Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I fucking hate hives. When I get hives they cover my entire body. Sometimes I get angioedema too, that shit hurts. My trigger is weakened immune system, so if I catch a cold I can expect 5-9 days of itchy hell on top of it. The only thing that kind of helps is taking 4 antihistamines a day and wait it out.

This is a significant anomaly for me, well known for my iron stomach and ferocious appetite. I'll be itching my way to recovery.

What is with places closing so fucking early? Surely 8pm isn't that late for dinner???

Minlak

custom titis
The scam relies on the belief in the Pay ID and PayPal systems - trusted names that lend credibility to the scam - I called scam as this buyer profile was all Swedish - his posts were Swedish centric and all his freinds had names I couldn’t pronounce :)

LTIH - making an agreement with some one to purchase something and then they just ghost you - especially after you went to the trouble to disassemble and pack up cause they need it ASAP - and then they are just gone.

IMHO - as a human you are only as good as your word and I only make deals I intend to follow through no matter what.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
LTIH - making an agreement with some one to purchase something and then they just ghost you - especially after you went to the trouble to disassemble and pack up cause they need it ASAP - and then they are just gone.

IMHO - as a human you are only as good as your word and I only make deals I intend to follow through no matter what.
I had exactly this today. I don't give these people a second chance and just delete the conversation. Fuckers.

Minlak

custom titis
I had exactly this today. I don't give these people a second chance and just delete the conversation. Fuckers.
The only reason this one bothers me more than usual is the guy posted in a forum asking to buy exactly what I had - I wasn't really looking to sell but decided meh I don't really use it - We bargained a price that was actually current market value and he agreed -I then spent 1 hr removing it from the bike (I still have to put the bike back together yet as well) - He then posted I will pay tomorrow and send you a screen shot of payment - KK cool - I noticed the next day a couple of other people had replied saying they would sell theirs- So my bet is he bargained one for $50 cheaper using mine as the bargaining chip.

I will never know the real reason as he is dead to me now and I wouldn't sell to him anyway now.

Minlak

custom titis
DAMN!!!!!!

So as I had given him payment details already - I get this message

I am so sorry got called in on Wednesday and slammed with work until Thursday and I just forgot about it - I have sent the payment across now (insert screenshot of payment) Have a Happy Easter.

Nooo!!!! I have a great indignant rant going on for 2 days now - and he just Pays - He can't do that.

New LTIH - People that end up doing what they said they would!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
DAMN!!!!!!

I am so sorry got called in on Wednesday and slammed with work until Thursday and I just forgot about it - I have sent the payment across now (insert screenshot of payment) Have a Happy Easter.

Nooo!!!! I have a great indignant rant going on for 2 days now - and he just Pays - He can't do that.

Bah! He is lying. Remain strong in your indignation. He just couldn't rustle up a better deal.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
DAMN!!!!!!

Tell him the contract of sale had a time is of the essence clause and he now owes you $14B.

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - Digging in the garden and so many rocks but not big ones just enough to piss you off and stop the shovel or jam up the dirt auger.
Then to top it off I found the gas line, luckily it caught my eye when I was clearing the hole of dirt and it didn’t get caught up with the dirt auger as I was about to dig another 100mm.
Now before anyone says anything, yes I checked out the plans with dial before you dig and it’s not where it’s supposed to be, plus my sons mate traced the water line plus the electrical line and according to the plan it should be about a meter from the fence with the electricity. Now where I found it, is about 3 meters from the fence and to make things worse, I don’t know how it wasn’t hit when we dug up the yard with the digger or when we the guys built the retaining wall. Now I will be covering it up and putting in a concrete plug in the bottom, then shortening the post a little before putting it in.
So freaking lucky that nothing happened today or during any of the other jobs, will be so glad when this job is done.

Flow-Rider

Burner
LTIH - Digging in the garden and so many rocks but not big ones just enough to piss you off and stop the shovel or jam up the dirt auger.
Then to top it off I found the gas line, luckily it caught my eye when I was clearing the hole of dirt and it didn’t get caught up with the dirt auger as I was about to dig another 100mm.
Now before anyone says anything, yes I checked out the plans with dial before you dig and it’s not where it’s supposed to be, plus my sons mate traced the water line plus the electrical line and according to the plan it should be about a meter from the fence with the electricity. Now where I found it, is about 3 meters from the fence and to make things worse, I don’t know how it wasn’t hit when we dug up the yard with the digger or when we the guys built the retaining wall. Now I will be covering it up and putting in a concrete plug in the bottom, then shortening the post a little before putting it in.
So freaking lucky that nothing happened today or during any of the other jobs, will be so glad when this job is done.
A bloke that I know does concrete cutting, and he was cutting some concrete, looked up and saw everyone around him bolting away from him.
He lost his sense of smell when he was a kid but he had cut into a gas line, and everyone around him smelt the leak but him. How it didn't blow the building up was a miracle.

I use a guy here who has underground pipe detectors when I'm not sure. He marks out where the pipes and electrical cables are with some spray paint. Many council plans can be inaccurate because builders just do whatever they want.

cammas

Seamstress
A bloke that I know does concrete cutting, and he was cutting some concrete, looked up and saw everyone around him bolting away from him.
He lost his sense of smell when he was a kid but he had cut into a gas line, and everyone around him smelt the leak but him. How it didn't blow the building up was a miracle.

I use a guy here who has underground pipe detectors when I'm not sure. He marks out where the pipes and electrical cables are with some spray paint. Many council plans can be inaccurate because builders just do whatever they want.
Yeah that’s why I got my sons mate who’s a plumber and has his own tracing tool but it’s really weird because the line goes to the left and the meter is on the right so it must dog leg somewhere.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Early 2000’s a mate was digging a post hole, hits what he thinks is a tree root with the fencing bar, again gas line is far from where it should be.

“Why the fuck is the tree root hissing” was his first thought.

Plumber on a Sunday charged 600 bucks labour to rock up, fold over the gas line and clamp it off with some Vice Grips then tell him to call the gas emergency number.

Invoice had the vice grips as a seperate line item just to rub salt into the wound.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Doc says I'm off the bike for two to three weeks to give the Carpal Tunnel symptoms a chance to settle down.
At least the silver lining is that he didn't ban me from climbing.
No climbing restrictions at all? Even full crimps?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I asked and he said it was unlikely to irritate the nerve. Just no vibrations, i.e. no power tools, no bikes.
Funny thing is that climbing seems to make it feel better, haven't had any tingling at night after having a session of climbing, while I have on other nights.
Most interesting. I know people that have had carpal tunnel issues from various activities. Climbing, power tools, keyboard/mouse. Never really thought about how it is probably only your particular inflammatory stressor that needs to be avoided. Shame you'll be off the bike for a bit, but good that you can still get out and SEND IT

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I asked and he said it was unlikely to irritate the nerve. Just no vibrations, i.e. no power tools, no bikes.
Funny thing is that climbing seems to make it feel better, haven't had any tingling at night after having a session of climbing, while I have on other nights.
Will we be seeing a doco about you free soloing El Capitan soon then?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy
Most interesting. I know people that have had carpal tunnel issues from various activities. Climbing, power tools, keyboard/mouse. Never really thought about how it is probably only your particular inflammatory stressor that needs to be avoided. Shame you'll be off the bike for a bit, but good that you can still get out and SEND IT
Yeah happy to have something other than running.

I was getting tingling and numbness within 10 minutes of riding my commuter, a bike I have been riding for 12 years and which hasn't had any cockpit changes for at least 8 years.

Doc also said I need to change my position at the keyboard. I have been doing a lot more work at home lately (writing up my thesis), so it is a possible source of irritation. Have had ergonomic assessment at work but not at home...