L'officiel Le Tour 2010 Thread!

Bodin

GMBC
TdF 2010 is over. Boo.
Second that. I have to go back to work tomorrow (took the whole 3 weeks off) and my head is definitely not in the right place.

Going to be an interesting trade season seeing what happens with Contador, how the new Luxembourg venture works out for the Shlecks, etc...

Anyway, bring on the Vuelta and the Worlds in Geelong. I'll be there! (The Worlds, not Spain).

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I am depressed already now tour is over. Even considering dramas fairly predictable top 2 gc. Good see green jersey go down to the wire.

Bring on vuelta and worlds

Cycling central on sbs to start again - good see more cycling coverage

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How many stages did Petacchi win? For some reason I feel slightly cheated that Cavendish isn't in green.
yeah petacchi won two stages, cav is definately the quicker finisher but he has said the only way he wants to win the green is by winning stages, he wont chase point in intermediate sprints. Erik zabel only won 12 stages but won 6 maillot verts so winning stages isnt a requirment for it just like you can be in yellow and not win a stage.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Just found this and it made me laugh :)

[video=youtube;UzPq0hDdDhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPq0hDdDhs&NR=1[/video]

Last edited:

Bodin

GMBC
Clearly. Unfortunately my 4.30am starts made it a bit hard this year. This thread has been my Tour lifeline. There's always next year.
4:30 starts. Ouchy. Take leave next year. I did this year, recorded most of the stages and watched them the next morning before going training. Awesome way to spend 3 weeks. I've had heaps of sleep and I'm fitter than I've been in 5 years.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
4:30 starts. Ouchy. Take leave next year. I did this year, recorded most of the stages and watched them the next morning before going training. Awesome way to spend 3 weeks. I've had heaps of sleep and I'm fitter than I've been in 5 years.
Sounds like a great idea. Might just do that. Add some inspired pre summer training so you can hit the racing season in form. Might even book my leave in now!

akashra

Eats Squid
Sounds like a great idea. Might just do that. Add some inspired pre summer training so you can hit the racing season in form. Might even book my leave in now!
I've been sorta doing that - actually not working at the moment, but the problem has been that the weather has been so cold and shite, it's barely of any benefit.
Plus just going out and putting in massive ks would only lead to burn-out - you have to work up to those kinds of things, so it's of no benefit unless you've worked incrementally towards making use of the time.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Sad to see it finish but will be good to get back to normal sleeping patterns :) Might be the last time anyone but Andy wins the yellow for a few years. Next year with Frank will be even better.

Bodin

GMBC
Plus just going out and putting in massive ks would only lead to burn-out
I was worried about that as well, especially when my first ride was 185km. But I must have had some latent fitness that got me through it and allowed me to continue. All up I only did 1070km over the 3 weeks. Only 8 rides in total, so was resting plenty between rides and watching my eating habits very closely.

But the best way to deal with fatigue? Sleep. And I got plenty, so feeling tip top now. Can't believe I have to wait another 11 months to do it all again.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, did we go a whole TdF without a whole drug cheat (well excluding the CTT guy who used the wrong butt cream) or is testing ongoing?

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
So, did we go a whole TdF without a whole drug cheat (well excluding the CTT guy who used the wrong butt cream) or is testing ongoing?
Testing is still ongoing and they can take away wins up to 8 years later. So with the whole biological passport, we may seem some retrospective suspensions. Will just have to wait and see, but the signs are promising. Cyclist just can't get away with it anymore. There are so many control, it must be the most regulated sports in the world

Wait I forgot about Landis. Cant beleive that guy. He spent so much time arguing his suspension, now he finally admits it and wants people to beleive him that Lance and Co were into it too.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Wait I forgot about Landis. Cant beleive that guy. He spent so much time arguing his suspension, now he finally admits it and wants people to beleive him that Lance and Co were into it too.
The Landis thing is kind of interesting... his point is that he was on a fairly carefully planned doping regime with Lance et al and knew that the substance that the lab found wasn't one of the things that he was taking therefore he decided to fight the charge 'cause he knew that something dodgy was going on. The testing process used was certainly open to question - I'm not sure that he would have been suspended at all if they had to get through a 'reasonable doubt' style standard of proof...

In some ways its such a dumb convoluted story that no-one would make it up! Oh well, now that the real police have become interested things might start to come out (thats if there is anything...).

I read an article that was looking at power outputs etc from this year's tour, Contador & Schleck maintained just over 6w / kg on the Tourmalet for 40 mins or so... this was worked back to VO2 Max and its at the upper limit but still within the bounds of what sort of output a non-blood enhanced human could do.... a few years ago, a number riders were regularly putting out close to 7w/kg for over an hour on consecutive days... You'd need lungs the size of a weather balloon!

Indications are that we had a pretty clean tour... touch wood!

jumpers

Likes Dirt
There was a rider thrown out on eve of tour for drug suspicion - think team cervelo but cant remember- soory just read your post ....wrong butt cream???
Good see a clean tour.
Did anyone pick all the jerseys??? I picked yellow and white but that all.
Hard to pick the polka dot jersey - i dont think the best mtn climber wins the polka dot but gives non gc contenders something to aim for.

Good see Vino ride well and be a team player

Last edited:

Garrath

Likes Dirt
With this years tribute to the Pyrenees over and done with, the tour organisers are looking at a tribute to the Alpes for next year. Reported is a possible Alpe de Huez finish and a romp up the Galibier.