Little Things You Love

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Being able to help a fellow rider who had crashed on their way to work at about 6.30 am this morning in a really tricky and bad place to come a-cropper, if she fell to the right instead of left,.....could have been all over, but thankfully she was not badly hurt. Cuts, bruises, some bike damage but she was pretty good.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
It's a bit of a shame for all the spectators at the scene but seriously, how often do you get to see this many fireworks go off at once?

http://www.theage.com.au/world/fire...nds-after-computer-glitch-20120706-21kpe.html
I feel like a bit of a grinch saying this, but what the frick is adults' fascination with watching fireworks?!

Sure, if you've got 3 whiney children who you've got to entertain on New Years Eve it's a great idea, but I have not watched a fireworks display since I was 8 years old that surpassed every other display i've seen...they all look the same FFS!

Graunched

Likes Dirt
I feel like a bit of a grinch saying this, but what the frick is adults' fascination with watching fireworks?!

Sure, if you've got 3 whiney children who you've got to entertain on New Years Eve it's a great idea, but I have not watched a fireworks display since I was 8 years old that surpassed every other display i've seen...they all look the same FFS!
Cant say I have ever seen any fireworks display that looked like this before...

[video=youtube;FPV8zdiySlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPV8zdiySlI[/video]

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Skype. Being able to video chat with my friends on the other side of the world from the comfort of my lounge room is amazing when you stop and think about it.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

December 31st 1999 (the Millenium Eve), Had Riin Beach, Koh Pha-Ngan, Thailand.
10,000 people on a tropical beach all armed with incredibly cheap display-sized rockets, candles, mortars etc. All off their tits.
I guarantee you it was nothing like any fireworks display you saw when you were 8!

AS for fireworks displays in general? C'mon. where's your sense of wonder? It's shit exploding in the sky! I'll never get bored of that plus good fireworks displays only come along once in a while and don't take up any more of your time than 20 minutes or so. They're also an excuse for large groups of people to gather together which is always good for perving!

One day I'm going to go to this, the mother of all firework displays:

[video=youtube;GwYrPhLBvz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYrPhLBvz8[/video]

Last edited:

Matt H

Eats Squid

Knut

Troll hunter
A sunny day in winter

A chance to work on my bike and do stuff in the backyard. Sunny days this time of year in Victoria usually fall between Monday and Friday.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
New bed, curtains, and DVD cupboard. Long time on layby and finally assembled and installed. Now to try out the new work bench and decide whether it was worth all the angst it took to get it happening...

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Staying in on a saturday night to eat some Chinese while watching the footy then switching to the tour immediately after and giving the bedroom a well needed cleanout. Would've been better if the dons didnt get smashed though :yell:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The fact that there still hasn't been a sequel made for 'Kiss, Kiss, Bang Bang' (just watched it again tonight for the first time in years)

Great films work best when they stand alone, Ridley :rolleyes:

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck. oath. yes.

AAA pass to Jimmy Barnes :D
Okay, NOW the video should be working :D

[video=youtube;nCWJXmF6zeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCWJXmF6zeM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

EDIT: hahahaha and just now one of matt mingay's stunt cars smashed into a wall on the main straight and caught fire...

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The British GP looks like it's going to be a very unpredictable race with a strong chance of showers, Andy Murray's in the Wimbledon Final, Le Tour's in the mountains with Wiggins holding the yellow jersey and I'm on leave and I can stay up as late as I like.

I also found a 'dogs playing poker' painting in a bric-a-brac shop today so it's been added to the stags head, tiger-skin rug and drinks globe beside my favourite armchair. I think I'm all set for tonight!

Last edited:

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Is it going to be in my pay packet, or is the cheque in the mail?
No idea. Turned up in my account on the 3rd July.

No. Neither did my wife.
I don't have a wife.

Are you sure it's a freebie? Might be worth keeping track of your cost of living over the coming year.

Was $800 enough to buy your vote? Because axing the private health care rebate was enough to lose mine.
I'm sure centrelink will fill the void. :very_drunk:
Wasn't going to give it to her regardless.