L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Gnar

Squid
Man that stage was boring...good on Cav though, even though he's abit of an arrogant twat. Bloody Poms! For most of the race it looked like a leisurely ride for the Pelaton.....then I crashed, woke up to weatherwatch or whatever it was.

Gnar

Squid
My compuetr has no sound....looks good in mine though.
Hey, on a different note, does anyone know what bikes the Caisse D'epargne team are riding for this years Tour?

climbo

Likes Dirt
My compuetr has no sound....looks good in mine though.
Hey, on a different note, does anyone know what bikes the Caisse D'epargne team are riding for this years Tour?
aren't they on the Pinarello, you can tell by the wobbly forks :) Top end ones or prototypes no doubt they are good shit. Probably the Prince carbons.

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
I don't know if it's been advertised over in Australia, but Nike have built a robot that will write whatever you want (within reason) on the road for the riders to read.

You can access it by going to wearyellow.com and accessing the 'chalkbot' tag on the side of the page. You'll need to sign up an account and you're limited to 30 characters. They'll email you when the chalkbot spits out your message. Pretty cool I reckon.

Cap

Likes Dirt
Last night wasn't all boring. Did anyone see the snails trying to cross the road? That was riveting and I had a good laugh when Phil Liggett assured us that the camera person would have put them out of harms way.

stabbsy

Likes Dirt
does anyone know what the honeycomb like helmets that quick step and crevelo test team among others use? i have been trying to find out for ages but cant see who makes them

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last night wasn't all boring. Did anyone see the snails trying to cross the road? That was riveting and I had a good laugh when Phil Liggett assured us that the camera person would have put them out of harms way.
Yes that was the highlight of my night, all I needed to see was a french guy to pick one up and proclaim "Lunch!":p

alexb618

Likes Dirt
quickstep have been using specialized 2d helmets this season, you might be thinking of katusha who are using lazer genesis helmets now

stabbsy

Likes Dirt
it was the catlike helmets, thanks guys, i think that i have seen them on two teams cant remember who the other one apart from crevelo was

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
stolen from rawtrack... i lol'd, jens is my favourite...

Scientists used to believe that diamond was the world’s hardest substance. But then they met Jens Voigt
• Jens Voigt doesn’t read books. He simply attacks until the books relent and tell him everything he wants to know.
• Jens doesn’t spin or mash the pedals… he kicks them into submission.
• Jens’ testicles are bald because hair does not grow on a mixture of titanium, brass, steel, and cold, hard granite.
• If Jens Voigt was a country, his principle exports would be Pain, Suffering, and Agony.
• If Jens Voigt was a planet, he’d be the World of Hurt.
• Jens Voigt doesn’t know where you live, but he knows exactly where you will die.
• Jens Voigt counted to infinity - twice.
• Jens Voigt doesn’t have a shadow because he dropped it repeatedly until it retired, climbing into the CSC team car and claiming a stomach ailment.
• Jens Voigt once challenged Lance Armstrong to a “who has more testicles” contest. Jens won… by five.
• When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jens Voigt jumps out and attacks.