Little Things You Love

scblack

Leucocholic
Dare I say possibly even better than new bike day particularly when its a 2017 WRX Premium.
Our son has got his own car and own life now so after years of "practical" family oriented cars and a stymied love of all things going fast related [Big road moto history here, think 'Blades, R1's etc] its was time to buy myself a "Me" car
What's more its with the wifes blessing!

After the convenience of a Gripsport rack and SUV for the last 12 years of riding adapting to a smaller sedan with no tow bar rack may take some adjusting to but I'm sure I will cope : )
Well done! It didn't happen without pics.

I also had a new car day this week too:
VW Amarok Highline

6a.jpg

15.jpg

28.jpg

31.jpg

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Dare I say possibly even better than new bike day particularly when its a 2017 WRX Premium.
Our son has got his own car and own life now so after years of "practical" family oriented cars and a stymied love of all things going fast related [Big road moto history here, think 'Blades, R1's etc] its was time to buy myself a "Me" car
What's more its with the wifes blessing!

After the convenience of a Gripsport rack and SUV for the last 12 years of riding adapting to a smaller sedan with no tow bar rack may take some adjusting to but I'm sure I will cope : )
You can get towbars for them - did the dealer say you couldn't...? With that amount spent on a car, you'd likely have gotten one thrown in.

But otherwise it's roof bars and bike carrier...

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
You can get towbars for them ..
No Subby factory tow bar for Rex 17
There are a couple of aftermarket ones for the 2015 but when I contacted them they would not guarantee it would fit a 2017
They will need to get one in their shop to check which may take a while

I can wait

Haakon

No Subby factory tow bar for Rex 17
There are a couple of aftermarket ones for the 2015 but when I contacted them they would not guarantee it would fit a 2017
They will need to get one in their shop to check which may take a while

I can wait
The seppos have it sorted out http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2622106

Cant see what would be different b/w 2015 and 2017...?

What else did you consider before settling on a WRX? Lots of great performance cars out there for those sort of dollars.

Last edited:

Haakon

Well done! It didn't happen without pics.

I also had a new car day this week too:
VW Amarok Highline

[]
Don't forget to take those silly side steps off, they get caught up on rocks and logs. I smashed a bunch of them on Hiluxes trying to follow the 70 Series cruisers down dozer lines...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
LTIL: The feeling of new Dexron in the tranny. I now have a vehicle that goes around corners, and can find top gear on the highway :woot:

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Get the new V6?? Keen to hear if it's worth the $$$
Wait till the same V6 TDI comes out in 2018 MY in the manual and auto part time 4x4 versions as is planned for the fleet buyers...then you get the motor without all the urban fluff and fools dollars added on.

Tray still won't be big enough though...

scblack

Leucocholic
Don't forget to take those silly side steps off, they get caught up on rocks and logs. I smashed a bunch of them on Hiluxes trying to follow the 70 Series cruisers down dozer lines...
You're not wrong, it does reduce ground clearance quite a bit. But not sure my wife would let me, she needs the step to climb aboard.

stirk

Burner
You're not wrong, it does reduce ground clearance quite a bit. But not sure my wife would let me, she needs the step to climb aboard.
Whoops honey, I didn't mean to smash the side step on the speed bump in the car park.

I think we need to invest in larger off road tyres and some sliders. ;)

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Comics! I went on a big shopping trip the other day and got a bunch of collected volumes. Comics are the best.

I've also been re-reading the complete run of Cerebus (the surly grey fella in my avatar). All 300 issues (including the last 55 that I've never read), all written and drawn by the same bloke. Not a bad effort. It sent him round the bend, but these things happen.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Cant see what would be different b/w 2015 and 2017...?
What else did you consider before settling on a WRX? Lots of great performance cars out there for those sort of dollars.
I dunno what the difference between a '15 and '17 is but I'm not going to drop $500 plus with being 100% it will fit

As for what I considered - EVERYTHING!
Although I really cant stand big Aussie V8's I even drove a '16 SS Commode but a car needs to go round corners well so it was immediately discarded.
Other than that Volvo S60 Polestar [awesome car but at $109k new a tad out of my range], Audi A4 and A5, XF Jag, Lexus LS460 [That was a shit load of car for the $$$ if you liked a fast luxury barge], Lexus IS350F, Benz C250 [Shitbox], Falcon XR6Turbo, Maloo ute, Golf GTi, Focus ST

In the end it came down to value for $$$, The std equipment list on the premium is pretty good for under $50K and that fact that a WRX corners like its on rails as well as go pretty hard in a straight line

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
In the end it came down to value for $$$, The std equipment list on the premium is pretty good for under $50K and that fact that a WRX corners like its on rails as well as go pretty hard in a straight line
The current models do look great though. If I had $$$ to fling on a new car then it sure would be in the list.

Haakon

I dunno what the difference between a '15 and '17 is but I'm not going to drop $500 plus with being 100% it will fit

As for what I considered - EVERYTHING!
Although I really cant stand big Aussie V8's I even drove a '16 SS Commode but a car needs to go round corners well so it was immediately discarded.
Other than that Volvo S60 Polestar [awesome car but at $109k new a tad out of my range], Audi A4 and A5, XF Jag, Lexus LS460 [That was a shit load of car for the $$$ if you liked a fast luxury barge], Lexus IS350F, Benz C250 [Shitbox], Falcon XR6Turbo, Maloo ute, Golf GTi, Focus ST

Megane RS or Put 308 Gti?