Little Things You Love

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Confused looks on the face of baristas when they ask for my name. They get one repeat and then they're on their own. Dealing with unusual names is surely barista skills 101?

And I don't even give them the Norwegian pronunciation...

Haakon

haha. it is sort of entertaining seeing what they come up with when its written on cups. Sometimes its a pretty good guess, some make me wonder...

Haakon

Just use an alternate name to smooth your way through life. I know others that have gone that way.
Middle name in Mikael, so i went with Mick for a while. But if they don't want tricky names, use a number system.

I've gotten pretty attuned to listening for the assorted versions they think they're heard.

Jpez

Down on the left!
When I moved to Cambodia I endured about 3weeks of giggles when I met someone and told them my name. Finally a less polite Khmer told me the pronunciation of my name basically meant to have sex.
So I changed it to Jake. Again I got giggles. Found out it is Khmer for banana which is also used to describe a dufas or simpleton.
I gave up after that and left as Jake.
Found it was often a great way to break the ice with the very reserved Cambodian people.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
When I moved to Cambodia I endured about 3weeks of giggles when I met someone and told them my name. Finally a less polite Khmer told me the pronunciation of my name basically meant to have sex.
So I changed it to Jake. Again I got giggles. Found out it is Khmer for banana which is also used to describe a dufas or simpleton.
I gave up after that and left as Jake.
Found it was often a great way to break the ice with the very reserved Cambodian people.
So does this mean that your full name is Have Sex with Banana?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Confused looks on the face of baristas when they ask for my name. They get one repeat and then they're on their own. Dealing with unusual names is surely barista skills 101?

And I don't even give them the Norwegian pronunciation...
I like customers like you - guaranteed bad coffee every time. Never anything too obvious - a pinch of coffee grinds, Luke warm milk, really really hot milk, an overdrawn shot. It'snot hard to be polite, it's actually easier than being a cunt.