Little Things You Love

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
You wanna...
Come practice Alluvial with Reilly and then race next round. See you soon.
No I do not want to even casually ride any of these tracks let alone race them thank you very much are you trying to get me killed good sir?!

We're heading to Lysty tomorrow. I know he'll want to get stuck into practice soon, but we need a change of pace after being up there pretty much every weekend for the last month or so.

(Also, thank you for spelling his name correctly. Hardly anyone gets that right)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have returned from a quick pedal around town, with coffee stop along the way. As I approach home my street is filled with a powerful and delicious aroma. I think to myself who is cooking at this time of night? And then as I open my garage door I remember I put the slow cooker on before heading out. I must have been 20m from home when I could first smell it. This is going to be pretty tasty tomorrow night! FYI - beef + lentils in a stock made by me from water garlic onions celery and herbs. With a little salt and pepper for good measure.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My Fox Flux. After an encounter with a Roo last night it did it's job. I'm glad I wasn't wearing a roadie helmet as they, from appearance, don't seem to offer as much protection at the bottom of your skull. I'm rashed and my neck is sore but my head is intact. RIP helmet

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
More info on the crash???
I was out for a roadie ride last night on a loop I regularly do and a Roo broke bush right next to me and ran straight into my front wheel. I was doing about 30 so went down quite hard. I knew I hit the back of my head but didn't realise it was a good hit until I got home and saw the road surface shaped dents in the back of my helmet. The other annoying thing is I'm on the side of the road holding my bike, hunched over, catching my breath and a ute slowed down and carried on. I straightened the bars back into line and the seat and rode it home.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I was out for a roadie ride last night on a loop I regularly do and a Roo broke bush right next to me and ran straight into my front wheel. I was doing about 30 so went down quite hard. I knew I hit the back of my head but didn't realise it was a good hit until I got home and saw the road surface shaped dents in the back of my helmet. The other annoying thing is I'm on the side of the road holding my bike, hunched over, catching my breath and a ute slowed down and carried on. I straightened the bars back into line and the seat and rode it home.
Dude probably just thought you were unfit, not noticing you were hurt. I wouldn't spend too much time hatin on motorists.

roo's are stupid. one jumped sideways into mrs ultras care after she'd slowed down to walking pace. Just sidehopped straight into the passenger door. dickheads.

Glad the helmet did it's job

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
roo's are stupid. one jumped sideways into mrs ultras care after she'd slowed down to walking pace. Just sidehopped straight into the passenger door. dickheads.
^ This

They are capable of some crazy direction changes. One was hopping away from me parallel to a road I was on on the weekend, suddenly went bonkers and hopped in a whole load of directions within about two seconds and came flying back straight at the car. I was only driving at jogging pace, but still nearly hit the thing.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Friend of mine says don't slow for them, you'll go past before they realise

My Fox Flux. After an encounter with a Roo last night it did it's job. I'm glad I wasn't wearing a roadie helmet as they, from appearance, don't seem to offer as much protection at the bottom of your skull. I'm rashed and my neck is sore but my head is intact. RIP helmet
Bought a Giant Rail helmet for this bike for that very reason.

Smacking your head into a smooth road is bad enough, add rocks and branches and I wanted a bit more protection.