Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Didn't mean that the video was a case of lift-off oversteer, but rather that if the weight transfer under engine braking in corner is enough to break traction and induce LOO then a combination of heavy emergency braking and applying the handbrake would surely be sufficient to do the same here. Anyway it's all academic, that car ain't driving anywhere anymore o_O
That might lock up the inside wheel, but even then the ESC and ABS should keep that under control.

Haakon

finding out the house behind will be demolished to build a multi unit housing facility for people freshly out of prison.

Haakon

Time to kick them tennants out and flee to australia’s second new zealand.
sigh. in 12 months... Hopefully it wont be finished by then. The neighbours are going to fight it!

Im more annoyed about the prospect of fucking tradies for the next however many months building the bloody thing.

Haakon

The ABS doesn't usually activate if it picks up a fault, it's like a safety feature.
I think they're smart enough to work on the front axle if there is a sensor fault in the rear and vice versa. although it would have been better off having the fronts lock as well and stay in its lane...

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Highly unusual especially if the hand brake was not pulled. Very good timing with brake lights if that was the case.

If front ABS was still working it would have come to a stop sooner IMO. Looked like fronts were not working at all to me. Or they didn't stand on them hard enough once the rear started coming around.
If malfunctioning I also would expect the system to be deactivated entirely so would have 4 wheel locked if stood hard on the pics. I'm not sure what control system Skoda use so cant say if it would deactivate entirely or continue on working for unaffected wheels in the event of a sensor failure with malfunction light on. (If malfunction light was already on).

Very strange, but would be very easy to inspect the car afterwards to find out what really occurred.

Haakon

i think if the airbags have deployed the ecu will store the parameters at the time - sort of a black box. very odd round.