Little Things You Hate

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
(Warning: roadie content, avert your eyes if you can't hack it)

The fact that SBS has been broadcasting the Giro D'Italia since cavemen invented spokes and the year that the media overlords decide to yank it out from them and force Australian consumers to seek some sort of pay TV / VPN work around is the centenary year. Why Australia? Why does the rest of the fuckin world have access to this but not Australia specifically???

Yes I know that other countries have restrictions too, but the difference is that Australians only have ONE legitimate solution, to buy a subscription to Eurosport just so they can watch one event. And they wonder why we use VPNs and pirate shit.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Any country that has a blasphemy law doesn't deserve to be a country #backwardsreligiouscunts

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Running wide through consecutive corners like a complete noob, in front of a group of noobs being coached. At least it reinforced their decision to get coaching.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Running wide through consecutive corners like a complete noob, in front of a group of noobs being coached. At least it reinforced their decision to get coaching.
Try riding through the corners next time, it may work out better for you.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree with that, badoom tish, the pressure of being watched by a group of old ladies standing amongst the bushes threw me right off.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I've had some trail modifications make me question the builders understanding of how the trail is ridden.

Old Log jump you can see underneath the new ramp.

View attachment 337356

I'd hit the log jump at a quick pace and land near the middle tree and then be hard on the brakes to flick right between the trees.

This new ramp someone has built removed the old jump.completely and makes the feature more like a slow drop as hitting this at speed would launch you beyond being able to turn through the trees.

View attachment 337357

I won't mess with the new jump, but will rebuild the old one where it makes sense.

Don't fuck with what works and create better options if you do.
This is why I always build a down ramp as well. If a rider wants to go out all guns blazing then go for it. But if someone wants a little pop with a bit of glitter then they can do that too. And then there's Nana and the grandkids who can still roll it because everyone has to start somewhere...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is why I always build a down ramp as well. If a rider wants to go out all guns blazing then go for it. But if someone wants a little pop with a bit of glitter then they can do that too. And then there's Nana and the grandkids who can still roll it because everyone has to start somewhere...
I used to think like that. Sadly too many noobs thinking they can just tear up my trails with epic skids or literally riding up what is clearly a down trail brought that inclusiveness to an end. If they would just undertake some basic maintenance and help out even...Now it's balls out to the doom mofos!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I used to think like that. Sadly too many noobs thinking they can just tear up my trails with epic skids or literally riding up what is clearly a down trail brought that inclusiveness to an end. If they would just undertake some basic maintenance and help out even...Now it's balls out to the doom mofos!
Hear you. Fortunately we don't suffer from City Disease round here. Even met a couple of local ladies out on their morning walk this AM. They were moving big chunks of busted windfall timber off the track so no-one would hurt themselves...bless them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hear you. Fortunately we don't suffer from City Disease round here. Even met a couple of local ladies out on their morning walk this AM. They were moving big chunks of busted windfall timber off the track so no-one would hurt themselves...bless them.
They mus he cross training for when they are here moving debris onto the trails! Dog shit, lawn clippings, branches, concrete, glass...all the good stuff.

safreek

Ltih, Everlast clothes being made for the masses, cheap pieces of crap taking over from the trusty flanno. Frigging sell outs

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
This is actually part of my local trails.
I'm pretty sure it was the original builder who added this - it is useless and a waste of time that could have been placed elsewhere. In saying that, I'm not the one out there every week maintaining the trails so I can't complain. The rest of the stuff people have built is pretty good, shame the run down into the grotto is so trashed and overgrown - the old jumps down there over the creeks made it a cool little run.
If you ever see the bloke flying through at night chasing the rusty coloured dog, that's me - the dog won't bite but he'll give you a scare as he pogo's on his back legs.

I've had some trail modifications make me question the builders understanding of how the trail is ridden.

Old Log jump you can see underneath the new ramp.

View attachment 337356

I'd hit the log jump at a quick pace and land near the middle tree and then be hard on the brakes to flick right between the trees.

This new ramp someone has built removed the old jump.completely and makes the feature more like a slow drop as hitting this at speed would launch you beyond being able to turn through the trees.

View attachment 337357

I won't mess with the new jump, but will rebuild the old one where it makes sense.

Don't fuck with what works and create better options if you do.