Little Things You Hate

stirk

Burner
Dropping off my pristine Rockshox Revelations wrapped in bubble wrap for a warranty seal replacement, and having them handed back sans bubble wrap looking like they've been sliding around the back on someone's ute, scratched and scuffed to buggery.

Seriously annoyed.
A similar thing happens to me when I drop my kids off at school in the morning all clean and tidy and then pick them up in the afternoon looking like they've been dragged behind a tractor.

Good to see you are standing your ground on this one as that is completely unacceptable.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Dropping off my pristine Rockshox Revelations wrapped in bubble wrap for a warranty seal replacement, and having them handed back sans bubble wrap looking like they've been sliding around the back on someone's ute, scratched and scuffed to buggery.

Seriously annoyed.
Are you sure they are the same forks you dropped off? Maybe some other guy is about to post in LTYL about how awesome it is that you drop off a pair of beat up Revs for a service and they come back like new!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The thought "better to cop the cost of the seal kit and just do it myself despite it being a warranty job" crossed my mind a few times... Next time I'll listen to me.

Spent some time today learning about how sewing machines work - my partner paid quite a bit to have her sewing machine "serviced" - so now I'm repairing the things that were broken, cleaning the mechanisms that should have been cleaned and generally getting it to work again...

Haakon

LTIH - realising that Rockshox colour match their decals for Giant OE fitment, and that I'll not likely get the right fork again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I didn't accept them back - as far as I'm concerned I don't own them anymore. You break it, you buy it. Will await to see how much brain damage is involved in getting new forks...

Who does the rockshox warrant rebuilds I wonder?
Sucks to be the Haakon! Dude that is bullshit. Big bullshit. Good luck. In a similar line, last gondola ride yesterday I look down and see the stitching on my new, top shelf snowboarding boots coming undone. I emailed the retailer in the USA...oops. Emailed the wrong one. Frustratingly I emailed a really responsive and proactive mob that I've brought a lot of gear off. But brought the boots from a less enthusiastic mob.

Hate that the nail clippers won't cut my toe nails.
Japanese nail clippers are awesome. Your nails are the issue.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
SHIMANO I-Spec.....
How many bloody systems does one company need to bolt one thing to another?
Why is it that I spec-B brakes dont come with the screw needed. I am never upgrading brakes again.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah. I snapped my old brake lever through where the bolt went through. Hence, no more bolt
Arse. Not a proprietary kinda bolt from memory though. Should be easy to pick one up.
I've just received an iSpec B m8000 shifter. Yet to mount to old 785 brakes. I know they are B mount brakes, but I can almost promise you this will turn up in the fuckwits thread :woot:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Arse. Not a proprietary kinda bolt from memory though. Should be easy to pick one up.
I've just received an iSpec B m8000 shifter. Yet to mount to old 785 brakes. I know they are B mount brakes, but I can almost promise you this will turn up in the fuckwits thread :woot:
I though you weren't falling for the alphabet spec shifter brake knob thingy. :whistle:

Haakon

The thought "better to cop the cost of the seal kit and just do it myself despite it being a warranty job" crossed my mind a few times... Next time I'll listen to me.

Spent some time today learning about how sewing machines work - my partner paid quite a bit to have her sewing machine "serviced" - so now I'm repairing the things that were broken, cleaning the mechanisms that should have been cleaned and generally getting it to work again...
Its clear I'm being considered to be a bit of an OCD freak (not entirely untrue...), but bike shop is only the intermediary. They now have to contact the RS workshop in Melbourne to point out that scuffing up forks is likely to be not noticed or cared about by a lot of owners, but some of them will be shitty when stuff doesn't come back in the same condition it went out in.

I'll wear the one new mark on the lowers in order to keep the OE stickers, but a new upper/crown is in order. Small scratch on the stanchion too.

Last edited: