Little Things You Love

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
After much using of the interwebs to try and buy some bike parts locally (refer back to my LTIH about price matching refusals for forks) without success, I am once again plenty pleased with the way that the big players in online retail cut each others throats on price. I was prepared to pay a fair bit more to a local shop, but with them not making much effort to win me over I will happily play the big kids off for the best price. I will wait as well...patiently. Patiently like a kid on Christmas Eve!

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
LTIL: Steering the wife/kids away from buying me a shitty lawnmower for father's day and towards getting me a Camelbak Mule N.V. instead... Hell yeah, thats a win :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

Afternoon rides and finding little critters like this
He's a beauty, great for the kids to see one cruising around. You ever had to dig one out of the ground to relocate it? Man, I have that happen twice this year and they are tricky little buggers. I've basically had to dig a mote around them and unearth an apartment block size patch of land to move the little pricks. They haven't come back so I asume they either love their new home or do not want to front the Labrador again. ;)

lewis84 lewis84

Likes Dirt
He's a beauty, great for the kids to see one cruising around. You ever had to dig one out of the ground to relocate it? Man, I have that happen twice this year and they are tricky little buggers. I've basically had to dig a mote around them and unearth an apartment block size patch of land to move the little pricks. They haven't come back so I asume they either love their new home or do not want to front the Labrador again. ;)
Haha, no mate I can imagine they'd be hard to move! There's a fair number on our block as well as a heap of platypus in the creek, we are pretty lucky like that. I shot a young fox a few nights ago that had a nose full of quills, and this little fella had quite a few broken off, they are really amazing little creatures and are surprisingly quick! The last thing you want is the lab going in for a good sniff, apparently they are quite hard to remove? I love the way they curl up, legs start going a million miles an hour and you watch them sink into the ground lol

stirk

Burner
Dozer, can I ask why you'd have to move the echidnas?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dozer, can I ask why you'd have to move the echidnas?
Both times were in suburbia. The one in my backyard was getting stressed when my dog was being too interested and barking it at attempting to get it to play. I have a reserve opposite my house with a creek so we carried him down there and sent him on his way. I dare say that's where he came from and I figured he either loved loud race cars on my TV or he was drunk and wandering. The other one was also in a back yard and was pretty upset, he was all over the shop and seemed to be panicking. We took him to a bit of bushland near enough to where he was knowing he may have a home close by that he wanted to get back to. Neither yards have had any echidnas come back so they must be happy with their location. ;)
I had a rat eat some of the Clif bars I had in a very well enclosed draw in my garage. I relocated the bars to my fridge in the hope that ratty would just leave as his food source was gone but some weeks later, there was still evidence of a rat. I didn't want to have a rat in my house so I bought some Ratsak as a last defense, I really didn't want to use it so I kept it in the box, still wrapped in plastic and the little bastard ate the box, the plastic and most of the bloody tablets! I figured he'd drop dead somewhere and I'd need to wait for the smell to find it but low and behold, he was under my car on Saturday evening when I ducked into the garage to grab some stuff. He was drowsy but came to pretty quickly and seemed just bloody fine after I got him in a big box. He was sniffing around, walking around and didn't seem like he was anything other than a sleeping rat when I first spotted it. I relocated him to another area a few kilometres away that seemed like a bloody nice rat hang out and he didn't show any signs that he'd eaten a ton of Ratsak a week prior. I felt better for that, knowing that maybe he'd keep on trucking in a new spot. Either he ate the Ratsak and laughed at me or another rat ate it and I'm still waiting for the smell.....................

stirk

Burner
Both times were in suburbia.
They must have no fear with those quills protecting them from overly enthusiastic dogs.

That rat probably had an LSD like experience, surprised he hasn't come back for more good times at Dozers!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
My numbnuts brother in law's awesome trolling attempt on my phone. I had him listed as:proffessor Dumbarse Dean of Fuckwittery at SFBU. HE had decided it was his right to go through my phone last week, and found it. Decided he would change it to big note himself, as he is the oldest child and the father has just been committed.

Sheer brilliance. Consider me pwned..........note my half arsed effort to obscure his number. Please feel free to submit it to same sex dating sites, as he is hugely homophobic, although I think he may be trying to tell me something........

ChopSticks

Banned
Sheer brilliance. Consider me pwned..........note my half arsed effort to obscure his number. Please feel free to submit it to same sex dating sites, as he is hugely homophobic, although I think he may be trying to tell me something........
get him back by setting a....(or multiple) 3am alarms. Cousin pawned me a few times doing that.

OR save yourself as '000' or 'Police' and give him a call with a script of sorts to get him back!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
My numbnuts brother in law's awesome trolling attempt on my phone. I had him listed as:proffessor Dumbarse Dean of Fuckwittery at SFBU. HE had decided it was his right to go through my phone last week, and found it. Decided he would change it to big note himself, as he is the oldest child and the father has just been committed.

He does realise that the Matriarch is the mum of the family, doesn't he?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Really don't have any real want to speak to him at all, only have in my phone so I don't answer his calls, begging for money, work or a couch to sleep on. Not much news to get him back either, done a pretty good job of that hisself. Called himself a woman and misspelt it while doing so.

Obviously, natural selection is a bit hit and miss....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
He does realise that the Matriarch is the mum of the family, doesn't he?
Also, if you're going to make a complete ass of yourself, at least have the good manners to spell it correctly. I am positive he believes it means super stud with a huge wang, in Chinese or something.....He actually told me once, that he was obviously so much more intelligent than me because I was still going to university at 41 while he managed to finish school at 15.

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
Discovering you can change the title of threads (you've created) without actually clicking INTO the thread, then selecting the first post, followed by 'Edit Post' --> 'Go Advanced', and then changing it to 'SOLD'

simply hover your cursor over your thread title in the main page, double click and you can quickly, easily change it! :first:

..... is this actually old news? :behindsofa:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Knuckles I gave him a ring, said you passed on his number, and asked for details about his forthcoming sex change operation. He seemed confused.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a "job" a few weeks back. Writing/ reviewing for a bike website over here, with the promise that I should expect low end, boring bikes to review. Ho hum.

LTIL getting the call about the first review rig....Jekyll Team, cheers