Lookin' for a DH posse

pmrider

Squid
Hello fellow Melbourne MTBers..

I'm trying to put a DH posse together!

I've got a bunch of good mates who love to ride but we're all old basterds. (mid-late 30s) and it's getting to be a pain in the arse to get enough dudes together on any given Sunday for a ride day.

so. i'm putting the word out to find a few new riding buddies.. I've got a twin cab ute perfect for shuttling, favourite riding spot is warburton but fond of narby, kinglake etc too..

we're a pretty chilled out bunch of riders, don't take shit too seriously.. just ride for fun. anybody of any level/age/gender (as long as you're gravity focused and have a drivers licence) is welcome.. I live round the Brunswick/Carlton area so can pick peeps up if you live nearby or just meet you at the trails..

if you're keen to get some good riding in this spring/summer PM me..

BTW, if anybody's keen i'd be keen to hit up warby tomorrow (14-09-14)..

cameronpatrol

Likes Bikes
Id be keen once Ive got a DH rig.
Im 30 and have a mate bit younger and we are keen to get out and hit some trails once we sorted with bikes.
Going to plan a few over nighters or weekends down the track.
Pack the swags and fridge with beers and go riding.
both have patrols wagons but me mate has a dunny door ute as well.
We are on the mornington penisula.
Cheers Cam

Riding

Hello fellow Melbourne MTBers..

I'm trying to put a DH posse together!

I've got a bunch of good mates who love to ride but we're all old basterds. (mid-late 30s) and it's getting to be a pain in the arse to get enough dudes together on any given Sunday for a ride day.

so. i'm putting the word out to find a few new riding buddies.. I've got a twin cab ute perfect for shuttling, favourite riding spot is warburton but fond of narby, kinglake etc too..

we're a pretty chilled out bunch of riders, don't take shit too seriously.. just ride for fun. anybody of any level/age/gender (as long as you're gravity focused and have a drivers licence) is welcome.. I live round the Brunswick/Carlton area so can pick peeps up if you live nearby or just meet you at the trails..

if you're keen to get some good riding in this spring/summer PM me..

BTW, if anybody's keen i'd be keen to hit up warby tomorrow (14-09-14)..
Hey i ride with a few fellas around the same age can't ride this weekend but would be keen another time we travel all around and have a few tracks of our own, would be good to get a large crew together

rowanb

Likes Dirt
I'm definitely keen for some more crew to ride gravity stuff with. Can't do this coming weekend, headed out to the Alpine Gravity enduro at Warburton, but not much planned after that... will drop you a PM with my details.

i would also been keen once i get a dh bike, im completely new to dh so would love to watch and learn with experienced guys. i also have a twin cab ute if needed, My AM bike got stolen a month ago and im waiting on my HT coming in end of month then im going to invest in a dh bike. i live in skye and usually ride lysty and you yangs for now,

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Sounds good, I'm the last man standing of the old crew I uses to ride with. I'm in the process of sorting out another DH bike at the moment, I'll pm you when it's up and running.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I'm in my early 30s and just up in Coburg... piecing together a DH bike at the moment and should be done by the end of December or so.

I'll check in again when it's done if I remember. :)

jarrod839

Banned
i,m definitely up for a ride, as i,m in my early 30's aswell and looking for some crew to ride with.

Hoping to get up to Maldon for the ride day on sep 28th. will PM contact details.

Jarrod

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Can an old bloke join in, or is it just for you young pups?

Once I get my mobility scooter up to speed........

Holf

Likes Bikes
I got a Group of us, about 15 but with like 4-5 main core people, always looking for more to join in. Can be hard to fill car at times. More people with shuttle cars/trailers welcome :) we only got one trailer that fits 6 bike and just normal bike racks for smaller trips of 3-4 people., and the odd ute if he can make it. Rest are mainly in for Shuttle days by youies/maldon/ben walkins etc, but more people/transports are welcome. Age from 23-40s atm :) Male and female. Just message me here and can add you to the FB group got going. Freindly group of people from slow to semi fast :)

And few of us will be at maldon ride day to :)

Last edited:

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
I'm always looking for more people around my age and skills to ride with - feel free to PM me (I'm a shift worker so can ride mid-week as well)

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
I got a Group of us, about 15 but with like 4-5 main core people, always looking for more to join in. Can be hard to fill car at times. More people with shuttle cars/trailers welcome :) we only got one trailer that fits 6 bike and just normal bike racks for smaller trips of 3-4 people., and the odd ute if he can make it. Rest are mainly in for Shuttle days by youies/maldon/ben walkins etc, but more people/transports are welcome. Age from 23-40s atm :) Male and female. Just message me here and can add you to the FB group got going. Freindly group of people from slow to semi fast :)

And few of us will be at maldon ride day to :)
Hey Holf, I'll PM you my details. My mobility scooter is slow.... I'll be at the Maldon day as well.

Last edited:

pmrider

Squid
DH posse

hi guys,
thanks for all the responses, look like we're gonna get a decent crew together..
those of you who don't have bikes, PM me once you do.
I'll probably set up a facebook page once we get established so we can organise rides easily.

Horaldo

Squid
Add another old bastard (as far as MTB goes) to this posse. I'd be interested as well in a few weeks time once my collar heels. Till then I'll sort my gear out. Do you all wear full face helmets?

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
Im out east and have a 5 bike trailer. Generally ride around narby or granton and some times I struggle to fill the trailer. Would be sick if we all got together for a major ride/shuttle day.

Bring your utes and trailers for one mad day of shredding ;)