Little Things You Hate

creaky

XMAS Plumper
No close contact? The a sport where the primary action appears to be all players on the field piling up on top of each other every couple of minutes? I'm not sure the person issuing that advice is qualified to tie their own shoelaces
That's what we though. They lick each other in rugby don't they?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have no hesitation in suggesting the footy codes are playing on purpose and will gracefully accept the booming amount of press they'd receive when someone on the field has the virus. I'm convinced its a plan to keep them in the press and plug their sponsors. Each team will get a turn at sharing their terrible stories and heartbreaking losses blah blah blah. Pull your heads in you fucking jerks. The world was laughing at Australia when the toilet paper thing started and now they'll laugh at us for the dopey approach to an already dopey code.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have no hesitation in suggesting the footy codes are playing on purpose and will gracefully accept the booming amount of press they'd receive when someone on the field has the virus. I'm convinced its a plan to keep them in the press and plug their sponsors. Each team will get a turn at sharing their terrible stories and heartbreaking losses blah blah blah. Pull your heads in you fucking jerks. The world was laughing at Australia when the toilet paper thing started and now they'll laugh at us for the dopey approach to an already dopey code.
It gives the unwashed bogans something to look at on tv.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It gives the unwashed bogans something to look at on tv.
Am I being really mean with this? Is it actually just the footy codes trying to keep some new entertainment coming so the free-to-air people can continue their online e-fight with people who have pay TV?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Am I being really mean with this? Is it actually just the footy codes trying to keep some new entertainment coming so the free-to-air people can continue their online e-fight with people who have pay TV?

The footballs are as important to Australia as oxygen. No footy = no life. Scomo is too benevolent to let that happen.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
All the other codes, all over the world, are still playing their 'national' series', sans crowd. Why does Australian football deserve to be singled out? If they're playing and training, they're less likely to be in the news for their extra-curricular activities.

FigBo0T

Belarus have just kicked off their season, its true...
OK, I might be a couple of days behind in the sportsball news. I see most Euro leagues have postponed for a couple of weeks. I just hope no NRL players shop at my local.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The footballs are as important to Australia as oxygen. No footy = no life. Scomo is too benevolent to let that happen.
Scomo, our head bureaucrat, not pm, is fucking one of them who thinks balls sports will be the last event this nation does before the apocalypse.

FigBo0T

Same here. I like to pretend that I support the NRL, but I haven't watched more than a few games a year for the last 15 years. I have no idea who plays, or who they play for.
I played footy, soccer, baseball, indoor cricket, at A grade or above from primary school into my late 20's. But watching sportsball has always been underwhelming for me. I've always preferred a bike ride.