Little Things You Love

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Got a phone call from bil to pick up some parts on my way to the farm today. No worries. He started telling me the address. Nope. I am driving, text me and when I stop in the village I will punch the address into the navigation. Ok will take a few minutes. Get the text. He wrote the address on an old envelope, took a pic and sent that to me. :D

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Got a phone call from bil to pick up some parts on my way to the farm today. No worries. He started telling me the address. Nope. I am driving, text me and when I stop in the village I will punch the address into the navigation. Ok will take a few minutes. Get the text. He wrote the address on an old envelope, took a pic and sent that to me. :D
Old school is the cool school.

At least he didn't send a carrier pigeon to meet you at the village.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Floods are bad for people/farms and all that, BUT...

LTIL: Mother nature doing its thing, and ridding the world of a shit-tonne of one of the most invasive fish.

Unfortunately that's just a small percentage of the billions of extra carp that bred during the floods. The floods also spread them back into spots where they had been eradicated.
Carp populations love floods.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Floods are bad for people/farms and all that, BUT...

LTIL: Mother nature doing its thing, and ridding the world of a shit-tonne of one of the most invasive fish.

Coincidentally, I was watching this yesterday which was an interesting approach to carp:

Unfortunately, while thousands might have washed up in fields - there's still heaps of them around in the creeks and rivers. [EDIT] @Freediver beat me to it...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Carp are a great fish. We should be taking them to areas where they currently are and stocking them up. Are there any carp in lake Eyre? It might help with the salinity.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Since getting a number of opinions about the age old question never really helped, I asked the wisdom of the new hot-as thingy ChatGPT who apparently is the all seeing and all knowing future overlord of humanity to weigh in. I wandered in and asked.

'Shimano drivetrains are better than SRAM. Prove me wrong'. Here we go......

Even new fangled AI likes to sit on the fence.

ShimanoVsSram.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Since getting a number of opinions about the age old question never really helped, I asked the wisdom of the new hot-as thingy ChatGPT who apparently is the all seeing and all knowing future overlord of humanity to weigh in. I wandered in and asked.

'Shimano drivetrains are better than SRAM. Prove me wrong'. Here we go......

Even new fangled AI likes to sit on the fence.

View attachment 396105
Not convincing at all. To really pass the Turing test it would've needed to cite a bad experience with one of the brands 15+ years ago and used that as irrefutable evidence that the brand should be avoided for the rest of eternity.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Not convincing at all. To really pass the Turing test it would've needed to cite a bad experience with one of the brands 15+ years ago and used that as irrefutable evidence that the brand should be avoided for the rest of eternity.
It works for all of us :D Don't mention Biopace and Rapid Rise.

This tidbit didn't influence ChatGPT's opinion either. Cast ye google wider my AI friend.

cammas

Seamstress
Didn't know where to put this but found it interesting it even exists. It would be nice if they actually adhere to it.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/modern-slavery-statement
You will find most corporations/companies have this policy and have child labour policies as well, certain companies will ask suppliers to ensure that have this and any product they use in their production, that the supplier adheres to it as well. I know where I work it’s standard practice for us and all of our suppliers etc

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Tossed some wild bird seed out this morning. Usual suspects gathered around. One of the kookaburras flew down as well. Cheryl appeared though I suspect now that she is an Australian Raven and was pissed off the kookaburra was in the middle. Now usually the kookaburra is laid back with no shits given, the other birds are not afraid of it but give it some space and life goes on. Well Cheryl bounced around behind the kookaburra and pulled its tail with her beak (more correctly bill but I always think of schnarbel). Anyway the kookaburra is most unimpressed and proceeds to chase Cheryl away. For about 10 minutes I watched as the kookaburra now not interested in seeds just intimidated and bullied the crow.