $1500 fine or god forbid crash into someone. Would you?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

A sticker doesn't stop that now.

NSW RTA emails you as well as posts the rego form which is all completed online its a bloody brilliant system

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
A sticker doesn't stop that now.

NSW RTA emails you as well as posts the rego form which is all completed online its a bloody brilliant system
I renewed mine using the new online app, took all of about 3 minutes from paying for greenslip online to car being registered with RTA (sorry RMS)

On top of that they have a rego check app, just put any muppets rego details in and presto, instant verification of current registration. Plus it adds the due date to your smart phone etc giving you a 1 month out reminder it running out.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Frame builders who can't make brake mounts straight. Building up custom job for a customer & had all kinds of fun & games with the rear brake mount. Bloody thing is too far outboard, by about 2.5mm at the lower end & 8mm at the top! To add to the complication, it's also angled out vertically as well, so two-way compensation is required. After multiple attempts, I finally managed to make a set of spacers at just the right angles & thicknesses to get the brake on & sitting properly. Pain in the bloody arse!
Curious - frame builder details?
Treading lightly on the anti-name & shame rules here, but google Bamboo Bike Maker (dot com)......

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You're expecting micron-perfect measurement and positioning on a frame made from a type of grass?
Bits of grass joined with carbon lugs. The brake mount is on one of said lugs, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect such mounts to be within a millimetre of perfection. 8mm off-line is unreasonable on any frame.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Gopro. For fucks sake can you make a product that works just the same each time and doesn't implode all by itself? You charge enough for your products and they shit themselves far too often. It's a shame you've got the market cornered because your products are annoying and overpriced yet I have to bloody well use your shit because everything else is even worse.
When it works, it's great but when it fails it's total horse shit.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Massive storm hit the coast this arvo out of nowhere. I saw black sky and lightning when I left work and within 5min it was the hardest rain I had ever driven through. Took nearly an hour to get home (usually 15min) and I stepped straight onto water as I got inside. My door is at least 10m from the window that was open and my kitchen and hall were full of water.

Everything was soaked, up to and including my degree testamur (graduation certificate). Only got home form working on site yesterday and the last two days have been so full of shit (centrelink apparently reported me to a debt recovery agency when I had paid three days prior), phone bill that my bank rejected is now overdue, and completely sleep deprived.

Had a shot of whatever the fuck I grabbed first before I could start cleaning.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hi F
also, the result of a guy riding my local trails for the first time the other day,
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/moorey1971/media/image_zps9fadfae8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

LTIL (a little bit), vet payment plans and not being that guy.
Feel a hell of a lot better about my little trip over the bars now.

'Tis the season to be injured. I have a week and a half to recover from a sprained ankle before we ship off to Tassie, will be royally pissed if I can't ride.

Hope the pooch is going to be ok.

moorey

call me Mia
Hi F

Feel a hell of a lot better about my little trip over the bars now.

'Tis the season to be injured. I have a week and a half to recover from a sprained ankle before we ship off to Tassie, will be royally pissed if I can't ride.

Hope the pooch is going to be ok.
5 hours surgery on bloke with Medicare.
90 minutes surgery on pooch without Medicare.

Guy is $1000 ahead :pout:

moorey

call me Mia
What happened to your dog?
She's a whippet, running at 40mph, on a bush block with lots of fallen trees....and Roos. One or the other does that to her at least every 6 months. Last time it was a finger thickness stick impaled almost right through her chest, the time before it was a big roo that didn't feel like running.
Zero impulse control. Zero lessons learned.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last time it was a finger thickness stick impaled almost right through her chest,
We had similar with our blue healer Cattle dog. He managed to limp most of the way home behind the ute before we noticed something was wrong, so we put him in the tray.
When we got home, without any prompting, grandma grabbed the stick out and swabbed the wound with dettol. The dog did absolutely nothing, no howling, moaning - nothing.
3 days later he was right as rain running around again.

All the best to your offsider!

Shredden

Knows his goats
PSOs.

Last night, walking back from a night taking pics around southbank/CBD me and a mate walked into North Melbourne station to get on the 12 o'clock train to Geelong. A bunch of PSOs block us from getting on the escalator and ask us where we are going (back to geelong) what we have been doing (dinner then taking scenery pics of melbourne) and if we have, quote "had anything to do with law enforcement before, or have run away from home, or are in any trouble with the law" (nope, just two skinny white private school kids who like riding bikes).

We weren't drunk or stoned, not being loud or breaking any rules. Just walking down to the train.

"Okay boys, we are gonna need to search your bags". Cue 10 minutes of getting our bags pulled apart. Didnt find anything illegal.

"Thanks for that boys, we are going to need some ID. Names and addresses please."

This is bullshit. Would have more freedom in East Germany.