Little Things You Love

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That was my last experience too, although I haven't been there for 5 years now... Aus is ridiculous, I can't imagine how anywhere without a seriously high average wage (eg Norway) could cope with booze prices higher than us!
Thank f*** for Goon, I say! :very_drunk:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Waking up about 30 seconds before the alarm is set to go off. Long enough to wake up naturally, but not long enough to be thinking, "Bloody hell, I could've had a few more minutes sleep!"

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Stuff that. It would become even more of cotton wool covered country then.
I don't know how you figure that M-G, living in the heart of the nanny state as you do.
The territories tend to have the loosest laws, Canberra especially. I figure it's because those responsible for governance are busy running the country, rather than the states who are fighting to be seen to do something other than fail to deliver on public health, public transport and the environment.
*N.B. I too live in Victoria, but out here the law drives Nissan Patrol diesels and speed cameras are uncommon.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Far out, is NZ that expensive for beer? Australian prices for alcohol are criminal!
For a 6 pack of decent beer here it's between $18 and $22 aud. same beer in NZ when I was there a few months ago would be between $15 and $18 nzd

I believe I've said this before but the packs of salad from coles for $2.50. So good

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
JB Hifi's 3 for $20 bin, been stocking up on some quality stuff- Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, Mark Ronson & The Business Intl., Daft Punk Musique 1993-2005, Kanye's "Late Registration" and "The Very Best of The Pogues".

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well my point was probably a bit premature. On my first visit to Warners Bay Tavern I came across 4 different Harrington beers I'd never seen, and a few other microbreweries' offerings that I had also not seen.

I bought the Harrington's for ~$4.50 a stubby, they were $6 in NZ.

Alcohol in general is certainly cheaper in NZ, but the craft beer market is still ludicrously expensive. It's not widely appreciated, and so not widely available. Outside of your plain Emersons/Monteith's, there's truly not much readily available.

I'm currently in Busselton, WA, and the first pub I've been to has Little Creatures, Bluetongue et al on tap. Whilst not the best beers in their own right, I think it's a good representation of how far ahead the Australian craft beer market is compared to NZ.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Well my point was probably a bit premature. On my first visit to Warners Bay Tavern I came across 4 different Harrington beers I'd never seen, and a few other microbreweries' offerings that I had also not seen.

I bought the Harrington's for ~$4.50 a stubby, they were $6 in NZ.

Alcohol in general is certainly cheaper in NZ, but the craft beer market is still ludicrously expensive. It's not widely appreciated, and so not widely available. Outside of your plain Emersons/Monteith's, there's truly not much readily available.

I'm currently in Busselton, WA, and the first pub I've been to has Little Creatures, Bluetongue et al on tap. Whilst not the best beers in their own right, I think it's a good representation of how far ahead the Australian craft beer market is compared to NZ.
I know the story i'm referring to is a couple of weeks old and only very tenuously related to your post but i just love the fact that in NZ they'll use a helicopter to put an angel on a xmas tree when most folk would probably just use a ladder