Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
E bikes can be beautiful.

With 15kms to go when riding the 74 km Convict the other week I passed an E-biker with a flat battery.

It was a thing of beauty.

There was a 1-2 DNF's at the DW a few weeks back, I know one of them, they were like DOH shouldn't have run on boost the whole way :oops:

Do people not work out the capability of a battery for a 3h race.

ozzybmx

That stuff is meant to be released in May LBS has Shimano stock in Aus from August - it’s no more expensive than current 11spd the chains will actually be long enough for E-Bikes current 11spd is 118 links (ebikes normally need around 122) I had to use 2 x joiners and 2 x 11 spd chains to fit my Giant E-Bike. And the XT shifters will be EV compatible so looking forward to the new stuff.
Its a good thing, OTE were getting 600km max from a chain and cassette if it wasn't broken before hand on their rental fleet.

Its a massive market though, e-Bike optimised everything... we just added more metal to a fork that wasn't particularly light in the first place, heavier tyres, beefed up frames, e-rated stems and bars, now heavier drivetrains at XT prices :p

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahhh I just assumed you know being rotorburn :)
Broken / Displaced 10th rib left side
Landed on point of shoulder lucked out nothing torn but massive bruising - I handled them scrubbing out the gravel on my arm and leg but have nearly passed out from pain in shoulder when moving was sure I had broken scapula but had a CT done all clear - bruised sternum - bruised arse - bruised inner right thigh - bruised entire left side gravel rash (proper rash with burning) from knee to ankle / from shoulder to wrist and on hip miscellaneous scratches right side - right ankle swollen - so not as bad as some but has laid me up to not being able to currently move

View attachment 375061
I’m recovering from similar speed to zero crash, but i did end up fracturing my scapula into several pieces.. Now 4 weeks post surgery, long operation, 19 screws and 2 plates and the muscles had to be re-attched to the scapula body..
Hurt like all hell, but ribs still take the cake for eye watering pain..
Don’t forget the movicol with the oxys.. I had so much morphine and oxys I didn’t shit for 7 days after I stopped taking them..

moorey

call me Mia
There was a 1-2 DNF's at the DW a few weeks back, I know one of them, they were like DOH shouldn't have run on boost the whole way :oops:

Do people not work out the capability of a battery for a 3h race.
Indeed. Quinn hasn’t ridden 50km on hers before. The only advise I gave her was to only use boost when really needed, and to run on eco wherever she could. Yes, she’s lighter, but one of her competitors ran flat with about 3km to go. Quinn had about 40% in the tank.
They tell me there’s race craft in racing ebikes, but it definitely comes down to how much power and battery capacity your bike has. Loaner bike had 700Wh, I think ours has 450. Would have been tight, even riding conservatively.

ozzybmx

They tell me there’s race craft in racing ebikes, but it definitely comes down to how much power and battery capacity your bike has.
There would certainly be a strategy involved, simplified - how to start with 100% and wheelie across that finish line as the bike dies.

If I owned an e-bike for 18+ months, I would have roughly worked out by now how to ride/race for 3 hours and when to dial back to get home.

moorey

call me Mia
There would certainly be a strategy involved, simplified - how to start with 100% and wheelie across that finish line as the bike dies.

If I owned an e-bike for 18+ months, I would have roughly worked out by now how to ride/race for 3 hours and when to dial back to get home.
LBS were telling me the Spesh evaluates your planned distance and calculates how you are going and what you need to do to get through the proposed ride. It may well do, but is it smart enough to know if there’s more climbing on the second half and also factor in you being more tired? Maybe. Sounds like marketing shit, and just another way to dehumanize the ride.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I’m recovering from similar speed to zero crash, but i did end up fracturing my scapula into several pieces.. Now 4 weeks post surgery, long operation, 19 screws and 2 plates and the muscles had to be re-attched to the scapula body..
Don’t forget the movicol with the oxys.. I had so much morphine and oxys I didn’t shit for 7 days after I stopped taking them..
Damn! I hope you recover well.

Minlak

custom titis
That sucks - but I would gladly take rib pain over the shoulder pain I have. Last year I broke 2 ribs and didn’t even bother going to doctors - they informed on Saturday night “oh looks like you have 2 healed fractures?” This was when I was trying to convince every doctor and nurse I had to relay the accident too that I could actually ride lol

Minlak

custom titis
Its a good thing, OTE were getting 600km max from a chain and cassette if it wasn't broken before hand on their rental fleet.

Its a massive market though, e-Bike optimised everything... we just added more metal to a fork that wasn't particularly light in the first place, heavier tyres, beefed up frames, e-rated stems and bars, now heavier drivetrains at XT prices :p
I get 1300 ish kms on 12 speed and chain was at replacing point and I baby the gear shifts. Happy to pay the weight penalty to get more kms

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH: going for a ride and not checking the weather :rolleyes:
Went out for a ride tonight didn’t check the weather, ten minutes into the ride it’s starts to sprinkle a bit. So we swing back past the cars grab our jackets then it doesn’t stop and to top it off I worked out the hard way that my jacket is no longer waterproof, I guess it’s time for a new one considering I got it about 14 years ago.