Little Things You Love

Minlak

custom titis
Queenslanders in general. Daylight savings man!
I need to meet him too. Talk to him about getting it here!!
After trialling daylight saving in Queensland for a total of three years, a referendum was held on 22 February 1992, with the question: “Are you in favour of daylight saving?"[1] and was defeated with a 54.5% 'no' vote.[3] This referendum result displayed the same distinct trend that the task force had recognised

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Who is Daylight savings man?
He is a new super hero...mainly goes around saving people from sunrise at an unroooooly hour and getting home from work in total darkness. His alter ego is Sir Joh...a mild mannered regional politician.

Minlak

custom titis
He is a new super hero...mainly goes around saving people from sunrise at an unroooooly hour and getting home from work in total darkness. His alter ego is Sir Joh...a mild mannered regional politician.
Irony at its best lol

http://nebuchadnezzarwoollyd.blogspot.com.au/2007/11/not-average-joh-story-of-johannes.html

"While the Australian southern states settle in for the long summer evenings of daylight savings, Queensland languishes an hour behind on Eastern Standard Time. Last month, new Premier Anna Bligh ruled out bringing the state in line despite opinion polls showing the majority of Queenslanders are in favour of winding the clocks forward. Her view represents a long standing political resistance to the introduction of daylight savings that goes back to long-term Premier Joh Bjelke-Petersen. 20 years ago, Bob Hawke explained why it would never happen under Joh. “That's because he reckons the sun shines out of his arse,” said Hawke. “And he's not getting out of bed an hour earlier for anyone."

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Anna Bligh didn't know shit. Anyway the sun shines out of my ass I thought. That's what I tell my daughter. She's 5 and doesn't believe me. They grow up too fast.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Irony at its best lol

http://nebuchadnezzarwoollyd.blogspot.com.au/2007/11/not-average-joh-story-of-johannes.html

"While the Australian southern states settle in for the long summer evenings of daylight savings, Queensland languishes an hour behind on Eastern Standard Time. Last month, new Premier Anna Bligh ruled out bringing the state in line despite opinion polls showing the majority of Queenslanders are in favour of winding the clocks forward. Her view represents a long standing political resistance to the introduction of daylight savings that goes back to long-term Premier Joh Bjelke-Petersen. 20 years ago, Bob Hawke explained why it would never happen under Joh. “That's because he reckons the sun shines out of his arse,” said Hawke. “And he's not getting out of bed an hour earlier for anyone."
Gone are the days when politicians actually had a way with words.

Minlak

custom titis
Gone are the days when politicians actually had a way with words.
I was only lamenting the other day with the passing of Gough Whitlam the news featured a lot politicians and footage from that era of politics. The politicians back then Whitlam / Fraser / Hawke / Menzies / Hinze etc were all strong men. they looked work hardened and had fought their way through labour unions / depressions etc. the new bread of University educated politician just does not have the same aura of authority. You felt they would be in the trenches with you digging away.